PDA

View Full Version : Call for United Forces of EL (UFEL)

gjmclarke
01/11/2006, 6:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

In true Star Wars style, the dark forces of the Sheliban and FAI have struck again. Can I ask all EL supports to join together and make a mockery of this recent decision and turn the remainder of the season into a joke that the above bodies have already made it.

As a Derry supporter I would love nothing more than Derry to win the league this season - however I have another strong desire that a team such as Shels don't win the league. They seem to be playing their games at Merrion Square these days and not Tolka.

So in the next few matches - can I ask any team who is playing Shelbourne to treat it as a cup final (and all other supporters to unite with them as this Premier League seems to be turning into a 2 team league - Shels v Everyone else.

Also nothing would give me as much pleasure to see teams being "easier" to play when the opposition is Derry City. :cool: I know all teams would love to do well but at this stage of the season what is another few points for some teams (that won't make a differentce) as opposed to another Merrion Square Title for Shels.

So lets unite and fight the force of Shels and show them that True Champions are made on the pitch not in a tribunal !!!!!!

The Stars
01/11/2006, 6:35 PM
way ahead of you clarke...last night us(Sligo Rovers) went easier on Derry than usuall...well 1 goal easier....and also made a joke of the whole thing by singing like mad for 90mins....(well about 5 hours,either side of the match.) and sending our most Greyhound like fans.....(go on Patterson) onto the pitch acting as the rabbit with the stewards as the dogs......
ALL this in the name of fair play and rebeling against the FAI.

Jerry The Saint
01/11/2006, 6:49 PM
"When our powers combine"!

Anyway, let's just say that it's not the worst time ever for Derry to be playing Pats in the league. We've a couple of players suspended, terrible thing to happen altogether...

headtheball
01/11/2006, 7:53 PM
"When our powers combine"!

Anyway, let's just say that it's not the worst time ever for Derry to be playing Pats in the league. We've a couple of players suspended, terrible thing to happen altogether...

Will Pats be asking to replay the games that they lost the points for during the Marney affair?

EireBadBoy
01/11/2006, 8:02 PM
I think all EL clubs should just replay the entire league season. Of course, in the interests of fair play, we should omit $h€l$.

hoopy
01/11/2006, 8:38 PM
A few fans of every club should,at their next home game, get on the pitch with a banner letting the FAI know how we all feel

Gareth
01/11/2006, 8:49 PM
What a load of bull**** from gjmclarke. We appealed a decision. Weill ya cop on. Derry appealled their decision against them. Rovers did as well. A Derry fan suggesting they want all teams to unite against Shels, not serving your own agenda there at all? True champion on the pitch , erm..we have won more games and points than you in the league, with and withotu decisions from the fAI/Eircom League, ya fool.

Fivesilver
01/11/2006, 9:02 PM
Nice one. Can we count on another bumper crowd on November 7 (Tuesday night 7.45), as the angry hordes from around the country descend on the Showgrounds to cheer on Rovers against Shels? :D
Nice concept. Sort of a football version of flying pickets.

sligoman
01/11/2006, 10:25 PM
What a load of bull**** from gjmclarke. We appealed a decision. Weill ya cop on. Derry appealled their decision against them. Rovers did as well. A Derry fan suggesting they want all teams to unite against Shels, not serving your own agenda there at all? True champion on the pitch , erm..we have won more games and points than you in the league, with and withotu decisions from the fAI/Eircom League, ya fool.Ah come on Gareth ffs this decision is a joke. Bohs losing 3 points is enough of a punishment, never mind replaying the game. The FAI are practically handing Shels the league, it's embarassing to actually support the EL at the moment:mad:.

Gareth
01/11/2006, 10:36 PM
Ah come on Gareth ffs this decision is a joke. Bohs losing 3 points is enough of a punishment, never mind replaying the game. The FAI are practically handing Shels the league, it's embarassing to actually support the EL at the moment:mad:.

Firstly see the other thread about my opinions. So far apart from this game, which is probably going to be subject to appeal and hopefully overturned, is this the only grounds you base the league being handed to us? The fact we lost 6 points earlier in the seaosn with Cork, didn't exactly hand us the league. I think this is an awful decision, but I will not belittle the effort the team has put in to get to the top of the league at this point, on merit.!!!! No points have been gained wrongly at this point, we still remain on top, and if all things considered we have won more than the table shows.

Dr.Nightdub
01/11/2006, 11:02 PM
Ollie obviously doesn't feel that Shels' players have it in them to win the League, even at this point, hence him setting in motion Plan B - having Shels' solicitors win them the League. Again.

Billy Lord
01/11/2006, 11:43 PM
The camp must be divided into those who desire progress and those who seek the preservation of the status quo. Hands up for progress?

dfx-
02/11/2006, 12:08 AM
Progress can't be that difficult surely - I mean a bunch of blabbering maniacs at the helm would be progress to this.

Surely this is as haphazard as it could ever get? (Hang on, don't answer that)

dcfcsteve
02/11/2006, 12:14 AM
Progress can't be that difficult surely - I mean a bunch of blabbering maniacs at the helm would be progress to this.

Surely this is as haphazard as it could ever get? (Hang on, don't answer that)

And they haven't even got their hands on running the league officially yet !!

This is only for starters........! :eek:

Calcio Jack
02/11/2006, 8:39 AM
A few fans of every club should,at their next home game, get on the pitch with a banner letting the FAI know how we all feel

If you intend doing that at a Rovers game... make sure you bring your cheque book so you can pay the fine we'll be hit with.... are you not aware that we've paid a few thousand euros already this season on account of morons going onto the pitch ... so suggest you think of some other form of protest

Dazzy
02/11/2006, 10:18 AM

I got a few made!

Passive
02/11/2006, 2:25 PM
I just heard that Shels are looking for the 1962 FAI Cup final to be replayed. Apparently Ronnie Nolan was actually suspended. The FAI are open to the idea on the condition that the Rovers and Shels play the original sides.

BohsPartisan
02/11/2006, 2:46 PM
I just heard that Shels are looking for the 1962 FAI Cup final to be replayed. .

Maybe we should look for a replay of that game in the thirties that was recently mentioned in a match programme where shels fielded a suspended player. In fact maybe all clubs should trawl through their records to see where and when similar occurances happened and appeal them as well.

jebus
02/11/2006, 3:04 PM
Am I the only one in thinking that if a club (i.e. Bohs) are docked 3 points for effectively cheating, that said 3 points should go to the team they beat on the night? In this case I know there was a case on whether or not Bohs should have been docked the 3 points at all, but when they finally were, does it not make sense to at least have a replay? Don't get wrong, I'm all for this anti-EL group, but in this case I think a replay is the least the Eircom League could award a club that they have found to have been wronged in a match.

Jesus this is gonna get me in trouble isn't it? :o

sonofstan
02/11/2006, 3:11 PM
Am I the only one in thinking that if a club (i.e. Bohs) are docked 3 points for effectively cheating, that said 3 points should go to the team they beat on the night? In this case I know there was a case on whether or not Bohs should have been docked the 3 points at all, but when they finally were, does it not make sense to at least have a replay? Don't get wrong, I'm all for this anti-EL group, but in this case I think a replay is the least the Eircom League could award a club that they have found to have been wronged in a match.

The flaw in your logic is this; what if Shels had won the original game? we would still have been docked our 3 points, but would you have supported gifting another 3 points to them? and if they had won it, would there be any logic in a replay? whatever the just solution is, it should apply irrespective of the original result, which tis clearly doesn't

Colie
02/11/2006, 3:39 PM
Totally agree here.

The Bohs broke the rules & got docked points. It happens to teams all the time.

The issue against Shels is different. Hypothetically they could have lost the game due to the suspended player & therefore a replay is the only option.

If Bohs had lost the game, been docked 3 points for breaking the rules, & were challenging for the league, would they demand a replay (if it was an option, as it clearly will be going forward) on the basis that they fielded a suspended player? Bloody right they would.

I'm UCD not Shels before anyone starts throwing accusations.

BohsPartisan
02/11/2006, 3:41 PM
So the rules are superseded by the speculation of what may or may not have happened? Glad that's cleared up.

Student Mullet
02/11/2006, 3:50 PM
The problem Colie is that that's not what the rule is. You think it should be the rule and that's a fair opinion but the FAI should apply the rule as it is.

EnDai
02/11/2006, 4:50 PM
The rule also gives grounds for appeal, and action at the discretion of the comitee/board/barnyard.

Still a ****ing stupid decision.

holidaysong
02/11/2006, 6:59 PM

:eek: :D