PDA

View Full Version : v Kildare

Pages : [1] 2

eamo1
30/10/2006, 4:13 PM
will be intersting to see how many turn up for this one.more importantly though i really think we can run out easy winners in this game if we get an early goal.kildare players heads will drop with nothing to play for,thats how it should happen in theory but theres also a big chance it might not happen that way.
its all about a good start and going at them like we did to athlone.gethins and o'dowd should cause more problems.but kildare are a pysical side and we all know what happened against another physical side in our last home game.so lets try get a good atmosphere going again and cheer the lads on to our 8th win in 9 games,not bad at all:) .

GUISAUltra
30/10/2006, 5:20 PM
the only difference is that we haven't played well at all against kildare in any game this year but we still have 7 points out of the 3 games. i'd fancy us to beat these fairly handily and make anothere big dent in rovers goal difference

Conor H
30/10/2006, 5:27 PM
the only difference is that we haven't played well at all against kildare in any game this year but we still have 7 points out of the 3 games. i'd fancy us to beat these fairly handily and make anothere big dent in rovers goal difference

Ditto.

I can see us putting another 5 past Kildare.Cobh will be the sticky game not Kildare.

GUISAUltra
30/10/2006, 8:33 PM
ya cobh are an awkward team to play against alright. i'm still very confident that we can beat them, kildare and kilkenny and end up taking 33 out of the last 36 points available to us. if we do that and win nothing it just shows you how poor we were at the start of the season.
i'm not trying to say anything bad about lal, i know he gave his heart and soul everytime he represented galway be it on the pitch or off it but we can only wonder how this season could have turned out had tony cousins been here from day 1

Terry
31/10/2006, 10:22 AM
I see Billy Clery is back training and Ronan Frawley played for the u21's yesterday and both are looking to make a comeback for the kildare game. check out www.galwayunitedfc.ie for more info

manofthemoment
01/11/2006, 8:56 AM
have tickets to be purchased in advance or will they be available on the night????

corbyeire
01/11/2006, 9:00 AM
youll be fine on the night - kildare have nothing to play for so wont be bringing anyone

manofthemoment
01/11/2006, 9:23 AM
youll be fine on the night - kildare have nothing to play for so wont be bringing anyone

thanks

gufct
01/11/2006, 9:59 AM
Tickets are on sale in Zhivago from today.We are asking people to buy them to ease congestion at the gates and also for supporters to get up there early and use the dyke road car parks as parking cannot be guarenteed.

We should get in excess of 2,000 at the game so the more that pre buy tickets the less hassle getting in.

Terry
01/11/2006, 10:36 AM
cannot see people being in a rush to get tickets for this match for some reason!

gufct
01/11/2006, 11:04 AM
I have talked to a lot of people who hadnt been at a game in years before the Rovers/Dundalk game and they were full of praise for the efforts on and off the pitch and were intending to go back on friday night. There is a great letter in todays Galway Independent along the same lines.

We dont expect to pre sell a huge amount of tickets but the more taht are sold the less time people will be queueing to get in.A small bit more Marketing by the club and we could have packed Terryland but thats anothers day work!

gloryglorygufc
01/11/2006, 11:13 AM
ya cobh are an awkward team to play against alright. i'm still very confident that we can beat them, kildare and kilkenny and end up taking 33 out of the last 36 points available to us. if we do that and win nothing it just shows you how poor we were at the start of the season.
i'm not trying to say anything bad about lal, i know he gave his heart and soul everytime he represented galway be it on the pitch or off it but we can only wonder how this season could have turned out had tony cousins been here from day 1
Will be brilliant end to the season no matter what. But as you said, it could be a question of asking what might have been. Same story as last few season - too many draws at home in games that we should have walked.
Still, fingers crossed for the last few weeks.
Pity the cats couldn't help us last night.

corbyeire
01/11/2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/tickets-travel/tickets-now-on-sale.html

gloryglorygufc
01/11/2006, 11:15 AM
Should still be a decent crowd on Fri - just hope the message gets out there.
I think last sat's perf will have erased a lot of the damage of the Dundalk defeat in the minds of a lot of the new visitors to terryland

Conor H
01/11/2006, 11:50 AM
Nobody will buy tickets in advance of this game.Most people consider the league over now after the defeat to Dundalk.Although i believe we can still win it the main thing is we finish ahead of Dundalk.We'll be doing well to get 2000 there on Friday.Kildare are about as an attractive a fixture as Murphy's pub team.

GUISAUltra
01/11/2006, 12:07 PM
the best thing to come out of the athlone game was the way the team responded to the disaster that was the dundalk match. they didnt let it bother them, just shrugged it off and got on with the job at hand. this attitude and 3 repeat performances should easily see us through our last 3 games

Tribesman
02/11/2006, 11:20 AM
With Foley out does this mean Russell will start. That could be a very attacking lineup.

Will O'Donnell and Cretaro start as full backs, Cooke and O'Brien in front of them and O'Dowd and Gethins upfront.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-previews/galway-united-v-kildare-county-preview.html

gufct
02/11/2006, 11:40 AM
I thought it was the cobh game Ciaran was suspended for but id be happier if it was this one. Expect no changes bar russeler or mixy for Ciaran if im wrong.

GuisaSaigon
02/11/2006, 11:41 AM
Russell should start.We have to win and should go for them from the first whistle. It's a pity Foley is suspended, he has been really impressive in the last couple of games.
heres my team
Gough
Cretaro Clery Charles Micko

Cooke Carter Russell O' Brien

Gethins O' Dowd

Terry
02/11/2006, 12:28 PM
I would think he might go

Gough
Frawley...Clery...Charles...Reilly
Cretaro...O'Donnell...Carter...O'Brien
O'Dowd...Gethins

thats is if all players are available and injury free?

Also everybody next years seasons tickets will be on sale from tomorrow night at E175. There was a E25 discount coupon in the programme for the dundalk game too.

Terry
02/11/2006, 12:34 PM
preview of the match can be seen here (http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-previews/galway-united-v-kildare-county-preview.html)

Tir Oilean
02/11/2006, 3:12 PM
Sorry Terry but I'm gonna have to agree with Saigon's team on this one. Although Raf is better further up the pitch he was well capable the last night. Billy and Wes in the middle, think Reilly should get the nod over O'Donnell. Russell is goin to be a treat to watch should he start and I think that he could shine for us in the future... Cousins sees his value to the team. Cooke and O'Brien are the wingers and I would have liked to see more of Cooke this season. Gethins and O'Dowd.....don't need to say anything about these two!!!!

Id be weary of putting Frawley in from the start, sub maybe and let him build up match fitness

GUISAUltra
02/11/2006, 6:27 PM
will there be more of them coupons available because its a bit of a waste of time really if it isnt. i know an awful lot of regulars who didnt get programmes that night

Patrick Dunne
03/11/2006, 7:42 AM
Tonights match programme will again feature a E25 voucher towards the cost of a season ticket. There will also be spare programmes from the Dundalk game aon sale from the club shop.

The season ticket is on sale at E150 up to December 16th as per the voucher. This discount does not apply to concession tickets.

Season tickets will be on sale at the last game of the season against Cobh Ramblers. They will not be on sale at the Kildare County game.

GUISAUltra
03/11/2006, 9:40 AM
nice one pa

eamo1
03/11/2006, 11:31 AM
both limerick and monaghan tonight will get the freedom of galway city:) .it aint good that foley is missing,hes been carrying fran through a number of games this season so its time for fran to stand up and NOT GIVE THE BL*ODY BALL AWAY AGAIN.its set up nicely for russell now to come in as i said before.i think its sad mixie isnt getting a look in these days,just shows the quality of our squad now,tony doesnt seem to rate him but i do.

eamo1
04/11/2006, 2:48 AM
how the F**K did he not give that peno from o'dowds header???????????????????ive seen some brutal refereing performances in my years in terryland but that one is up there with the worst of them.
yes we didnt play,yes fran was brutal and should have been the first to be subbed,yes derek o'brien was back to his normal Shi*e but we still would have probably won this but for that ref.their time wasting was so blatant yet he let them away with it everytime.
i must admit i was very close to making a leap in(there was no steward where i was) at him at the final whistle but ive calmed down alot in last few years at utd games:rolleyes: .if that had been a few years ago id probably be looking at a ban from terryland after tonight;) .
note the time of this post,just in but felt i had to vent my anger.
its amazing to see mons beat dundalk,probably the worst team in ireland ebded the longest unbeaten run of an e.l team,how do you work that one out?????so amazingly we are still in with a shout with them having tough final day fixtures.
we were bad tonight though,alarmingly bad.

GUISAUltra
04/11/2006, 9:13 AM
another disgraceful night in terryland and another dire result and performance. if we perform like we did against dundalk or kildare how can we honestly expect to be into this new league next year.
It just goes to show ya how much the team depends on Ciaran Foley in midfield, he was by far our best player against dundalk he was very good in athlone and he has been one of our most consistent outfield players all year, i'd say second only to billy.
still cant understand why he took of 3 of our best players

Terry
04/11/2006, 9:36 AM
kildare were very physically from the outset with one of them shoving cookie through one of the gates in the first couple of minutes and O'Brien clattered in what the ref seen as a fair challenge ! I wouldnt say it was one of our worst performances, if we had a half decent ref we would have won the game by 3 or 4 goals. Have to say that Frannie did have a nightmare though and he himself will be very disappointed with his performance also. Tonys subs decisions also were totally wrong in my view and may have also contributed to the result.

I hate bringing this up but can someone name and shame the scum that have attached themselves to section a. I recognised one of them took off his united jersey just as the match started, put up his hoody and started shouting some really disgusting comments towards everybody and anybody, knackers the lot of them and not welcome to the clubs grounds anymore! I see some supporters myself included are starting to move further away from the area, time to move back and take back our position in the middle of the stand.

To finish my rant on a positive note it was great to here the entire grounds singing in unison even if it did start with "the referee a ******" but continuing with "UNITED", which is something we have to remain, and be the twelveth man for the last 2 games of the season.

Conor H
04/11/2006, 10:22 AM
We blew it last night.Simple as.Don't mind the incompotence of the ref-that's what you get in LOI.We should wake up aswell to the fact that we're going to be in the 1st for a good while unless we come top 2.

Terry is also 100% right with the scum that have gathered in Terryland of late.I for one am experiencing it 1st hand.It's a much more serious problem then the use of bad language which is seriously frowned upon.The E3 entry fee should be scrapped.E10 in for all U-16's.If they're interested enough they'll pay it.Half of them last ight were no more interested in the match that some of our players.On a positive note some of the hardcore Section A put a few of the little tossers in their box.:)

Terry
04/11/2006, 10:31 AM
The trouble there though Conor is that even more of them will be back next weekend if they are allowed in as I dont know if the stewards spotted any of their antics.

Magicme
04/11/2006, 10:31 AM
I cant believe we pulled the game of the season outta the bag for ya and u stuffed up! Doh!

Will tell Smythy (who is currently training little girls as i type) that he has the freedom of Galway!

gloryglorygufc
04/11/2006, 12:05 PM
Glad to see realism prevailing on here this morning.
We were pathetic last night - i was so down after the game which was made worse by the Mons result.
Don't look beyond the players and mgt on this one - the ref was no way culpable for the dross on display.
From the first minute it was clear that Kildare were there for the taking - cookie had the beating of his man (btw didn't think anything wrong with early challenge on him in the corner, just ran into the man) and their keeper was a pudding.
I agree with the previous posts about Fran (who has been poor for a good while), obrien (a disgrace) and the bizarre substitutions (what the fvck was going on there cousins?).
Where is the team the plays away from terryland???
Yes we were denied a nail-on peno, but the game should have been well out of their reach at that stage.
You all comment on us keeping the faith and being the 12th Man but the team also have a responsibility to the crowd - we are averaging 1200 regulars lately but the extra 2000 won't be back to watch 1st div rubbish.

Patrick Dunne
04/11/2006, 1:21 PM
GUFC are letting in hundreds of scumbags into the ground for free.

We are lashing out tickets in schools and also letting everyone in for free after 8.15pm. Our own U18 supporters are the salt of the earth, always welcome, and don't mind paying E3 in. We are effectively telling young thugs not to even bother paying in.

Last night was the worst I've ever seen in Terryland. I was standing outside
the club shop in injury time and these people were facing away from the pitch taunting each other.

Conor H
04/11/2006, 1:28 PM
The worst thing then is people will complain about the language flares etc when a far worse problem is the level of scum that have been coming to Terryland lately.I don't like been intimatadated in my own ground.
I tell ya one thing it won't be the language that will deter people from Terryland it will be the amount of knackers running around starting fights.Sort it out.

GUISAUltra
04/11/2006, 1:48 PM
its little ****ty arses that just want somewhere to go drinking where there mammies cant catch them. there was the minkiest of minky minks in terryland last night and they are little cheeky f**kers who are just as bad as any of the kids that were in athlone. these scumbags should be banned and never allowed into terryland again

Kildare Lad
04/11/2006, 2:42 PM
Hahahaha

GuisaSaigon
04/11/2006, 2:44 PM
Agree totally that €3 and free entry to school kids has to stop.These kids are running wild all over Terryland.It's ironic that the section A regulars are now the people trying to maintain some level of decency at home games .
This "schooligan" trend is a worrying development at LOI games, the problem in Athlone last week was not an isolated incident, luckily our stewards are more competant than those in Dubarry park.The last thing we want is another live broadcast to be marred by bebo wars.

Ceirtlis
04/11/2006, 3:13 PM
It was a fairly terrible performance all right. With all due respect Kildare are **** and i think that is what the united players had in their head the whole night. We started slowly and got a poxy enough goal their defender really messed up for it. This seemed to send the players into an even deeper sleep and Kildare had chances to level before the break. Kildare got a poxy goal as well, Gough was really badly caught out he was way off his line and it took him ages to react and the ball just looped over him. i am not sure it was even a shot it was just a bit of a punt. i think he knew he had made a mistake by his reaction at the end in fairness. As for the ref we were done by him and his team of officials in the second half he seemed to become more of a ****** the more the crowd sang at him. Alot of commotion down by the clubhouse alright 2 young lads fighting according to my younger brother these fellas obviously have no interest in the games, but it might not be a great idea to up the u16 charge especially if gufc want to encourage families down to games.

Patrick Dunne
04/11/2006, 3:22 PM
Free entry to accompanied U12s is fine, or concessions to accompanied U18s.

Allowing hundreds of 15-17 year olds to run around the place is not.
This group are of absolutely no financial benefit to GUFC and are unlikely
to remain loyal to the club.

We would be far better off giving out half-price tickets to sports and social clubs, or handing them out in Shop Street at lunchtime on Saturday.

GalwayFrancis
04/11/2006, 7:16 PM
The trouble there though Conor is that even more of them will be back next weekend if they are allowed in as I dont know if the stewards spotted any of their antics.

oh you can be sure, they were spotted, why did you think there was stewards in section A in the second half. to keep the scum (knackers that is) and the die hard utd fans apart for the protection of all. thanks god this is happening at the end of the season and not the start.

Paddyfield
04/11/2006, 7:26 PM
Hahahaha

You're spot on there Kildare Lady.

Tir Oilean
05/11/2006, 10:24 PM
Flares and bad language should be way down the list. The "Die Hards" agreed on Fri after the game that accompaniment should be enfored and that these eejits should be payin a tenner in. It'll weed out the scumbags plus it'll be easier to steward the lower numbers. They are not what we our the club want in Terryland. Kick them out on Sat night next and let them know it wont be tolerated. Extra gardai next night and arrest anyone who starts **** that'll sort it out.

gufct
06/11/2006, 8:50 AM
How can flares be down the list when the club is going to be fined at least €500 a pop. Those s*** as u referred to paid in the only free passes were from Advertees,Monkey Business and the Library !!!!!!!!!! we know their faces and action will be taken if they step out of line but we cant ban them for fighting outside the ground.

Getting back to the the match the 3 Substitutions were not crazy Conor had a thigh Problem and only passed a late fitness test,Russeler was never in the game and got pushed off the ball every time and pushing Billy on up front would have been hailed as a master stroke were it not for the incompetence of Padraig Sutton and his team of Officials who have cost us at least 4 points this season with biased decisions.

Conor H
06/11/2006, 9:25 AM
How can flares be down the list when the club is going to be fined at least €500 a pop. Those s*** as u referred to paid in the only free passes were from Advertees,Monkey Business and the Library !!!!!!!!!! we know their faces and action will be taken if they step out of line but we cant ban them for fighting outside the ground.

Getting back to the the match the 3 Substitutions were not crazy Conor had a thigh Problem and only passed a late fitness test,Russeler was never in the game and got pushed off the ball every time and pushing Billy on up front would have been hailed as a master stroke were it not for the incompetence of Padraig Sutton and his team of Officials who have cost us at least 4 points this season with biased decisions.

Well gufct we have yet to be fined and you know we won't be either.They should be down the list compared to allowing scum into the ground.Which do you think will put people off coming to Terryland?
The low life's involved we're not only just fighting outside the ground but up in Section A aswell.Numerous posters and stewards can back me up on that aswell.I'm not having a go at ya but i don't think anything drastic will be done about it whereas yee go ape **** over language,flares etc and i think intimatdation and fighting at your own ground is far worse.

gufct
06/11/2006, 9:39 AM
Well we had four stewards in Section A and the only trouble reported was outside when they all made a burst out to see 2 lads fighting outside the waterworks.We refused to let those who went out back in and we cant start firing out anyone until we have proof of them misbehaving so if you see any one stepping out of line just point them out to me or anyone of the stewards.

Tir Oilean
06/11/2006, 10:29 AM
were it not for the incompetence of Padraig Sutton and his team of Officials who have cost us at least 4 points this season with biased decisions.

And then he was linesman at Mervue yesterday with the nearside linesman being ref:eek: Showers of tossers. Lims were denied a clearcut peno in the second half as well! I don't really understand how people can say the fact that we drew had nothing to do with the ref (in a way) because we had a clear cut goal disallowed and a clear penalty (red card required too) turned down and in my book thats a three one scoreline no quibbles. You could say that Kildare had a twelfth man last Fri too and only for him would have lost again.:mad:

corbyeire
06/11/2006, 11:37 AM
all said and considered tir oilean - the team performance was not good enough - we should beating kildare at this stage - with so much to play for - nevermind badluck/decisions

there was very little desire from some of the players

GUISAUltra
06/11/2006, 1:22 PM
Well we had four stewards in Section A and the only trouble reported was outside when they all made a burst out to see 2 lads fighting outside the waterworks.We refused to let those who went out back in and we cant start firing out anyone until we have proof of them misbehaving so if you see any one stepping out of line just point them out to me or anyone of the stewards.

its all well and good for ye though gufct, ye're always down at the pitch. we stand there in section a and chant and have a bit of craic and usually all we would have to worry about is what the players do on the pitch but now we have little knackers who have robbed fans before and will rob fans again standing behind us. the last night they were just standing constantly looking for someone to leave something down so they could rob it or else they were gonna start fighting.

the club are complaining about sponsors not wanting to come back because of bad language but can you honestly say that the sponsors would prefer to be in fear of being robbed or watch a load of drunken kids arguing. i dont think so and this problem has to be sorted out

Tir Oilean
06/11/2006, 2:26 PM
all said and considered tir oilean - the team performance was not good enough - we should beating kildare at this stage - with so much to play for - nevermind badluck/decisions

there was very little desire from some of the players

Ya, maybe i didnt put my point accross properly! we deserved a 3-1 win as we clearly were denied on 2 occasions. I don't think many would have given a **** about performances had the ref not made a tit of himself! Yes there were poor performances around the park but we still deserved a win no matter how you look at it!