PDA

View Full Version : Replay Tuesday at 9pm

Rory H
29/10/2006, 5:01 PM
some halloween display on tuesday night in derry so its at 9pm....bit ridiculous to have a game that time

DonalE
29/10/2006, 5:46 PM
It'l like La Liga playing at tht hour! Bus???

sligoman
29/10/2006, 5:47 PM
Bus???http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=44989

Shedzer
29/10/2006, 5:52 PM
its **** playing at that hour!

red bellied
29/10/2006, 9:53 PM
I dont mind but the muppets that are the FAI let Derry stage the game at 21.00 hours is beyond me.

mypost
30/10/2006, 1:10 AM
I'd be doing cartwheels if our games started at that time. :)

Now, yous will be able to bring a decent support up there, whereas it would have been more difficult to do so without upsetting school/work commitments, playing at the normal time. So there will be no excuse if it isn't a sell-out. Hopefully, it will be popular, and won't be a one-off.

We're playing away on Tuesday night also, but most of our fans can't go to it, because of the 7.30ko. :mad:

sligoman
30/10/2006, 1:15 AM
I'd be doing cartwheels if our games started at that time. :)

Now, yous will be able to bring a decent support up there, whereas it would have been more difficult to do so without upsetting school/work commitments, playing at the normal time. So there will be no excuse if it isn't a sell-out. Hopefully, it will be popular, and won't be a one-off.

We're playing away on Tuesday night also, but most of our fans can't go to it, because of the 7.30ko. :mad:What a stupid post! Unsurprisingly from you though I suppose.

"No excuse if it isn't a sell-out":rolleyes:.

Da Real Rover
30/10/2006, 8:31 AM
it doesnt matter wat time it is on at for me, cause we are still in the cup, so who givs a fuk if its late cause we're all off to the randy branywell.

dcfc_1928
30/10/2006, 9:06 AM
I'd say the clubs and FAI had to bow to pressure from the police.

Halloween night is HUGE in Derry, and with the main fireworks display due at 8pm that night - and with thousands of extra people due into the city because of the Carnival - it could only have been pushed back.

Sligo supporters travelling to the game, should try and avoid coming into Derry via Strabane.

Try and come in directly from Donegal : Stranorlar - Manorcunningham - Newtowncunningham - Killea - Brandywell

dcfc_1928
30/10/2006, 10:26 AM
From Dublin - cut off at Strabane and head via Lifford.

Head out towards Letterkenny from Lifford, but turn off that road after about 2 miles (turn right onto R236) towards St Johnston.

Then its through Carrigans and into Derry that way - will take you into Derry right at the Brandywell.

Its a bad oul' road - so maybe not that suitable for a bus.

If on a bus - head through Lifford and on towards Letterkenny - then take the main Letterkenny to Derry road (N13) through Manorcunningham, as above.

Probably adds about 10 miles to the journey, but much better road

avvenalaf
30/10/2006, 10:57 AM
What was the message, Lofty? A brown sliced and a packet of ciggies?

lofty9
30/10/2006, 1:33 PM
Nothing that exciting. Instructions from Lifford to the Brandywell. DCFC_1928 posted before me just.

Listen Lads, get up to Derry as early as you can, take the day off school, work or the dole and enjoy yourself. Dress up for the occaision too - it'll be mighty craic. I really hope you bring a load of people up because it will be a mental night!