May as well hand the title to the slobbering fatarse now

Once again the League are shown up to be the bunch of jokers that they are

chippie0001
01/11/2006, 1:10 PM
Farcical that is

Absolutely farcical

May as well hand the title to the slobbering fatarse now

Once again the League are shown up to be the bunch of jokers that they are

Just to get this right, this was not a league decision. It was a decision by the FAI, remember them, they are taking over next year. Delaney and that reached this decision and the blame lies at their door.

Dee75
01/11/2006, 1:11 PM
So Bohs now get the chance to get there three points back and if they do they get NO punishment for playing an McGuinness

FARCE

C.mon BOHS beat them again with McGuinness to score a last minute winner!!!

Réiteoir
01/11/2006, 1:12 PM
Ah - now it becomes clear

The old pals act is being enforced

DELANEY - rot off you absolute pudding bowl haricut sporting cretin

CharlesThompson
01/11/2006, 1:14 PM
I also think that Rovers should play Dundalk again. Dublin City should be reinstated and John Delaney made president of Ireland and the eircom League trophy to be renamed the Oily Byrne Perpetualistic Tolka Park Trophy!

Joke!

lofty9
01/11/2006, 1:20 PM
Is this official? This was the one scenario that I honestly couldn't have agreed with, as Bohs now have the opportunity to get their points back. Not that I don't want Bohs to get them back! What was the point of deducting them 3 points. However, this is a farce beyond belief. Time for Dundalk now to annoy the FAI. It's hardly likely Bohemians will appeal this:D ?

paudie
01/11/2006, 1:20 PM
I also think that Rovers should play Dundalk again.

Surely this a logical follow on from this decision.

A replay is a ridiculous decision.

Either the original decision should have stood or Shels got the 3 points.

Dodge
01/11/2006, 1:25 PM
Still at least it'll be alright next year when the little clubs are gone...

Disgusting decision. How can they fine Scully €5k and let the criminal away with dragging the league through the ****s time and time again

WeAreRovers
01/11/2006, 1:28 PM
Just to get this right, this was not a league decision. It was a decision by the FAI, remember them, they are taking over next year. Delaney and that reached this decision and the blame lies at their door.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm concerned. As chippie points out it's the new boss (same as the old boss) that has decided this. The same bunch of incompetents that awarded Deceased FC a licence and then turned around and said that a club folding mid-season would never happen again under the new regime. :rolleyes:

It's time for the progressive clubs to seriously think about a breakaway league. This current mess cannot continue. Rovers, Bohs, Galway, Derry, Cork, Sligo, Harps and a few others have their houses in order. The Dundalks, Limericks, Longfords and Shels of this world can carry on as they are and the rest of us can start to clean up our game.

The time for action is now - and I don't mean a poxy NLSA meeting or press release.

KOH

micls
01/11/2006, 1:28 PM
Sickening....does this mean the Rovers dundalk game will be replayed as well so??

Hope Bohs hammer them

NY Hoop
01/11/2006, 1:29 PM
Beyond belief if true. Just shows that whatever the criminal wants he gets. Bullyboy intimidatory tactics again show the FAI for what they are: a joke.

The original decision should have stood.

KOH

harps1954
01/11/2006, 1:30 PM
This is an absolute disgrace, if it is true. How many times have Shels won the League in the last ten years? How many times have Shels won the League ON THE PITCH in the last ten years?

It'll be a hollow victory if they now go on and won the League. Shelbourne FC, Ollie Byrne and the three man committee at the FAI who made this decision - you are all a disgrace to Irish football.

I feel really, really sorry for Derry City today. All the hard work that they put in on the pitch this season will be undone in the boardroom at Merrion Square. Derry City and St. Patrick's Athletic - two clubs stabbed in the back by Ollie Byrne and the FAI in the last few years.

Can't believe this decision.

Dodge
01/11/2006, 1:31 PM
It's time for the progressive clubs to seriously think about a breakaway league. This current mess cannot continue. Rovers, Bohs, Galway, Derry, Cork, Sligo, Harps and a few others have their houses in order.
Agree with you 100% BUT all those clubs signed up THIS YEAR and they ****ing knew what they were getting into it. Spineless bunch of ****ing wimps.

Calcio Jack
01/11/2006, 1:32 PM
Surely this a logical follow on from this decision.

A replay is a ridiculous decision.

Either the original decision should have stood or Shels got the 3 points.

I don't it is... whilst Rovers did appeal and took their case to arbitration... Dundalk did not make any effort at any stage to look for a replay... would be totally opportunistic of them to do so now .... also if the FAI did grant a replay then surely Rovers would be entitled to get the non-refundable €5k that arbitration cost them returned.

The problem that this decision now causes is that there is no consistency involved in the decisions given out by the FAI, to follow the logic of it surely Derry should also have to replay the 3 games for which they fielded a suspended player !!

lofty9
01/11/2006, 1:32 PM
Question for Bohs fans - Are you happy with the outcome, or does your hate for Shels/Ollie outweigh that?

Réiteoir
01/11/2006, 1:33 PM
This is the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm concerned. As chippie points out it's the new boss (same as the old boss) that has decided this. The same bunch of incompetents that awarded Deceased FC a licence and then turned around and said that a club folding mid-season would never happen again under the new regime. :rolleyes:

It's time for the progressive clubs to seriously think about a breakaway league. This current mess cannot continue. Rovers, Bohs, Galway, Derry, Cork, Sligo, Harps and a few others have their houses in order. The Dundalks, Limericks, Longfords and Shels of this world can carry on as they are and the rest of us can start to clean up our game.

The time for action is now - and I don't mean a poxy NLSA meeting or press release.

KOH

WAR - I think you may be right

This is the final straw as you said - I spent many Friday and Saturday nights defending Bohs and the League against the comments and other stuff thrown at me (mostly in humour may I add) by my English mates (crap league, no-one watches it, pub league, poor football, etc.)

I will from now on not bother to defend our League - this has just sealed the deal

OUR LEAGUE IS A STANDING JOKE - NO BETTER THAN THE LINCOLNSHIRE AND DISTRICT PUB LEAGUE SUNDAY DIVISION 4

Dee75
01/11/2006, 1:34 PM
Is this official? This was the one scenario that I honestly couldn't have agreed with, as Bohs now have the opportunity to get their points back. Not that I don't want Bohs to get them back! What was the point of deducting them 3 points. However, this is a farce beyond belief. Time for Dundalk now to annoy the FAI. It's hardly likely Bohemians will appeal this:D ?

Official. Just confirmed by a Derry City director on DerryCityChat.com:mad:

Derry City are seeking legal advice before commenting

BohsPartisan
01/11/2006, 1:35 PM
It's time for the progressive clubs to seriously think about a breakaway league. This current mess cannot continue. Rovers, Bohs, Galway, Derry, Cork, Sligo, Harps and a few others have their houses in order.

I've been saying this for a while. The FAI are beyond repair, an absolute joke.
A new league would be a golden opportunity for the progressive teams both sides of the border to breakaway and form a propper all-ireland league - without Delaney and Oily! Time for the $h€ll$ to Sea campaign!

bohs til i die
01/11/2006, 1:35 PM
Question for Bohs fans - Are you happy with the outcome, or does your hate for Shels/Ollie outweigh that?

I dont really care to be honest.

Ive never been so dis-illusioned with the league as I am now. Seriously trhinking about whether I could be bothered anymore.

Jerry The Saint
01/11/2006, 1:37 PM
If only Ollie Byrne had shown such a thirst for justice a few seasons ago. Pats would have had the chance to replay the 5 games they were deducted 15 points for (despite only gaining 8 points in those 5 games).

Still, RULES IS RULES! :mad:

micls
01/11/2006, 1:38 PM
People are seriously p*ssed off over this. Someone on the city forum suggested the other teams pulling out of the fixtures for the rest of the year....obviously not going to happen but this is a joke.

Ollie Byrne and his FAi buddies make a laughing stock of this league. It wouldnt be any less than he deserves if away fans boycotted tolka(or wherever they are) next season if they win the league cos of this.

I wanted shels to win the league because if Derry win the cup its better for us but i dunno what to think now.
On principal I hope Derry stuff them after this. For city i hope they win.........sickening

sonofstan
01/11/2006, 1:39 PM
Personally - and I'd guess this is general - completely disgusted; the 3 points one way or the other is of no consequence to us; our season ended when Rovers beat us in the cup and beating Shels was the only highlight of it - getting the docked the points didn't even matter much then. The league bowing down to Ollie again just indicates what a tinpot little anti- democratic, autocratic dictatorship run Irish football -WAR is right above; a breakaway league now - but make it an all Ireland affair

OneRedArmy
01/11/2006, 1:40 PM
Is this official? This was the one scenario that I honestly couldn't have agreed with, as Bohs now have the opportunity to get their points back. Not that I don't want Bohs to get them back! What was the point of deducting them 3 points. However, this is a farce beyond belief. Time for Dundalk now to annoy the FAI. It's hardly likely Bohemians will appeal this:D ?Spot on. This is the key point.

Ollie was so desperate to get the points he asked for every possible option that would favour Shels.

I would imagine the next logical step is, if Bohs take the points (as I sincerely hope they do) for another club to appeal them getting the points on the basis they were never punished for playing an illegible player. And you get into a downward spiral of claim and counterclaim.

Aaargh.

I now hope Derry investigate whether $hel$ have been in breach of their license at various points during the season due to their ongoing financial "troubles".

Sheridan
01/11/2006, 1:42 PM
Delaney's pulled this one out of his arse. There were grounds for a points deduction or forfeiture, but not for a replay.

Nonethless, the clubs gave him his rubber-stamp mandate when they stood to benefit, so they can suck it up now.

BrayUnknowns
01/11/2006, 1:43 PM

And the same crew who gave Rovers a licence 2 seasons ago.........

KOH

Rovers nearly went under a short time ago and both Bohs and Harps have had serious financial trouble for the past number of years. I don't think you can say they really have there houses in order just yet, alothough they are moving in the right direction. Even the "mighty" Cork City are in a spot of bother.

Jerry The Saint
01/11/2006, 1:46 PM
Not so meaningless if Bohs get the points back through a replay? It may mean that they finish ahead of UCD and help to push them out of the Premier.:eek:

Never forget through any talk of breakaways that EVERY club voted to give full control to the FAI with the added bonus that they allowed the above bullsh!t to become part of the reality in forming next season's Premier Division.

Dodge
01/11/2006, 1:49 PM
Delaney's pulled this one out of his arse. There were grounds for a points deduction or forfeiture, but not for a replay.

Nonethless, the clubs gave him his rubber-stamp mandate when they stood to benefit, so they can suck it up now.

It seems it was only the fans who were against this. Which means Bohs, ROvers and the other members clubs have no excuse whtsoever.

Schumi
What a joke. The one outcome that made no sense at all. Is there anything the FAI won't do to make themselves look stupid?

bohs til i die
I now hope Derry investigate whether $hel$ have been in breach of their license at various points during the season due to their ongoing financial "troubles".

How would Shels be in breach of the licensing because of financial irregularities?

lofty9
Not so meaningless if Bohs get the points back through a replay? It may mean that they finish ahead of UCD and help to push them out of the Premier.:eek:

Then UCD make a case against the FAI. Oh this is going to get very messy!

thomas
01/11/2006, 1:53 PM
does the points deduction stand anyway?

Block G Raptor
01/11/2006, 1:56 PM
Does this mean bohs now have to play Shels twice before the end of the season? If so I hope we stuff them and hand Derry the Title

bohs til i die
does the points deduction stand anyway?

yeah because Shels will win the game anyway.

Schumi
What's the current table so?

bohs til i die
01/11/2006, 1:59 PM
What's the current table so?

1 Shelbourne 25 16 7 3 54 23 55 31
2 Derry City 25 15 7 3 42 17 52 25
3 Drogheda United 26 13 9 4 28 18 48 10
4 Cork City 26 12 11 3 31 13 47 18
5 Sligo Rovers 26 11 6 9 30 35 39 -5
6 St. Patricks Athletic 27 9 9 9 32 27 36 5
7 UCD 28 7 11 10 22 25 32 -3
8 Bohemians 26 9 4 14 27 28 31 -1
9 Longford Town 27 7 9 11 19 24 30 -5
10 Bray Wanderers 27 3 5 19 20 62 14 -42
11 Waterford United 27 2 6 19 19 52 12 -33

Danny
01/11/2006, 1:59 PM
so bohs won the points on the pitch,
then lost them off it
and now have a chance to win them back on it again

this precedent now means any club who has a player suspended may as well play him cos they'll get a replay anyway ??
totally fcuking stoopid.
think i'll stick to the AUL from now on....

Schumi
01/11/2006, 2:03 PM
1 Shelbourne 25 16 7 3 54 23 55 31
2 Derry City 25 15 7 3 42 17 52 25
3 Drogheda United 26 13 9 4 28 18 48 10
4 Cork City 26 12 11 3 31 13 47 18
5 Sligo Rovers 26 11 6 9 30 35 39 -5
6 St. Patricks Athletic 27 9 9 9 32 27 36 5
7 UCD 28 7 11 10 22 25 32 -3
8 Bohemians 26 9 4 14 27 28 31 -1
9 Longford Town 27 7 9 11 19 24 30 -5
10 Bray Wanderers 27 3 5 19 20 62 14 -42
11 Waterford United 27 2 6 19 19 52 12 -33
:confused: Bohs have gained three points? Do they not lose the points they got for the win originally?

bohs til i die
01/11/2006, 2:03 PM
so bohs won the points on the pitch,
then lost them off it
and now have a chance to win them back on it again

this precedent now means any club who has a player suspended may as well play him cos they'll get a replay anyway ??
totally fcuking stoopid.
think i'll stick to the AUL from now on....

and you can play ineligible players and not really get punished anymore.

And to think we have that opportunity and we didnt even appeal.

bohs til i die
01/11/2006, 2:05 PM
:confused: Bohs have gained three points? Do they not lose the points they got for the win originally?

Well spotted. wanted to see if anyone would cop it.

I have no idea what the table looks like now so just kinda cut and paste that and then made it up. Works for the FAI.

Dodge
01/11/2006, 2:05 PM
LOL, so if Bohs win the game. They'll have earned 3 points (and an extra home crowd) and their punishment will be? I reckon they should play all the bangers they can. There's no way the FAI can't give them a replay and they'll end up with 40 home games v Shels.

Sneaky Gerry Cuffe...

harps1954
01/11/2006, 2:07 PM
From FAI website

The Football Association of Ireland Appeal Board has announced their decision following an appeal by Shelbourne Football Club against a decision of the Eircom League Protest Committee.

This appeal was initially heard by the FAI Appeal Board on Wednesday, October 18. The meeting was then adjourned and reconvened on Tuesday, October 31.

The FAI Appeal Board, having consulted all the available documentation and heard oral evidence, made the following decision:

• Deduction of three points against Bohemian F.C. to stand.

• Match between Bohemian FC and Shelbourne FC to be replayed at the original venue.

• Match between Bohemian FC and Shelbourne FC to be replayed as a matter of urgency.

The reasons for the FAI Appeal Board decision were as follows:

• The deduction of points against Bohemians FC stands due to the ineligibility of the Bohemians FC player.

• The Eircom League Premier Division match between Bohemian FC and Shelbourne FC is to be replayed in the interests of Fair Play.

Following the Appeal Board decision the option of arbitration is available.

Danny
01/11/2006, 2:10 PM
The Eircom League Premier Division match between Bohemian FC and Shelbourne FC is to be replayed in the interests of Fair Play.

What a fcuking cop out

lofty9
01/11/2006, 2:10 PM
The Eircom League Premier Division match between Bohemian FC and Shelbourne FC is to be replayed in the interests of Fair Play

So the league rules are now to be dictated by the FAI Fair Play Rules. They are in the **** for this statement. Brilliant!

Réiteoir
01/11/2006, 2:12 PM
Who are these Bohemians FC that the FAI are on about?

bohs til i die
01/11/2006, 2:13 PM
LOL, so if Bohs win the game. They'll have earned 3 points (and an extra home crowd) and their punishment will be? I reckon they should play all the bangers they can. There's no way the FAI can't give them a replay and they'll end up with 40 home games v Shels.

Sneaky Gerry Cuffe...

Every club should do this. Deliberately played suspended players and keep getting re-plays.

Doge, just to point out, Bohs never appealed the punishment handed out 5/6 weeks ago. We are being told we have to replay the game by the FAI because Ollie appealed.

Dodge
01/11/2006, 2:15 PM
The Eircom League Premier Division match between Bohemian FC and Shelbourne FC is to be replayed in the interests of Fair Play.
Absolutely disgusting

Following the Appeal Board decision the option of arbitration is available.
I BEG Bohs to take this option. In the interests of fair play...

Block G Raptor
01/11/2006, 2:15 PM
• Deduction of three points against Bohemian F.C. to stand.
hold on a minute we're still docked the three pts. even if we beat them again
thats a load of Ballacks

micls
01/11/2006, 2:17 PM
Fair play my ***

Pablo
01/11/2006, 2:20 PM
Surely The Derry games should now be replayed aswell?