PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers/domestic football supporter

Fivesilver
31/10/2006, 10:21 PM
Couldn't get off work for the game in Derry. Had to sit in an office listening to it on a cheap MW radio.
Gutted, have been before, and know I will be again. Life goes on.

Something that struck me about this supporting your hometown team lark.
You have days like these, and you get up again and get on with it.
You could, like most people I know, make up some contrived link and loyalty to an Arsenal, Man United or Liverpool, and know you'll never have to have one of these days.

But what would that mean?

If you can't understand how following Sligo Rovers means more to me, even on a day like this, than United winning the treble can ever mean to someone who's not from Manchester, there's no point in my trying to explain it to you.

Keeping the faith.

Aaron
31/10/2006, 10:25 PM
Ye's were ****e the nite lad! Up until the 30 min mark u were doin alrite then once we scored it was all us. Still a good side, sure u will be up there again next season!!

Keep the faith!!

Fivesilver
31/10/2006, 10:30 PM
Good luck - go and win the final.

sligoman
31/10/2006, 10:59 PM
I don't think theirs any doubt of Derry not winning the final. The winner of our game tonight was always gonna go on and win it. Pat's are **** poor

Mr A
31/10/2006, 11:03 PM
Pat's are **** poor

They're only one place and three points behind you in the league!

sligoman
31/10/2006, 11:07 PM
They're only one place and three points behind you in the league!They're still ****! Derry will murder them in the final.

nzamcdza
01/11/2006, 1:46 AM
i think we are a better team but anything can happen in a final

Hibs4Ever
01/11/2006, 7:28 AM
I don't think theirs any doubt of Derry not winning the final. The winner of our game tonight was always gonna go on and win it. Pat's are **** poor

Explain how there is "NO DOUBT" Sligo would beat Saints in the final, especially after Sigo again proved to all in the league last night they're SH!T outside of the showgrounds!! Saints beat Sligo EASILY in Inchicore this season, and only through a fluke didn't win in Sligo. Saints are 3 points behind Sligo in league. So explain your opinion of NO DOUBT

SRFC Head
01/11/2006, 7:58 AM
No, Pats are a decent team, there season started well and faded big time during June/July/August but they are on a good run now and will not give up without a fight. They showed against Shams they can put away chances.

dcfc_1928
01/11/2006, 8:22 AM
Pats battered us down in Inchicore earlier in the season - we were lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw.

Jerry The Saint
01/11/2006, 8:46 AM

Ha-ha - nice signature. :D You must be very proud:p

(Doesn't mean you're not right though...:o )

BohDiddley
01/11/2006, 9:53 AM
I'd just like to congratulate the multi-talented Pat Kenny.
From ireland.com: Derry City's treble bid is well and truly back on course after they blew Sligo Rovers away at the Brandywell tonight to reach the final of the FAI Cup.

Having been held to a scoreless draw on Sunday, Pat Kenny's side were determined to put on a show in front of their own fans

Fivesilver
01/11/2006, 10:43 AM
He's not on the big bucks for nothing.

gustavo
01/11/2006, 12:13 PM
Maybe thats why it kicked off at 9pm cos Pat's used to a late , late show...

The Stars
01/11/2006, 2:29 PM
i like it gus....lol

Magicme
01/11/2006, 3:43 PM
Maybe thats why it kicked off at 9pm cos Pat's used to a late , late show...

ha ha....really clever!

Anto McC
01/11/2006, 5:44 PM
Back to the OP,Fivesilver you make a very good point and it becomes even more significant in the wake of the FAI's decision regarding Bohs VS Shels.

National League fans.........

Keep the faith

Fivesilver
01/11/2006, 8:52 PM
It's precisely because I love my team and this league that it pains me to see the disdain with which rules and procedures are randomly applied. Whatever about those fools at the top, many of us do respect our league (yes, our league) and take it seriously.
Ah well, back to work, and with the European games just over, it's going to be an hour or so of listening to Irish lads referring to Arsenal and Man United as "We" for the next hour. Roll on 11 o'clock.

Gareth
01/11/2006, 9:12 PM
You got to accept that until we provide a better show for the average punter, we are always going to have the majority following the game abroad. 15 years of supporting the league and the basic truth is, if irish people wanted to love the league or want a league here, it would not be down to them building it and growing it, they want to on a platter, and served up red hot, with tv highlights and footage that will make you wee a little in excitement even though the game itself was muck.

A package, in a nice red ribbon with sugar on top. Anything less, and tehy will be off to Sky Sports before you can say Andy Grey.