PDA

View Full Version : O'Flynn called up by Givens

cd_2002
07/10/2002, 11:53 AM
JOF called up for under 21 trainig (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=8162&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

MikeW
07/10/2002, 12:33 PM
Does this mean they can be picked for the side? I don't even think it does - to be honest this is a bit of an insult to these players. Certainly O'Flynn deserves a proper cap not this "called up for training" bull that continually gets pulled to appease the EL. Looking at the squad, theres only about 3 strikers in it anyway and O'Flynn is probably better than any of them. Don Givens is just the latest in a long line of muppets to manage the under 21 side.

pete
07/10/2002, 1:57 PM
An insult to O'Flynn for sure.

No disrespect to the other players called up to "train" but Forysthe & Lester :eek:

O'Flynn is either good enough for the sqaud or he isn't - I don't see any point in him travelling up to dublin for some "training".

:rolleyes:

Éanna
07/10/2002, 6:00 PM
we´ve discussed it before- this thing is an insult to the eL. Givens has been a disgrace in his attitude to this league since he took over.

The Donie Forde
08/10/2002, 12:39 PM
Don't agree with this 'training' stuff either, but at least JOF is also on standby in case there are withdrawals...

Donie

joe
08/10/2002, 9:15 PM
heard tonight that he has been called up *properly* now

Éanna
09/10/2002, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by joe
good. he should be in the squad, no doubts about it.

The Donie Forde
09/10/2002, 9:20 AM
Originally posted by joe

Yeah, he's in for Gary Dempsey (ex Waterford U, now Dunfermline) who withdrew because of injury.

Be great if he got off the bench at some stage. Can't see him starting, although I understand Jonathan Daly may drop out also...

Donie