PDA

View Full Version : Fenlons bellyfull of Kenny

joeSoap
27/10/2006, 10:45 AM
Fenlon slams Kenny Unison.ie-Friday 28th October

Shels boss puts boot in as war of words gets nasty

THE war of words about the off the field drama that could overshadow this season's eircom League title race continued last night when Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon told Stephen Kenny, his opposite number at Derry, that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Fenlon was enraged by comments made by Kenny in the aftermath of the Candystripes' 2-0 win in Tuesday's top of the table clash.

The Derry manager said that it would be a scandal if their title rivals got three points back from next Wednesday's appeal into the decision of the league to simply deduct Bohemians three points for fielding the suspended Jason McGuinness in their 2-1 win over Shels in August.

Shels insist that they should get the three points from the game, citing previous UEFA cases as evidence, or at the very least get to replay the match.

And Fenlon has hit back at Kenny's comments, accusing Derry of being hypocritical, considering that they successfully used off the field processes to escape a three-point penalty for fielding the suspended Sean Hargan in a league game.

"I've kept my peace on it a little bit but I can't any longer after hearing some of the crap that's come out from Stephen", fumed Fenlon.

"I've had a bellyful of his comments in the paper about things being won on the pitch. If he's serious about that, then he needs to look at the bigger picture where he gained points on us in the Dublin City fiasco."

When the decision was made to expunge the defunct club's games from the record, Derry gained three points as they had lost one of their matches with the Vikings whereas Shels had won on both occasions.

"Stephen's got to look at the bigger picture and not just say things the way he wants it," continued Fenlon.

"They're complaining about us making a complaint against Jason McGuinness yet they were willing to go down the same road to get Sean Hargan off suspension."

"There's a case here of stones and glass houses and they need to be very careful about what road they want to go down."

In the event of Shelbourne's appeal being unsuccessful, they are likely to take the matter further. This one could run and run.

lofty9
27/10/2006, 10:52 AM
Someone'e feeling the pressure:)

Dodge
27/10/2006, 10:54 AM
Ah boo ****ing hoo Nutsy...

wws
27/10/2006, 11:09 AM
Fenlon 2006:

"I've kept my peace on it a little bit but I can't any longer after hearing some of the crap that's come out from Stephen......................

Keegan 1996

"I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something: he went down in my estimation when he said that - we have not resorted to that. But I'll tell ya - you can tell him now if you're watching it - we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something, and... and I tell you honestly, I'd love it if we beat them - love it."

bohsmug
27/10/2006, 11:11 AM
Fenlon 2006:

"I've kept my peace on it a little bit but I can't any longer after hearing some of the crap that's come out from Stephen......................

Keegan 1996

"I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something: he went down in my estimation when he said that - we have not resorted to that. But I'll tell ya - you can tell him now if you're watching it - we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something, and... and I tell you honestly, I'd love it if we beat them - love it."

:D :D :D

Mr A
27/10/2006, 11:20 AM
He has a point though.

Passive
27/10/2006, 11:22 AM
So, when the season finally does end, we'll have all have to put together the actual tables by taking three points off Derry, possibly three points off Shelbourne, adding three points onto Rovers and three points onto Bohs.

And Scully gets fined for saying the league is a mess?

stickyjoe
27/10/2006, 11:30 AM
Scullys 3 grand fine really is a joke when you look at some of the goings on this season, better off constantly whinging like Kenny or Fenlon to a lesser extent and nothing happens to you :rolleyes:

wws
27/10/2006, 11:34 AM
So, when the season finally does end, we'll have all have to put together the actual tables by taking three points off Derry, possibly three points off Shelbourne, adding three points onto Rovers and three points onto Bohs.

And Scully gets fined for saying the league is a mess?

eh? sorry ure non league and this doesn't impact on your league table

joeSoap
27/10/2006, 11:36 AM
The Administration of the Eircom League are to blame here. Not Fenlon, not Kenny and certainly not Scully whose fine still baffles me, especially when taken in the context of the fine Rico got for actually calling an official corrupt live on National television.

Fenlons right to appeal is valid in this case. There is UEFA precedent. Kenny maybe should have kept his powder dry especially over the Hargan issue. The powers that be in Irish football live in Balamory....they certainly have the mental capacity of someone who does.:mad:

Dodge
27/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Fenlon's appeal is a joke, particularly when they knew beforehand and refused to point it out. The precedent in ireland is to dock the club 3 points.

McShels
27/10/2006, 11:44 AM
The powers that be in Irish football live in Balamory....they certainly have the mental capacity of someone who does.:mad:

Ah Joe, the good citizens of Balamory are way above the intelligence of FAI/League Officals in this country

lofty9
27/10/2006, 12:03 PM
The administration of the league is a joke.

Rovers point deduction is the most idiotic. They didn't know that someoone was suspended as they were not informed - and they had a valid argument that the bookings should not have counted when the results of Dublin City were expunged.

Hargans suspension row - again - FAI's fault. No one, not even the press or any administrators of any club could have imformed Derry that Sean Hargan was suspended. He was allowed to play three games. For God's sake - that's the FAI's fault.

Don't know the ins and outs of the McGuiness suspension, but Bohs haven't appealed. Shels have though. In parallell with the Shamrock ROvers case above - will Rovers opponents on the game in question Dundalk get their three points, if Shels are awarded them?

There has been a call for a replay, but again this will only give Bohs the opportunity for the points, which is idiotic.

Confused?

Welcome to the Eircom League.

Let's see if they fine Kenny for his rant in the first place.

JOKERS.

drinkfeckarse
27/10/2006, 12:53 PM
Fenlon has a point though about the Dublin thing. Derry got a bonus 3 points for a game they lost.

lofty9
27/10/2006, 1:19 PM
Fenlon has a point though about the Dublin thing. Derry got a bonus 3 points for a game they lost.

He does, Derry were fortunate in that respect, but Cork and other clubs as well as Shels lost out on the decision. No appeals from those clubs. Most people agreed at the time that that was the only decision they could have made though. It looks like Kenny was looking for a reaction from the FAI but he got one from Fenlon.

Calcio Jack
27/10/2006, 1:36 PM
If the benchmark is a €5k fine for the type of comments made by Scully... then Kenny's comments which in a more overt way than Scully could be interputed as an attack on the offfices of FAI and were made whilst the issue in question is in effect "sub judice"... I wonder how much of a fine will the FAI impose on Kenny ?

pete
27/10/2006, 1:37 PM
I am not to often back Fenlon but he is totally correct about Stephen Kennys comments. I can't see how Kenny can criticise Shels when Derry used a dubious technicality to keep their own 3 points.

:rolleyes:

nzamcdza
27/10/2006, 5:07 PM
I can't see how Kenny can criticise Shels when Derry used a dubious technicality to keep their own 3 points.

Dubious technicality??

:D :D

I dont understand this UEFA precedent stuff.

The uefa u21 championships are played under a different rule book than the Eircom League. There are loads of differences in the rules. Madness.

passerrby
27/10/2006, 5:22 PM
ah but the mental capicty of the admin of the eircom league is only matched by the sheer stupity of the administrators of clubs

Aaron
27/10/2006, 5:25 PM
I am not to often back Fenlon but he is totally correct about Stephen Kennys comments. I can't see how Kenny can criticise Shels when Derry used a dubious technicality to keep their own 3 points.

Dubious technicality my arse!! Our solicitor proved that the FAI did NOT send us notice of Sean Hargans suspension. Why the hell should we be punished for something that wasnt our fault. As for Fenlons rant, thats a sign of pressure to rant at your rival. He complained that we over-celebrated. Who is he to tell us how to celebrate.

garyderry
27/10/2006, 5:45 PM
Dubious technicality my arse!! Our solicitor proved that the FAI did NOT send us notice of Sean Hargans suspension. Why the hell should we be punished for something that wasnt our fault. As for Fenlons rant, thats a sign of pressure to rant at your rival. He complained that we over-celebrated. Who is he to tell us how to celebrate.

and lied about it, and were proven to have lied about it.

SligoBrewer
27/10/2006, 7:08 PM
ive a horrible feeling this will go all the way in the courts,of course its all going to be irrelevent whem drogs win the rest of their games and shels and derry slip up finishing behind us

keep on dreaming, you'll be lucky to finish in 4th.:rolleyes: :D

fenlon is a whinging tit. giving out about the dublin city and the bohs things still. if he was any good of a manager, he'd concentrate on winning the league on the pitch, instead of off it. Shelbourne don't always get their way.:mad:

OneRedArmy
27/10/2006, 8:40 PM
If the benchmark is a €5k fine for the type of comments made by Scully... then Kenny's comments which in a more overt way than Scully could be interputed as an attack on the offfices of FAI and were made whilst the issue in question is in effect "sub judice"... I wonder how much of a fine will the FAI impose on Kenny ?
Old Chinese saying go "just cause crazy Rovers stalker man use two latin words, does not make point valid".

Kenny's comments were criticising the complainant, ie Shels, and not the FAI, in actual fact they were supporting the FAI assessment of the Dublin City AND Bohs situations, so I don't know how you construe that as an attack on the FAI. In reference to the Hargan suspension, Kenny gets a free shot at the FAI as they were shown up to be incompetent at best and liars and frauds at worst (depending on whether you view the misrepresenting of a meeting date as a mistake or a deliberate attempt to pull the wool over a procedural error).

Why don't you just take it out on your Stephen Kenny voodoo doll that I've no doubt you possess.

The Sheliban
27/10/2006, 11:42 PM

Kenny rants at Fenlon, Fenlon rants at Kenny, which of them exactly is a sign of pressure?

Your solicitor proved...? Ah, oxymorons at their most potent.

Let Derry's appeal prevail. Let Shel's appeal fail. Let us have no doubt as to who the Champions are.

ps the real enemy are the Liverpool and Man U "supporters"

Gareth
28/10/2006, 9:37 AM
It is a bit funny you are allowed use Solicitors to prove your case and us using them is distroying the league. Why should you be punihsed for something not your fault. Was it anyones fault DC were removed from the league. Eitherway, you can argue both sides of this. The reality is in 5 games time we will not need to worry. One team will slip up and the other win it clear :)

pete
28/10/2006, 11:24 AM
I read somewhere that Derry kept their 3 points because they used a rule that the case should have been held in its own meeting & not part of wider disciplinary meeting?

Derry were wrong, Shels are also wrong.

How could Derry keep their points & Shamrock Rover lose theirs?

:confused:

Aaron
28/10/2006, 11:32 AM
Are people on this site just thick or intentionally acting a prat? I'll put it in bold shall I

WE WON OUR APPEAL BECAUSE THE FAI DID NOT NOTIFY US OF THE SUSPENSION. IF WE WERE NOT NOTIFIED THEN HOW DO WE KNOW IF SOMEONE IS SUSPENDED. SAME APPLIES FOR ROVERS, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED AND SHOULD HAVE WON THE APPEAL BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT TOLD ABOUT THE SUSPENSION AND THE SUSPENSION SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPUNGED ALONG WITH ALL DUBLIN CITY'S RESULTS. DUNDALK DIDNT APPEAL BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM, AND THATS WHAT SHOULD APPLY TO SHELS!!!

If shels were in our position i've no doubt wotsoever that they would have a case like we did. so enuff of the "u didnt deserve to get ur points back" or "derry are wrong".

Passive
28/10/2006, 12:09 PM
Are people on this site just thick or intentionally acting a prat? I'll put it in bold shall I

WE WON OUR APPEAL BECAUSE THE FAI DID NOT NOTIFY US OF THE SUSPENSION. IF WE WERE NOT NOTIFIED THEN HOW DO WE KNOW IF SOMEONE IS SUSPENDED. SAME APPLIES FOR ROVERS, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED AND SHOULD HAVE WON THE APPEAL BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT TOLD ABOUT THE SUSPENSION AND THE SUSPENSION SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPUNGED ALONG WITH ALL DUBLIN CITY'S RESULTS. DUNDALK DIDNT APPEAL BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM, AND THATS WHAT SHOULD APPLY TO SHELS!!!

If shels were in our position i've no doubt wotsoever that they would have a case like we did. so enuff of the "u didnt deserve to get ur points back" or "derry are wrong".

True, but it still doesn't answer Pete's question.

Dr.Nightdub
28/10/2006, 12:21 PM
Well to answer Pete's question, how about this: a similar (not identical) technicality applies in both cases and both Derry and Rovers have watertight cases. But this season, cos of their European success, Derry are everybody's darlings whereas Rovers' new owners are an uppity bunch who are adamant about doing everything the right way no matter how much embarrassment it causes at whatever level. Therefore the powers that be are inclined to uphold Derry's appeal while at the same time they're inclined to stick it to Rovers just to paper over their own failings.

pete
28/10/2006, 12:22 PM
When a Pats fan say Rovers were hard done by then you know some truth there.

Passive
28/10/2006, 12:58 PM
Well to answer Pete's question, how about this: a similar (not identical) technicality applies in both cases and both Derry and Rovers have watertight cases. But this season, cos of their European success, Derry are everybody's darlings whereas Rovers' new owners are an uppity bunch who are adamant about doing everything the right way no matter how much embarrassment it causes at whatever level. Therefore the powers that be are inclined to uphold Derry's appeal while at the same time they're inclined to stick it to Rovers just to paper over their own failings.

Top marks.

OneRedArmy
28/10/2006, 4:44 PM
At last! A penny seems to have dropped that just because Rovers were unfairly punished (& there`s no doubt they were) Derry didn't "get away" with anything. The Rovers finding was a shambles but it doesn't make the Derry exonneration any less valid.
People have obviously been listening a bit too much to the Tolka Park version of events from Frodo & Gollum.

The Sheliban
05/11/2006, 9:08 AM
Oh Stephen, Stephen, don’t you see
The most delicious irony?
Your words, reported in the press,
Betray your turmoil and distress.
“The greatest scandal ever seen,”
You blasted out at Hallowe’en,
Confessing you would be dismayed
Should Bohs and Shelbourne get replayed.
For points, you stated to the proles,
Should not be gained through rulebook holes,
But rather on the field of play,
Which you would deem the fairest way.
The Bohs result should be let stand,
Reversal would be underhand,
And it just makes your pink blood boil
That Shelbourne will not take their oil.

So, Stephen, let us break the bones
Of these glass houses, people, bones.
First, Derry had three points withdrawn
For fielding Mr Hargan, Sean,
When on the League’s suspension list,
A fact your own officials missed.
But you appealed successfully
Upon a technicality,
And lo! The three points were returned.
Your fingers thus remained unburned.

And we could really see your pity
When the League lost Dublin City.
Shels’ six points, won fair and square,
Were in a flash reduced to air,
While Derry gained a big reward
For dropping points which were restored.
And thus, upon your “field of play,”
Shels, who won more games, held sway,
But off the field, the quoted rules,
Compiled by jesters, clowns and fools,
Conspired to hand out Tolka pain,
While working well to Derry’s gain.

But did we hear a Derry howl,
Wailing long and crying foul?

EireBadBoy
05/11/2006, 2:50 PM
**** poem.

nzamcdza
05/11/2006, 3:21 PM
What a waste of time, and if you went to all that trouble you should have at least got the facts right.