PDA

View Full Version : Irish Soccer Weekly

pete
08/10/2002, 11:41 AM
Anyone see that on tv3 last night?

I forgot it was on & only caught the last 2 minutes.

Even though i only really saw the fixtures for next week & promo thingie with tv3 people in club jerseys the enthuasism seemed so much greater than RTE.

Éanna
08/10/2002, 2:10 PM
Where theres a will theres a way. The enthusiasm is the key to it really- RTE lacked that totally.

Schumi
08/10/2002, 4:17 PM
I forgot too. I only saw Rico and Dolan's oscar winning acting at the end:)

Colm
08/10/2002, 7:24 PM
Yeah i saw it and it was quite good. Trev and Rico seemed to be enthusiastic and positive about the league and the overall coverage was, imo, a big improvment on what rte had been producing. A few small things like certain camera angles and sound quality could be improved a little but im sure that will come in time. Overall it was a good first outing for TV3.

btw, it was quite funny to hear the shed singing "who the fcuk are rte". It wasnt one of the louder chants on the night but it could be heard far better than any other chant during the highlights, i wonder was that deliberatley done be TV3?!:)

SÓC
08/10/2002, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by COLM

btw, it was quite funny to hear the shed singing "who the fcuk are rte". It wasnt one of the louder chants on the night but it could be heard far better than any other chant during the highlights, i wonder was that deliberatley done be TV3?!:)

Noticed that alright, quite funny never heard a football chant come across so clearly on TV:)

Overall I thought the show was very good, like Colm said there are little details that need to be worked out but they are doing a lot right like advertising it on their champions league program and they even had an ad for it on during the break in Coronation Street!!! They want to cover it.

Didn't Trevor look great in his City jersey, he put in a great free kick for that goal:)

Éanna
09/10/2002, 8:32 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Overall I thought the show was very good, like Colm said there are little details that need to be worked out but they are doing a lot right like advertising it on their champions league program and they even had an ad for it on during the break in Coronation Street!!! They want to cover it.
Difference between TV3 and RTE is enthusiasm. TV3 want to do it, RTE had to do it. Also, TV3 have to make it work, because Fianna Fail aren´t going to bale them out with taxpayers money if things start going badly.

pete
09/10/2002, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Difference between TV3 and RTE is enthusiasm. TV3 want to do it, RTE had to do it. Also, TV3 have to make it work, because Fianna Fail aren´t going to bale them out with taxpayers money if things start going badly.

Yup, tv3 will never have the finance RTE has but IMo they'd always do a better job if have access to the same resources.

I didn't get to see him in action but Ricos not a bad choice for the studio analyst. Maybe Rico will be the first eL football pundit?

Éanna
09/10/2002, 9:37 AM
Originally posted by pete
Maybe Rico will be the first eL football pundit?

or the new CCFC manager :D

eoinh
09/10/2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by COLM

if my memory is correct the shed only sing it twice during the entire match, yet I heard it 4 times on the highlights show!

NASTY BUT NICE