PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night latest

JC_GUFC
26/10/2006, 7:17 PM
Dundalk 0 Kilkenny 1 :eek: 31 mins gone

Dundalk on a run of 19 games unbeaten, Kilkenny have about 2 points from last 17 games. Surely it's not gonna stay like this...

Rory H
26/10/2006, 7:22 PM
crap....come on dundalk!

dancinpants
26/10/2006, 7:51 PM
1-1

Flanagan

red bellied
26/10/2006, 7:51 PM
one one now

pineapple stu
26/10/2006, 8:15 PM
2-1. Rob McAuley. Now there's a blast from the past!!

Paddyfield
26/10/2006, 8:16 PM
RTE Soccer Results Service
Dundalk 2:1 Kilkenny City (L)
Venue: Oriel Park Date: 26/10/2006
35 mins Goal Flanagan
70 mins Goal McCauley
3 mins Goal Donnelly

sligoman
26/10/2006, 9:58 PM
Go on Dundalk!:)

green-blood
27/10/2006, 9:53 AM
that probably kills Galway now doenst it,

Louth4sam
27/10/2006, 11:16 AM
Not really we still have three games left including a tough away game to Finn Harps last day of the season. Rovers also have a tough trip to cobh that day. This league wont be decided til the last day

Passive
27/10/2006, 11:25 AM
Once Galway beat Rovers it was just a matter of which of the three clubs slipped up first. Galway took that honour when they lost to Dundalk, now it's just a matter of seeing which of Rovers or Dundalk can hold their nerve.

That said, if we win all our games we should have the title wrapped-up on goal difference.

Of course, those three points back would have been a big help.

DvB
27/10/2006, 1:01 PM
Once Galway beat Rovers it was just a matter of which of the three clubs slipped up first. Galway took that honour when they lost to Dundalk, now it's just a matter of seeing which of Rovers or Dundalk can hold their nerve.

That said, if we win all our games we should have the title wrapped-up on goal difference.

Of course, those three points back would have been a big help.

It has to be advantage Dundalk though at this stage, points in the bag are a hell of a lot better than having games in hand, especially when we have to cram them in in a tight timeframe, especially IF tonights game goes to a replay! Wheras i expected Dundalk to win last night i can see our backlog of games causing us problems, 3 away games wher always iffy, three away games in a short period of time is a step up again!

Koh

green-blood
27/10/2006, 1:56 PM
we'll just use our league 11 and not our cup 11 !!!!!!!!

Dodge
27/10/2006, 2:16 PM
Be a huge embaressment to the league if Dundalk win it.

Mr A
27/10/2006, 2:20 PM
Be a huge embaressment to the league if Dundalk win it.

Why? Because they almost certainly won't be in the premier next year regardless? That's the deal we all signed up for I'm afraid.

In any case the guy who took over Dundalk in the middle of the season said he was going to cut back spending, reduce the club's debts and wouldn't bankroll the club- so maybe Dundalk are as well off to be in the first rather than risk getting sucked into another spending spree trying to stay in the premier.

holidaysong
27/10/2006, 3:55 PM
Why? Because they almost certainly won't be in the premier next year regardless? That's the deal we all signed up for I'm afraid.

In any case the guy who took over Dundalk in the middle of the season said he was going to cut back spending, reduce the club's debts and wouldn't bankroll the club- so maybe Dundalk are as well off to be in the first rather than risk getting sucked into another spending spree trying to stay in the premier.

I'd rather have to battle against relegation in the premier than stick another season in this hellhole! The premier means increased income - it would be ridiculous to not want to be there. We will eventually have to be willing to get 'sucked into' another spending spree unless we are happy to remain in the first division forever. It might as well be now than in five years time.

gufct
27/10/2006, 4:38 PM
Tomorrow night will tell a tale if we win i really think it will go to the last game of the season.Rovers goal difference is a huge plus for them and there is nothing between ourselves and Dundalk on that count.

Biggest problem is we allegedly have our 3 first choice Centre Halves out Charles,Clery and Frawley but we really owe Athlone one.

oriel
27/10/2006, 6:16 PM
Dodge

'Be a huge embaressment to the league if Dundalk win it'

I`m waiting patiently for your reasons for this.

As would the 3,499 others who attened the lge game with rovers last month.

Dodge
27/10/2006, 11:26 PM
Dodge

'Be a huge embaressment to the league if Dundalk win it'

I`m waiting patiently for your reasons for this.

As would the 3,499 others who attened the lge game with rovers last month.

Relax, mean it'd be a huge embarressment FOR the league if Dundalk win the division but are denied a place in the Delaneyship

oriel
28/10/2006, 11:46 AM
Dodge - I`m man enough to admit I made a mistake

Sorry

Ps well done re cup final, whats the wait 40 year or so ? no one could begrudge you that if you won it now.