PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy's Future

pete
09/10/2002, 9:40 AM
yesy or no.......

Éanna
09/10/2002, 9:46 AM
I´d say he´ll walk. Probably the best solution for everyone concerned.

Wizzard
09/10/2002, 9:55 AM
Please God, yes.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 10:21 AM
Definitely. Best thing for the team/squad, best thing for the fans, goodbye f***in riddance to Mr. Incompetence AND a hearty welcome back to the REAL Captain Fantastic Roy Keane.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Gary
10/10/2002, 12:22 PM
Why is Roy so fantastic?

Alot of people seem to forget that Mick left Roy out of Quinns testimonial because Roy didnt want to play. Who wouldnt want to play for their country? If Roy was so fantastic he would have led us out in japan and aired his very real grievances after the world Cup. Then maybe people would respect him.

bitored
10/10/2002, 1:11 PM
Here here !!

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Why is Roy so fantastic?

Simply put, because without him there'd have been NO World Cup, no glorious day against the Dutch at Landsdowne Road. There'd have been n0o team in Japan to score a wonder goal against Cameroon, equalise in injury-time against Germany, destroy Saudi Arabia or so nearly defeat the hotly fancied Spaniards.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
10/10/2002, 3:18 PM
At any football level no player is bigger than the club/country. Its a team sport.

Éanna
10/10/2002, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by pete
At any football level no player is bigger than the club/country. Its a team sport.
thats the one thing everyone has forgotten. good point

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by pete

Did I say that he was? No. All I'm saying is that Roy made a huge contribution and even did more than his fair share to get us there. And, it would be nice if more people acknowledged that, which I hope will be the case when the dust settles on this whole sordid affair.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
10/10/2002, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
All I'm saying is that Roy made a huge contribution and even did more than his fair share to get us there.
and more than his fair share to make sure we took the first flight home

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

and more than his fair share to make sure we took the first flight home

Oh sorry. I thought that Ireland reached the 2nd round of the World Cup which would indicate that half the participating teams went home before we did.
Strange comment from someone who said we were only a kick or two away from making the quarter-finals.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Boom
11/10/2002, 1:20 AM
Shed End John - I've never seen so much rubbish in all my life! but it's only expected from a Keane-ite.

why don't ya go off to the Motherland which Roy loves so well...