PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Details

Stephen123
26/10/2006, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, hope you are well!

I'm currently doing a Masters in Finance in Smurfit and we have a project to do in a subject called Econometrics. I've decided to study the attendance at UCD football matches and see if there are any patterns which could lead to an improvement in the figures, what makes people attend etc. To do this, I will need all the home attendances for the past 5 years, the day and date of the match and the opposition. Would any of you know where I could get this!?

I'll let you know how the project goes and if I come up with anything interesting that could help increase attendances!

Thanks!

John83
26/10/2006, 11:18 AM
Pineapple Stu may be able to give you attendances for three years (he's certainly recorded them, just not sure if it's all in one place!). Beyond that, unless his records go back further, you'd be digging through match reports all over the place - here, other websites, newspapers... many League of Ireland match reports don't bother to note the attendence. Anyway, good luck!

Aberdonian Stu
26/10/2006, 12:04 PM
Also the official figures are dubious at best and that's not just for our club. I'm not even saying their dubious in one direction (too high or too low), it probably changes depending on the game.

Poor Student
26/10/2006, 12:04 PM
Pineapple Stu may be able to give you attendances for three years (he's certainly recorded them, just not sure if it's all in one place!). Beyond that, unless his records go back further, you'd be digging through match reports all over the place - here, other websites, newspapers... many League of Ireland match reports don't bother to note the attendence. Anyway, good luck!

I think Pineapple keeps them neatly recorded in Excel. Any UCD match reports you'll find anywhere but here will have pretty badly inaccurate data.

pineapple stu
26/10/2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I have stuff for the last three years anyway; less reliable info going two years further back I think. If you PM me your e-mail, I'll send on the info.

Stephen123
27/10/2006, 10:00 AM
that's great lads thanks! I'll let you know how I get on!