PDA

View Full Version : Questions about replay

avvenalaf
30/10/2006, 1:02 PM
1. Why, if the final is not until Dec 3, does the replay have to be two nights after an exhausting first game and in a city which has the biggest social event of it's year the same night?.
2 Why does the game have to be held at a time when most of the boarders will be being told to go to bed by Mammy?.
3 Is Ciaran Martyn suspended for the replay?
4 Was Flash carrying an injury on Sunday?
5 Am I the only one who thought Derry were running out of steam at the end and that we were coning back into it?
6 Will Seanie have Foyzer on the pitch to take the winning penalty in the shoot out?

The Stars
30/10/2006, 1:21 PM
Derry will be absolutly nackered after all the matches they have played and then being given just 1 day to rest before the replay.
Martyn is suspended? brilliant news for us,although he wasnt great yesterday.

DonalE
30/10/2006, 1:25 PM
Dunno whats up with Flash,hasnt been himself the past few games.

sligobhoy67
30/10/2006, 1:31 PM
Dunno whats up with Flash,hasnt been himself the past few games.

If the game on Sunday was the first time you saw Flash, which I am sure is the case with many, then I am sure you wont have thought much of him!

Anyway are rte.ie doing another live stream for the reply?

DonalE
30/10/2006, 1:37 PM
I've seen every game since we played Cork in Turners Cross earlier this season. . .

Fivesilver
30/10/2006, 3:00 PM
5 Am I the only one who thought Derry were running out of steam at the end and that we were coning back into it?

No you're not. I thought after weathering the siege we actually got right back in it in the last 10 minutes.

Flash isn't injured, but he's not 100%. He's having "issues" (I'll leave it at that) at the moment. Could happen to anyone. Lads, on Tuesday night, please give the lad a major show of support - the last thing he needs at the moment is abuse. We all know from what we've seen of him this season that on his day there isn't a more dangerous forward in the league. Hopefully the lad'll get his groove back in the Brandywell. Do everything ye can to help him out. Don't forget the meaning of the word 'supporter'.

mypost
30/10/2006, 6:42 PM
Why does the game have to be held at a time when most of the boarders will be being told to go to bed by Mammy?

So that everybody who wants to go to the game, can go. :)

Red&White Rover
30/10/2006, 7:32 PM
No you're not. I thought after weathering the siege we actually got right back in it in the last 10 minutes.

Flash isn't injured, but he's not 100%. He's having "issues" (I'll leave it at that) at the moment. Could happen to anyone. Lads, on Tuesday night, please give the lad a major show of support - the last thing he needs at the moment is abuse. We all know from what we've seen of him this season that on his day there isn't a more dangerous forward in the league. Hopefully the lad'll get his groove back in the Brandywell. Do everything ye can to help him out. Don't forget the meaning of the word 'supporter'.

then that begs the question, if he's having issues why are players like Choice on the bench?

SligoBrewer
30/10/2006, 7:47 PM
im ****ed off its on HALLOWEEN NIGHT AT 9'O CLOCK in DERRY!

are the fai mad! :rolleyes: actually on 2nd thoughts :rolleyes:

Fivesilver
30/10/2006, 8:39 PM
then that begs the question, if he's having issues why are players like Choice on the bench?

I'm mystified too by the whole Aisien situation. The few minutes of football I've seen him play, he looked like he had a good first touch (impossible to tell what he's really like), and he's definitely very big and strong. Connor's attitude to using subs overall is a bit weird, but I don't want to second-guess the bloke who has us in the best shape in a decade.

But if, as seems to be the case, Sean's determined not to use Choice, then when Flash is on the pitch, get behind him 100%. We know he can do it. Any fans of other teams I've talked to are terrified of him - even a couple of Derry lads I was talking to Sunday evening said they were worried that any minute he was going to get a bit of space and bury them.

DonalE
30/10/2006, 8:42 PM
He's right guys,we've really gotta get behind Daz tomorrow night,could be the difference between the teams if he gets going and scores

roversforever
30/10/2006, 10:15 PM
am i missing something here??i didn't think he played badly at all last night.it just wasn't his night but he didn't really have any clear cut chances.he can't expect him to do something brilliant in every game.i have to say i thought he worked quite hard yesterday,he covered a lot of ground and done his bit so give him a break.best player we've had all season.

Fivesilver
31/10/2006, 7:54 AM
I thought he was one of our better players as well. By the standard he set himself earlier in the season, his first touch is a bit off at the moment, but you're right, he did work hard. He just needs a bit of luck.

1Davy
31/10/2006, 11:09 AM
1. Why, if the final is not until Dec 3, does the replay have to be two nights after an exhausting first game and in a city which has the biggest social event of it's year the same night?.
2 Why does the game have to be held at a time when most of the boarders will be being told to go to bed by Mammy?.
3 Is Ciaran Martyn suspended for the replay?
6 Will Seanie have Foyzer on the pitch to take the winning penalty in the shoot out?

Good one.

Derry will be absolutly nackered after all the matches they have played and then being given just 1 day to rest before the replay.
Martyn is suspended? brilliant news for us,although he wasnt great yesterday.

2 points.

No 1, You're right, we'll be absolutely knackered, and i expect you will run us off the pitch.

No 2 You're wrong, Martyn is not suspended.

1Davy
01/11/2006, 9:55 AM
Seriously now...........

Am I the only one who thought Derry were running out of steam at the end and that you were coming back into it?:D

The Stars
01/11/2006, 10:12 AM
ya they were running out of steam...another 3 hours and we would have scored...well maybe not

avvenalaf
01/11/2006, 12:08 PM
I did ask if I was the only one who thought that !!!!!!!!!!!

Da Real Rover
01/11/2006, 1:52 PM
if only the players had the energy of patterson, class.