PDA

View Full Version : Infamous Players at your club

Pages : [1] 2

JC_GUFC
30/10/2006, 12:44 AM
Just saw a comment on another thread by a Bohs fan about Jimmy Agrey and it got me thinking about legendary bad "imported" players at clubs.

At United we've had the silky skills of Llewellyn Riley the Barbados captain who was 4 months late joining us. Played 60 minutes in the ****ing rain in Cork, decided he was homesick and went back to Barbados!

Ryan Lucas another Barbados international is a cult hero, he joined with Eric Lavine and Luther Watson. Lucas played about 60 games and scored 10 goals or so but is a legend for his misses!

We've had a Russian 34 year old called Vladimir Antanamov who played 1 game in Kilkenny a few seasons back, allegedly towards the end of last season he was at the gates of Terryland trying to get in for free by saying "I Vlad, I player"

The Stars
30/10/2006, 8:38 AM
we have had our fair share of them aswell in the showgrounds.
Falcon Rose played about 7-8 years ago,was a great player but one day just up sticks and left without telling anyone.
Darren Jack(sorry to Rovers fans but had to mention him)
When he singed,then manager Don O'Riordon built him up to be the best player ever......when he played....he wasnt so good.

osarusan
30/10/2006, 8:49 AM
Kenny Clemence.

Hired as Limerick manager, moved his family over here and got a house and all that (it I remember correctly), then found out he couldnt manage for cr@p.

(not strictly a player I know)

Paddyfield
30/10/2006, 9:00 AM
Pa "Super Pa" Dunne. Clumsy centre forward from Tuam who couldn't pass or tackle. He was with Galway United for a few years in the late 1980's but rarely started. He looked like a headless chicken when he ran even though he rarely ran.

But by heck, he scored some spectaculr goals which gave him a cult status. Rumour has it that the new stand in Terryland is to be called the Patrick Dunne Stand. :rolleyes:

Longfordian
30/10/2006, 1:45 PM
Sinisa Savic. Famous for his personalised website www.sinisavic.com. Spent one game in Tolka snogging his bird in the stand all game and not watching the match apparently. By the end of his stay he was on the bench for the Under 21s. Asked the club photographer if he could photoshop some crowds into his action photos for his website, the pictures having been taken at under 21 games! Other allegations about his behaviour in Barnsley while there are far too libellous to mention.

Pauro 76
30/10/2006, 2:11 PM
Sinisa Savic. Famous for his personalised website www.sinisavic.com. Spent one game in Tolka snogging his bird in the stand all game and not watching the match apparently. By the end of his stay he was on the bench for the Under 21s. Asked the club photographer if he could photoshop some crowds into his action photos for his website, the pictures having been taken at under 21 games! Other allegations about his behaviour in Barnsley while there are far too libellous to mention.

Never knew that....his website aint working. where is he now? have to laugh at that request to the club photographer! :)

sligobhoy67
30/10/2006, 2:18 PM
we have had our fair share of them aswell in the showgrounds.
Falcon Rose played about 7-8 years ago,was a great player but one day just up sticks and left without telling anyone.
Darren Jack(sorry to Rovers fans but had to mention him)
When he singed,then manager Don O'Riordon built him up to be the best player ever......when he played....he wasnt so good.

Jan Ver Mullehan - the Dutch Drago - looked great - couldnt play

Ross Jack!

Longfordian
30/10/2006, 2:19 PM
He's playing in Bosnia as far as I know. The website was working when I checked it recently!

Dr.Nightdub
30/10/2006, 3:55 PM
If you wanna plumb the depths of infamy in its widest sense - former Pats player Derek Dunne was shot dead in Amsterdam a few years back, in a drugs-relating killing.

BohsPartisan
30/10/2006, 4:00 PM
Tony Hopper, never has another player made me scream so loud so often.

Anto McC
30/10/2006, 4:02 PM
Neil Trebble and Junkie Molloy.

Red&White Rover
30/10/2006, 7:37 PM
i wouldnt say he was legendary but Paul Brown for Rovers has got to rank up there for bad signings...last season, spending 10k euro on the striker from Limavady, he played 18 times for us and hit the net once.

Aaron
30/10/2006, 8:02 PM
Jamie Hughes!! He was barf!! Looked like beckham, cudnt play for ****e!!

sligoman
30/10/2006, 8:09 PM
Looked like beckham, cudnt play for ****e!!So he even played like Beckham too then?:eek: :D.

Dyl10
30/10/2006, 8:16 PM
He doesnt play for my club but i think the ultimate import had to be Juan Sara for Shells 3 years ago!

Aaron
30/10/2006, 9:50 PM
So he even played like Beckham too then?

Yep plays like beckham too then!!:D

Shedzer
30/10/2006, 9:58 PM
Choice Asian may join this list......

Raheny Red
31/10/2006, 12:25 AM
Neil Trebble and Junkie Molloy.

Not forgetting Nesovic (sp??)

Burny89
31/10/2006, 12:34 AM
John Barnes, ahhhhhhhhhhhh i mean Luther Blisset :eek:

The Stars
31/10/2006, 7:59 AM
Choice Asian may join this list......

well considering Choice is good and has helped us this season with his excellent performance against Drogheda......he shouldnt be on it.
Choice may surprise a few people tonight if he gets a run.

Da Real Rover
31/10/2006, 9:11 AM
its gota be darren jack for us, you havnt seen a donkey till you have seen this lad 'try' to play.

Mr A
31/10/2006, 2:50 PM
Alex Nesovic is up there for Harps- good player but a total ****head who was sacked after a few months. He then went on to get kicked out of nearly every club in the league!

I remember some lad (I think his name was Kevin Doherty) who was meant to be a s**t-hot ex Celtic player and was subbed after 19 minutes and literlly told to f*** off.

Jason Lydiate (aka Jason L'Idiot) played with David Beckham in various youth teams, but for us the only thing he did was score a cracking volley from 30 yards. Wrong end though.

There's plenty more as well!

Partizan
31/10/2006, 3:44 PM
Several players spring to mind for Waterford.

Luigi Fulloni: (a bit before my time) Argentine chap, signed in the aftermath of the '78 World Cup. Older folks say that before a league game, he was on the pitch impressing the crowd with his skills, however as soon as the game got going, headless chicken springs to mind.

Tiao: always remember this one. Brazillian chap signed during the 1984-85 season. I cant remember much from around this time but THAT free kick is still talked about down Suir side.

Duncan Burns: Drunken Burns more like.

Mitchell Ryan: Has to be the worst keeper ever to play for Waterford. Just ask Wayside Celtic. Trained in Club LA every Thursday to Sunday.

Haakon Johansson, Norwegian signed at the start of Tommy Lynch's reign. Looked **** hot. Scored two cracking goals on his debut against St. Francis. Following week, upped sticks and left.

Trond Debes: Another Norwegian. Played for two seasons. Absolute rubbish. Couldnt score on the pitch to save his life but off........ well thats another story. :D

Donal 'Donuts' Golden: scored in that famous 1-0 win against Rovers in the Cup in '97 but that was about it for Donal.

Jared Sterling: one of the many blanks bought during the Sheephead era along with luminaries Tim McGrath, Jason Kabia and Lee Doherty.

Gary O'Neill: One of Jimmy McGeough's gems. One of the hottest young prospects when he came to us in 2003. Left after 7 games in very mysterious circumstances. Rumour had it that he had some unsavoury 'friends' to get away from.

Paul Ometeso: Couldnt get his game for Carlow IT yet Magic Mike signed him. :rolleyes:

Paddyfield
31/10/2006, 4:03 PM
Several players spring to mind for Waterford.

What about Jose Quintongo? He threw a lot of shapes for the Blues but he left quietly in the end.

gustavo
31/10/2006, 4:18 PM
Daniel Moreno :eek:

sfc red
31/10/2006, 6:29 PM
Paul "The Beast" Beavers
Henry McKop
Juan Sara

Magicme
31/10/2006, 6:47 PM
Yestas Maradasis......started off as the great new imported talent for us last season....but his missus wouldnt let him go to games coz he had to go fishing instead....

Paddyfield
31/10/2006, 8:04 PM
Mike Small (Sligo Rovers). He was the best man at a wedding in UK and asked the Club to switch a game from Saturday to Friday so that he could play the game and then go to the wedding.

And that's exactly what happened.

Neish
01/11/2006, 8:41 AM
Alex Nesovic is up there for Harps- good player but a total ****head who was sacked after a few months. He then went on to get kicked out of nearly every club in the league!

I remember some lad (I think his name was Kevin Doherty) who was meant to be a s**t-hot ex Celtic player and was subbed after 19 minutes and literlly told to f*** off.

Jason Lydiate (aka Jason L'Idiot) played with David Beckham in various youth teams, but for us the only thing he did was score a cracking volley from 30 yards. Wrong end though.

There's plenty more as well!

Don't forget the Dutch twins :o

The Stars
01/11/2006, 11:02 AM
Mike Small (Sligo Rovers). He was the best man at a wedding in UK and asked the Club to switch a game from Saturday to Friday so that he could play the game and then go to the wedding.

And that's exactly what happened.

good man Smalls....Mick the Black was his name back in the day,LEGEND!!!

Lim till i die
01/11/2006, 11:18 AM
Colin P O'Brien - Useless, Lazy, Talented Waster

Jamie Nolan - Useless Lazy, Talentless Waster who was almost lynched after giving the Shed the finger

Paddy Doyle - Tried his heart out, had the rather unfortunate handicap of being crap. After leaving Limerick came down next season and got the winner for St.Francis, people actually fainted

Stephane Jauny - Bald French chap who I'm convinced Mike Kerley found rummaging through his bins. Ran himself almost to death up and down the touchline even when the ball was on the other side of the pitch

stann
01/11/2006, 12:31 PM
Haakon Johansson, Norwegian signed at the start of Tommy Lynch's reign. Looked **** hot. Scored two cracking goals on his debut against St. Francis. Following week, upped sticks and left.

Bit harsh on Haakon, Partizan, he was there for a bit longer than that, and scored again. I think he played 7 games, the last being the same game as Debes' debut.

But my vote for the Blues' worst player you did mention, Jason Kabia. The most useless f*cker ever to pull on a shirt! For anyone!

NY Hoop
01/11/2006, 1:56 PM
Stephane Jauny - Bald French chap who I'm convinced Mike Kerley found rummaging through his bins. Ran himself almost to death up and down the touchline even when the ball was on the other side of the pitch

:D :D LOL!!

Let's hope this looper is playing friday then!

At Rovers we've had too many infamous **** players to list. Oh ok: Keith Doyle, Gareth Kelly, Andy Moore, Willo McDonagh, Gavin McDonnell, Stephen Gough, Paul Caffrey etc etc etc. **** beyond comprehension.

KOH

Calcio Jack
01/11/2006, 2:48 PM
:D :D LOL!!

Let's hope this looper is playing friday then!

At Rovers we've had too many infamous **** players to list. Oh ok: Keith Doyle, Gareth Kelly, Andy Moore, Willo McDonagh, Gavin McDonnell, Stephen Gough, Paul Caffrey etc etc etc. **** beyond comprehension.

KOH

And of course that bucket of crap.... Roddy Collins

The Stars
01/11/2006, 6:22 PM
And of course that bucket of crap.... Roddy Collins

dont talk so badly about our new boss please:eek:

BobtheDrog
02/11/2006, 11:47 AM
Four names come to mind

Ray Wallace older, fatter, slower less talented brother of former leeds striker Rod

Two lads we signed from cardiff on loan at the same time one of whom is now banned from attending football matches anywhere in the UK think it was Dai Thomas but cant be sure.

But number one on the all time list is Dave Smith 100's of appearances for english clubs at championship level about 4 for the drogs the best of which was pure and utter muck

Rovers1
02/11/2006, 12:44 PM
Luther Watson

a ledgend if there ever was one!! not so good at the aul football though :(

i still say that Derek O'Brien is the worst player ive ever seen play for us...dunno how he gets way with it at Terryland!

Mental Man
02/11/2006, 12:47 PM
Alan Reynolds !!!!

Lim till i die
02/11/2006, 1:22 PM
i still say that Derek O'Brien is the worst player ive ever seen play for us...dunno how he gets way with it at Terryland!

He plays alongside Ciaran Foley ;) :eek:

Shedzer
02/11/2006, 1:27 PM
is there any link on the net that gives the transfer history for Sligo Rovers in the Don O' Riodarn era?? He brought in about 50 players and 60 of them were ****e.... I need to refresh the memory with all them names....

Rovers1
02/11/2006, 1:31 PM
He plays alongside Ciaran Foley ;) :eek:

i miss that guy ...[sob sob] :(

Rovers1
02/11/2006, 1:32 PM
is there any link on the net that gives the transfer history for Sligo Rovers in the Don O' Riodarn era?? He brought in about 50 players and 60 of them were ****e.... I need to refresh the memory with all them names....

the internet wouldnt be able to hold the amount of sh!te taht pr!ck brought to our mighty (:D ) club! :mad:

The Ball Boy
03/11/2006, 9:55 AM
I remember Harps signed a central midfielder from Peterborough the night before a NW Derby in the Brandywell about 9/10 years ago, Mick Halsall (think he's coaching at Luton our somewhere). The pitch was covered in snow, Sean Hargan was playing up front for City think he scored 2 that night, we were beat about 3-0. Possible the worst player ever, lasted 20mins and was taken off!

Another was Johnny Masagella (excuse the spelling), only played a few games but scored something like 5 in 3 games (2 were penalties though). He couldn't stick the cold weather and left!

harpskid
03/11/2006, 2:41 PM
And then there was Lubos Janato at Harps back in the 70's.

He was a Czech centre forward who had run away from his native country to avoid doing National Service. He was signed up by Patsy McGowan and made his debut v Sligo Rovers.

One time himself and a Czech friend of his headed off on a fishing trip and when they didn't return, a search party headed off to see if they could come on them.

Turns out they had gone off to visit someone on an island off Donegal and suspected that no-one would miss them and Patsy found them in the house they had been renting cooking a rabbit and drinking wine when they returned the next day.

Martinho II
04/11/2006, 3:12 PM
avery john. the man has gone down with town fans as goin to south africa to sign with a south african club when he was supposed to visit his sick mother in the carribean.:o
he also had the cheek to invoice the club for some football wear( longfordian can you clarify on this?)

eric lavine -legend with the town faithful but the downside is near the end is that he left his scoring boots in the longford nite clubs. the day he left da town was a sad day for all longford females!

RonnieB
04/11/2006, 3:20 PM
good old eric, you like to boogey boogey?

tallaghtfornia
04/11/2006, 5:26 PM
samir boogeyman and luke dimesch at rovers.

boogeyman looked very good then he was gone, dimesch ran and ran with the ball, think he with mansfield now

sligoman
04/11/2006, 6:00 PM
Bryan Tosh.

bennocelt
04/11/2006, 6:28 PM
eric lavine -legend with the town faithful but the downside is near the end is that he left his scoring boots in the longford nite clubs. the day he left da town was a sad day for all longford females!

yeah saw him a few times, not at football match, but in the nightclubs, but he was a cool guy, not bigheaded or anything

Red&White Rover
04/11/2006, 9:04 PM
Bryan Tosh.

but a legend none the less.;)