PDA

View Full Version : Derry Fans

Ali-G
07/10/2002, 5:11 PM
Dont know if there was a thread about it yet, but fair play to all the Derry fans for making the long trip down on Friday. I think all of Cork will be shouting for Derry in the final.

cityblade
07/10/2002, 7:14 PM
Booked in for cup weekend last week. Supreme optomist me! Still going though , have to see the candystripes beat the rovers in their own back yard. Come to think of it they dont have abackyard!!!! Hope to see the exblade kelly score the winner!

Neil
07/10/2002, 11:49 PM
Photos from the semi final on derrycityfc.com...

here (http://www.derrycityfc.net/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album02&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=3)

razor
08/10/2002, 8:33 AM
Reading some of their match reports and the comments underneath all these pictures, they don't seem at all gracious in victory.

Here we are wishing them all the best and there they are taking the **** out of us.

I'll be shouting for them against the scum but still, their reaction is disappointing.

Éanna
08/10/2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by razor
Reading some of their match reports and the comments underneath all these pictures, they don't seem at all gracious in victory.
Wouldn´t read much into that.

MariborKev
08/10/2002, 10:25 AM
As the fella that wrote the match report and took the photos I would be interested to hear why we aren't gracious.

If you mean things such as "seven thousand and yous till won't sing" that refers to the crowd where we were sitting who were very negative towards your own team and after half an hour were slagging them off.

I look forward to welcoming all those who make the trip on Friday

pete
08/10/2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah atmosphere was poor for such a big game plus the St Annes 'prawn sandwich' End never sing.

;)

Originally posted by Maribor
I look forward to welcoming all those who make the trip on Friday

huh?

:confused:

MariborKev
08/10/2002, 11:36 AM
Yeah Pete- don't know what I was smoking when I said that- I mean Sunday obviously

Shelsman
08/10/2002, 1:06 PM
I was at the match myself and thought the Derry fans were excellent ( in fact when you think of how brutal the game was the Derry fans were the best entertainment at the match! ).

Shed End John
08/10/2002, 2:10 PM
Don't agree with all the ****-taking but, Derry winning the Cup has got to be better than Rovers doing it. After all, the Dublin clubs seem to have a monopoly on all the trophies(that are worth winning).

Murphy Out Now!!!

niamh
10/10/2002, 10:53 AM
I think Derry City will have most of the country's fans behind them including many Dublin fans. Who likes Rovers and is not one of their supporters? Not many, that's for sure.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by niamh
I think Derry City will have most of the country's fans behind them including many Dublin fans. Who likes Rovers and is not one of their supporters? Not many, that's for sure.

You said it. Rovers are such a pack of homeless moaners/bitchers/inbreds (delete as appropriate), it's no wonder they've got no friends.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Schumi
10/10/2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John

delete as appropriate
I don't think any deleting is appropriate there :) . Add scum as well though.

Gary
10/10/2002, 12:44 PM
I thought the Derry fans were excellent. I was about 10 rows back from them and they made so much noise. Thye really gave the game an athmosphere. Plus the fact that they had a drum added to it. They had a very repetitive chant going which they were singing for the whole second half while some fella was baytin away at the drum. Plus all the guys with the "City til I die" Shirts on looked good.

fair play to ye lads, if only more clubs had support like you lot, the league would be a better place.

Now go and beat the fnuck out of those hooped b*stards.

Éanna
10/10/2002, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by GWA
fair play to ye lads, if only more clubs had support like you lot, the league would be a better place.

Now go and beat the fnuck out of those hooped b*stards.

hear hear :D

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by Schumi

I don't think any deleting is appropriate there :) . Add scum as well though.

Agreed, no deleting is needed. Just put it in there for the laugh. Also, I apologize PROFUSELY for not labelling the homeless c**ts scum as well. :D

pete
10/10/2002, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by GWA
They had a very repetitive chant...

Sounds like those Derry fans alright.

;)