PDA

View Full Version : End of the road for Paul Byrne?

DmanDmythDledge
27/10/2006, 3:02 PM
Quote from Pete Mahon in the Mirror;

"We need a striker to play alongside young Conor Sammon. Should we get one then I think we'll make real collective progress next year."

BrayUnknowns
31/10/2006, 3:18 PM
Quote from Pete Mahon in the Mirror;

"We need a striker to play alongside young Conor Sammon. Should we get one then I think we'll make real collective progress next year."

Forgive my stupidness, but is Sammon the tall bloke who plays up front ?

DmanDmythDledge
31/10/2006, 3:19 PM
Forgive my stupidness, but is Sammon the tall bloke who plays up front ?
Yeah, bald as well.

BrayUnknowns
31/10/2006, 3:45 PM
Yeah, bald as well.

Cheers........ Good player

Johnson
02/11/2006, 3:02 PM
Paul Byrne is a good player and I have no doubt he will prove himself when he is fully fit next season.

DmanDmythDledge
02/11/2006, 3:10 PM
Paul Byrne is a good player and I have no doubt he will prove himself when he is fully fit next season.
I agree, but it would appear that Pete as other plans for next season.

One To Watch
02/11/2006, 5:49 PM
mahon's rant in the college tribune, looks also to be against paul byrne. he talks about darren forsyth and timmy purcell who are both in the 21's and who are both strikers. he is saying they will play part next season!!

CollegeTillIDie
02/11/2006, 10:22 PM
Well Paul Byrne is almost always injured these days. So maybe Pete is trying to motivate him to stop getting injured or something. We always promote from within when it comes to replacing players. He has been quoted on other threads as saying 2-3 experienced players are being considered as signings for next season, and has been pointed out elsewhere, players such as Derek Swan, and Brian Mooney in relatively recent years have made major contributions on the field to name two.

DmanDmythDledge
02/11/2006, 10:26 PM
So maybe Pete is trying to motivate him to stop getting injured or something.
:confused:

It's not like he choses to get injured.

Agree in that it could be an attempt to motivate him, but by warning him that he needs to perform to avoid being replaced.

pineapple stu
03/11/2006, 12:57 PM
So maybe Pete is trying to motivate him to stop getting injured or something.
Eh?!?!

One To Watch
03/11/2006, 2:06 PM
maybe he might release byrne? with brophy coming back and pete talking bout forsyth and purcell for next year

CollegeTillIDie
05/11/2006, 8:46 AM
maybe he might release byrne? with brophy coming back and pete talking bout forsyth and purcell for next year

Has Brophy done much for Kilkenny City? They are still bottom of the League!

One To Watch
06/11/2006, 9:56 PM
No brophy hasn't scored at all since going out on loan!! which is a pity

CollegeTillIDie
08/11/2006, 6:42 AM
No brophy hasn't scored at all since going out on loan!! which is a pity

Thus proving he is at heart a UCD striker:D !