PDA

View Full Version : Alan Lee

carloz
29/10/2006, 5:08 PM
Hat trick today for ipswich and play particularly well for him. Robbie Keane has no Premiership goals this season. Surely Lee deserves a chance at international level at this stage. All he has had is 5 minute run outs really. He is particularly good in the air and i feel would work weel with Doyle or Keane

Fergie's Son
30/10/2006, 2:12 AM
Well I think he is doing enough to get in the squad. He's been on the bench recently. I don't rate him that highly to be honest but he is definitely worth throwing on for 20 minutes each match. He could have a field day against San Marino though.

dr_peepee
30/10/2006, 6:47 AM
Offers something different than the Eliotts or Connollys at the very least. Might be worth a punt coming off the bench against San Marino, or even Cyprus if we have to resort to cruder tactics to break them down. Wouldn't be dropping anyone for him though.

OwlsFan
30/10/2006, 7:35 AM
One swallow and all that. Having seen the game, I'd sooner have Billy Clarke in ahead of him. Lee is awkward and doesn't have much pace and the Luton defence was brutal. Still I agree he would be a better option than the scamperers Elliott and Connolly as he is at least scoring goals.

zinedineontour
30/10/2006, 11:09 AM
One swallow and all that. Having seen the game, I'd sooner have Billy Clarke in ahead of him. Lee is awkward and doesn't have much pace and the Luton defence was brutal. Still I agree he would be a better option than the scamperers Elliott and Connolly as he is at least scoring goals.

thought Lee had a cracking game held the ball up very well and unlike billy clarke took the right options during the game. Clarke looks a great prospect but the u21s would be a better option for him at the mo. Lee is looking better than ive seen him before and would be a good option to play against san marino..

cavan_fan
30/10/2006, 12:02 PM
We have to have a target man option in our squad, esp as Duff's crossing is looking very good.

At the moment Lee looks our best option, but if only Richard Sadlier hadnt got injured!