PDA

View Full Version : Fixture changes

Éanna
11/10/2002, 11:52 AM
An number of upcoming Cork City home fixtures have been rearranged.
* The game against Drogheda United at Turner's Cross on Sunday, October 21st will now kick-off at 3pm.
* The home game against St. Patrick's Atheltic, postponed due to the FAI Cup Semi-Final, has been rearranged for Monday, November 4th at 7.45pm at Turner's Cross.
* The home fixture against Longford Town has been brought forward a day to Saturday, November 16th. Kick-off will be at 7pm.
Cork City's next fixture is away to Derry City this Sunday at 12noon.

from citynet (http://www.eirways.com/citynet)

Éanna
11/10/2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
* The home fixture against Longford Town has been brought forward a day to Saturday, November 16th. Kick-off will be at 7pm.

Derry will love that:rolleyes:

pete
11/10/2002, 1:53 PM
I don't see any reason now theres lights at the cross that the traditional Derry Sunday noon matches couldn't be moved to saturday night at the cross.

Maybe Derry can't do so themselves because of the dog track at the Brandywell?

btw why 7pm at the cross?

:confused:

niamh
11/10/2002, 6:36 PM
Why was the Longford game changed, anyone?

joe
11/10/2002, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Why was the Longford game changed, anyone?

either the 160 mile rule, or because they play us on saturday up there

The Donie Forde
12/10/2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by joe

either the 160 mile rule, or because they play us on saturday up there

160 mile rule, so I'm told. Seems it's ok on Sats but not Mon-Fri...
go figure.

Donie

shedite
14/10/2002, 4:31 PM
Why change the Drogheda game? Most Irish sport fans will want to watch the second Ireland/Australia game this sunday. That's starting at three too. At least starting the city game at 2 gave us a chance to see the second half.

pete
14/10/2002, 5:31 PM
Originally posted by shedite
Most Irish sport fans will want to watch the second Ireland/Australia game this sunday.

Are you sure? Are even diehard GAA people interested in that? I heard there was only 30k at croke Park yesterday although was bad (wheres the roof?) weather - knew there not many people at as was actually possible to travel around dublin yesterday without traffic.

IMO 2pm was always a bad time for sunday game at the cross. Being an exile who may travel down for games i'd miss my home cooked sunday lunch cos of the 2pm start. :(

Éanna
16/10/2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
I'd prefer to stick needles in my scrotum than watch that crap.
whatever you´re into boy ;) :D

Macy
16/10/2002, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
160 mile rule, so I'm told. Seems it's ok on Sats but not Mon-Fri...
go figure.
Donie

Easy - people (fans and players) don't have to work on a Saturday or Sunday...... You seem happy enough with weekend trips to Longford, so whats the problem with giving us the same option?

The Donie Forde
16/10/2002, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Macy

people (fans and players) don't have to work on a Saturday or Sunday......

...is that official now? :D Must have a word with my boss...

No one has a prob going to Longford Sat nites, it seems to be your preferred option for home games. As City's is Friday nites, City fans are just enquiring as to why, das all, boy.

Donie