PDA

View Full Version : Sligo 0-0 Derry

sligobhoy67
29/10/2006, 4:11 PM
Fair play to RTE - I watched the live stream and it was a great production.

Chances in the reply??

sligobhoy67
29/10/2006, 5:43 PM
I'll kick it off. I thought O'Grady showed exactlly what Flash didnt heart and determination!

Shedzer
29/10/2006, 5:50 PM
My player ratings

1. O'Hara - 8

2. Peers - 8
4. McNamara - 8
5. Burns - 7
14. Turner - 9

8. Faz - 9+ (Man of the Match)
6. O'Grady - 8
7. Hughes - 7
18. Singh - 6or7

10. McTiernan - 8
12. Mansaram - 7

Played ok, we are very limited...Taught Faz and Turner had great games, followed by Peers and O'Grady...
Faz's best performance i think in a Rover shirt...

sligoman
29/10/2006, 5:55 PM
I think everyone gave 100% apart from Mansaram. He was very poor tonight and is well capable of better!

Despite playing very well tonight...I think we are as good as out of the cup:(.

The Stars
29/10/2006, 6:00 PM
ya cant see us getting a win in the brandywell,but sure we'll head up for the laugh.
The main Stand was as dead as ever,shed got going in the second half.

Rovers1
29/10/2006, 6:21 PM
we'll hammer them in brandywell.... :D

no i cant see us beating them either,but sure whats the cup for??
everyone played well except darren...didnt seem interested at all,turned his back to most set pieces

1 9 2 8
29/10/2006, 6:28 PM
John O'Hara was man of the match IMO he kept us in the game some great saves

sligobhoy67
29/10/2006, 7:02 PM
John O'Hara was man of the match IMO he kept us in the game some great saves

he got MOTM from RTE - but I thougth Conor was

gustavo
29/10/2006, 7:22 PM
Thought Barry Molloy was great for them too ,Thought Burnsy was immense same for Michael McNamara and most of the team Harpal wasnt great at all
Fair play to the guy who asked the people in the main stand to wake up at half time. 3 middle aged ******* beside me criticized him ,they were silent for most of the game hope they enjoyed their annual trip to the Showgrounds

The Stars
29/10/2006, 7:28 PM
who was that gus?the guy who told them to wake up?
what part of the stand was he in and what did he look like?

sligoman
29/10/2006, 7:52 PM
He actually did get them going with a chant of Rovers too, fair play to him!

DonalE
29/10/2006, 8:04 PM
Tried long and hard to get people going in the new stand,along with The Stars and Wild Rover and a few more but they were adament to keep quiet. . . shame really.

Terry
29/10/2006, 8:46 PM
Well done rovers, everybody played fantastically well but I though the goalkeeping performance of O'Hara of unbelievably brilliant and totally deservant of the MOTM. Best of luck on tuesday.

Da Real Rover
30/10/2006, 8:39 AM
O'Hara was immense, some world class saves in that game, specially the pat mc court save and the save from huttons (i think it was him) header near the post. for me he was without doubt man of the match.
Faz did have one of his best games this season but he wasted such a chance in the second half.
All round the team wer good but i felt that conor was a bit dodgy for a while, singh was dead during the game and i thought mansaram was desperate. the worst performer for me. he was more of a hinderence than anything else when going forward. i felt he had a very poor game.

Donegalred
30/10/2006, 9:32 AM
Faz was immense...interesting what a few TV cameras in the crowd will do for a player. Man of the match IMO and he did make a fool of mccourt in the far corner first half when he megged him. Thought singh was one of the better lads too. Did a lot of good defensive work. Gave Mc Glynn an awful time. Turner is a super footballer and another super performance. Peers and O Hara were very solid and O'Hara probably deserved the MOM. How brutal is our support though...

Red&White Rover
30/10/2006, 10:18 AM
Faz was immense...interesting what a few TV cameras in the crowd will do for a player. Man of the match IMO and he did make a fool of mccourt in the far corner first half when he megged him. Thought singh was one of the better lads too. Did a lot of good defensive work. Gave Mc Glynn an awful time. Turner is a super footballer and another super performance. Peers and O Hara were very solid and O'Hara probably deserved the MOM. How brutal is our support though...
in fairness what hope did we have with maybe 350 singing against 2000 Derry fans...we tried our best, and the lads that went up to the main stand must be credited for trying to get them going up there...

gustavo
30/10/2006, 10:21 AM
I think he is referring to the majority that dont sing rather than the minority that do.

DonalE
30/10/2006, 11:02 AM
If we go to Derry and have only a small amount of people singing the players wont even hear us. If you think the Derry supporters were good yesterday in The Showgrounds wait til you hear them in The Brandywell!

Shedzer
30/10/2006, 1:40 PM
If we go to Derry and have only a small amount of people singing the players wont even hear us. If you think the Derry supporters were good yesterday in The Showgrounds wait til you hear them in The Brandywell!

exactly...been there twice this year already..like ****in been in a Spanish ground or something

Da Real Rover
30/10/2006, 1:44 PM
all we can do is sing our hearts out, if the majority dont want to do that well there is nothing we can do to change it. after sunday my voice was gone, and its gona be the same after tuesday.

Rory H
30/10/2006, 2:34 PM
support was a bit of a joke yesterday but 2moro im confident we will outsing them

because when we sing stand up for the bit o red they will stand up this time and they will sing.....well i hope so anyway!

Fivesilver
30/10/2006, 2:47 PM
Fair play to the guy who asked the people in the main stand to wake up at half time. 3 middle aged ******* beside me criticized him

:D I felt like a bit of an eejit at the time, but at least got them going for about 15 seconds. I would have spent the whole second half on their case except I missed getting a stand seat after spending too long trying to persuade people to leave Mooney's in time.

I still think, though, that the tiny success I had there proves that if you had four or five shameless buggers rousing them, you could put some life in that stand. We all love to complain about how dead it is, but why aren't we doing anything to change that?

Rory H
30/10/2006, 2:52 PM
I still think, though, that the tiny success I had there proves that if you had four or five shameless buggers rousing them, you could put some life in that stand. We all love to complain about how dead it is, but why aren't we doing anything to change that?

we did

look

http://www.sangriastudios.com/~rovers/images/stories/gallery/userpics/10001/normal_FAICSemi_Red_Army.jpg

my badhron couldnt get them so as legendary as your attempt was it was never going to woek

the 12 or so of us at the back sang for the whole of the 1st half and they stood up once...

red arrow
30/10/2006, 3:27 PM
the game is over now . all week i have being preaching to yee to get into the main stand early. but that obviously didnt materialise. i was there and fair play to the lad at the front who tried to awake rip van winkle land. in my line of work at he showgrounds before the game i noticed that most of the noisy lot arrived already when the stand was full and therefore had to go behind the goals at railway end. ipreached all week that an early arrival would occupy seats. its to late giving out now about the rip van winkle crowd yee had the chance and didnt take it. however we are still in the semi final (and the club has made a few bob). if we dont concede an early goal or give away sloppy goals we have a chance. i thought all the players did very well. ok we can give out about flash but he never got a break of the ball but still worked his socks off. the pitch at times does not lend itself to his style of play because it was very heavy. all he needs is one clear chance. also harpil never got a chance to do oune of his trademark free kicks. we will get chances tomorrow (as we dids in the 4 nil trouncing) if we take them and defend well we can win the game. see ya tomorrow nite

SligoBrewer
30/10/2006, 7:53 PM
i think we can do, i don't know why!?! But i really think we have a chance!

btw, dam that pole!:D

red metal
30/10/2006, 11:26 PM
I think they got tired in the last 10 min,s.They Derry! Have played a lot of games in the last few weeks.And on sunday i thought that showed!I think we should try and get Singh on the ball more in the brandywell!I think every one of the player were class on the day.But O hara,s 2 great save,s top class goalkeeping!

sligoman
03/11/2006, 8:45 PM
An alternative viewing point for this game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMxCxUyFUXA&mode=related&search=):D.