PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on Rovers

Fivesilver
01/11/2006, 1:38 PM
Last night was just the last straw. It's been over 30 years, but the bad times have outweighed the good times by too much. I can't take any more.

So here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to make up a reason to support a big, successful team in, say, England. Chelsea or Man United seem like a good bet at the moment - I can always change in a few years if anything goes badly wrong.
Then I just have to get used to referring to Chelsea/ManU/Liverpool/Arsenal as "We". Once I've managed that, I can go into work every Monday with my chest puffed out with pride. I'm never going to have to worry about the kind of humiliation we (sorry, Sligo) suffered twice in a few weeks in the Brandywell.
Hey, it even means I'll be able to celebrate winning a trophy every year or so.

Actually I don't think I'll pick United, because then I'll have the added satisfaction of slagging off their fans about how ManU supporters don't come from Manchester - ha!

Anyway, I'm off to get a Sky box and a replica shirt. See ya later, losers! :D

Rovers1
01/11/2006, 1:44 PM
Last night was just the last straw. It's been over 30 years, but the bad times have outweighed the good times by too much. I can't take any more.

I'm going to make up a reason to support a big, successful team in, say, England. Chelsea or Man United seem like a good bet at the moment - I can always change in a few years if anything goes badly wrong.
Then I just have to get used to referring to Chelsea/ManU/Liverpool/Arsenal as "We". Once I've managed that, I can go into work every Monday with my chest puffed out with pride. I'm never going to have to worry about the kind of humiliation we (sorry, Sligo) suffered twice in a few weeks in the Brandywell.

Actually I don't think I'll pick United, because them I'll have the added satisfaction of slagging off their fans about how ManU supporters don't come from Manchester - ha!

:rolleyes:

Midgit
01/11/2006, 1:53 PM

Actually I don't think I'll pick United, because them I'll have the added satisfaction of slagging off their fans about how ManU supporters don't come from Manchester - ha!

Such a sunshiner!
Fans are supposed to stick with thier team through thick and thin!
You are the type of fan we don't want in the showgrounds!
Go f#ck of so and support Man U or Chelsea we don't want fans like you!

Midgit
01/11/2006, 2:06 PM
Im just after reading your thread you posted last night Fivesilver!
What happened to "Keep the Faith"?

Paraic
01/11/2006, 2:08 PM
ffs lads, Fivesilver is obviously taking the p!ss - that bus journey back must have taken alot out of ye.

Fivesilver
01/11/2006, 2:09 PM
Christ! Will ye go and look up "irony" in the dictionary. :rolleyes:

The Stars
01/11/2006, 2:14 PM
great thread Fivesilver,its just to easy to get some people.....

Rovers1
01/11/2006, 2:18 PM
hence the ':rolleyes:' on my post

The Stars
01/11/2006, 2:35 PM
ya but look at what midgit said....poor young fella doesnt get the joke.

Red&White Rover
01/11/2006, 2:43 PM
Such a sunshiner!
Fans are supposed to stick with thier team through thick and thin!
You are the type of fan we don't want in the showgrounds!
Go f#ck of so and support Man U or Chelsea we don't want fans like you!

its ok, the man is taking the **** of sunshiners! not becoming one!;)

sligobhoy67
01/11/2006, 9:44 PM
ffs lads, Fivesilver is obviously taking the p!ss - that bus journey back must have taken alot out of ye.

I cant believe some of ye bit on that - jesus the tongue is firmly stuck in his cheek!

Bravo
02/11/2006, 10:00 AM
Good luck supporting United after that ****e last night, even Rovers would have beaten them, out of the pan into the fire!!!:p

Only1Rovers
02/11/2006, 12:14 PM

Actually I don't think I'll pick United, because then I'll have the added satisfaction of slagging off their fans about how ManU supporters don't come from Manchester - ha!

I recken Rovers would have fancied thier chances last night agains FC Kobehaagen. Marcus Allback for the Rovers!

Midgit
02/11/2006, 12:19 PM
Marcus Allback for the Rovers!

He is a quality player! dream on!