PDA

View Full Version : Your starting 11 for Sunday and why!

Shedzer
27/10/2006, 10:03 AM
..........given the fact that Harpel Singh is out from what iv heard, and thats all im going by..

A few factors to decide on...
1.Brush or O'Hara??
2.Foy, does he play? Rumour of Turner at left back:rolleyes:
3.Who partners O'Grady in the middle? Turner or Hughes
4.Left wing???
5.McTeirnan to start???

This is what il say.....

1. John O'Hara - Just about, because of his ability that we have seen, he can be class, needs to distribute better in this game....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Gavin Peers - At right full.... Has to contain O' Flynn first and fourmost before attacking... He should be ok, not worried about his selection...

3. Keith Foy - Off the pace completely of late....Not even his passing has been good.... But we dont have any other left back and maybe he will prove me wrong with a good performance...

4. Michael McNamara - Its not a hard choice when both the boys are fit... If he keeps Farren in his pocket like he did O'Flynn of Cork in the first half il be happy...its just his 90 min display that need to be up to scratch, meaning, hes tuned it at all times, he was fault for Cork and O'Flynns goal.... see whaat im saying?

5. Liam Burns - Needs to keep the lads alert...give himself that 3-4 yards and be cute... He is someone we we be relying on come Sunday...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Adam Hughes - With no Singh and Faz a more attacking minded player, i personally think we need to have a strong grafet on the left wing, Derry are best down the right, people mention McCourt, bolox, he may not even start...Its McCallion and McGlynn that ripped us, Shels and many others apart.... Playing Hughes on the left may be a contraversal decision, but he'd give 100% and not be in timidated any of the 3 names from Derry i just mentioned....

6. Conor O'Grady - Centre of the park...No problems here...He will cover every blade im sure.. Needs to get the better of Marytan and we can build it from there...

14. Chris Turner - Centre of the park... More attacking than O'Grady, but not afraid to get dirty either... If he can show some of the form that has most people asking for him in the centre of the park in the first place, he can provide possession to the wing men and Darren to feet....

8. Fahrudin Kudozovic - Right wing... I would'nt like to see us having Faz and Foy on the left... His every move will be watched as usuall... If he could come up with something, itd not only silence the Derry fans, but the Rovers fans too...
------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Darren Mansaram - Slightly off form of late, didnt look fit against Derry and Cork i heard also... Had 10 days to recover.... Can be the best player on the park on Sunday if he shines....

10. Paul McTiernan - **** it...im not a huge fan of his ability the more iv seen of him, but he would give 200% infront of 6000 people, chase all day, and never give up....pace may worry Hutton! Deserves this chance...

Thats my starting 11... Its easy to name 1-11 on paper and give no reasoning behind it...iv tried to give backing behind my picks and the positioning

Midgit
27/10/2006, 1:18 PM
I agree with Shedzer about Hughes on the left giving Foy alot more cover than Faz would!

Fivesilver
27/10/2006, 1:28 PM
Don't know if it's 100% reliable, but I was told this morning that Harpal took a full part in training yesterday.

Midgit
27/10/2006, 2:18 PM
Thats great news!

SligoBrewer
27/10/2006, 3:13 PM
Don't know if it's 100% reliable, but I was told this morning that Harpal took a full part in training yesterday.

delira!!!!!!!:D:D:D