PDA

View Full Version : Should Liam Murphy be replaced as city manager?

Éanna
05/10/2002, 9:36 PM
Forget who we want as his successor, or whether we should wait til the end of the season- should he go or should he stay?

James
05/10/2002, 10:09 PM
OUT

Gary
05/10/2002, 10:19 PM
He has to go, sooner rather than later.

OUT

Colm
06/10/2002, 1:06 PM
OUT

Shed End John
08/10/2002, 4:16 PM
Of course he should. If last Fridays answer to Ireland in Moscow isn't enough, then try the last two and a half seasons of torture for a damning indictment of his managerial ability. As for the seven people who think he shouldn't be replaced, who the f**k do they think they are?, what planet are they living on?, and why aren't they brave enough to post a reply and defend their position?

Murphy Out Now!!!

A face
09/10/2002, 12:04 AM
The whole "from the frying pan straight into the volcano" scenario. I think everyone will admit that it is better that we keep Murphy till the end of the season and decide then, or we may well have the three managers in one season thing again, sure you wouldn't get that in Spain like. :rolleyes:

Dricky
09/10/2002, 7:18 AM
As for the seven people who think he shouldn't be replaced,

That was Gunther himself:D

I wonder is we started a petition via email to "STOP GUNTHER GOING TO SUNDERLAND" someone might take him

Éanna
09/10/2002, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
As for the seven people who think he shouldn't be replaced, who the f**k do they think they are?, what planet are they living on?, and why aren't they brave enough to post a reply and defend their position?
they´re perfectly entitled to their opinion too.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by A face
or we may well have the three managers in one season thing again, sure you wouldn't get that in Spain like. :rolleyes:

Yes you most certainly would...at Atletico Madrid with chairman Jesus Gil. What was the last count? 34 managers in the last 12 years or so?

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
10/10/2002, 2:08 PM
Thats just one club though, and gil is well known as a loose cannon anyway, so any manager who takes that job is just about begging for the sack.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Thats just one club though, and gil is well known as a loose cannon anyway, so any manager who takes that job is just about begging for the sack.

Spare a thought then for the manager who, either in 1995/96 or1996/97, guided Atletico to the domestic double and still got fired after 5 weeks of the next season.
BTW, I think Gunther's extremely lucky to have 11 friends who'll come onto this site and vote for him. :p

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
10/10/2002, 4:02 PM
Spare a thought then for the manager who, either in 1995/96 or1996/97, guided Atletico to the domestic double and still got fired after 5 weeks of the next season.
Like i said, Gil´s repuatation is well-known, and taking that job is asking for the sack. So not much sympathy really.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 5:06 PM

Like i said, Gil´s repuatation is well-known, and taking that job is asking for the sack. So not much sympathy really.

I have to say that is a lovely attitude toward your fellow human beings.:D
I see the poll's going 68-32 against Gunther, wouldn't mind if Nice went against the Government on a similar score! :)

Murphy Out Now!!!

Counting Crow
10/10/2002, 7:40 PM
11 votes for him to stay on......hmmm, interesting.

Now let's see who they were:

Mary Murphy
Auntie Joan Murphy
Tony Murphy
John Murphy
Junior Murphy ( aged 2 )
Michael Murphy
Auntie Phillis Murphy
Liam Murphy
Liam Murphy
Liam Murphy

Oh and ...... Liam Murphy.

Shed End John
15/10/2002, 10:02 AM
HAHAHAHA. That's a bloody good one. Didn't realise that he had so many relatives, never mind so many actually willing to stick up for him. :p

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
15/10/2002, 10:18 AM
wouldn't mind if Nice went against the Government on a similar score! :)
fingers crossed.........

* not to self: must stop posting off topic* :)

Schumi
15/10/2002, 10:28 AM

fingers crossed.........

Damn right. To hell with Liam Murphy, NICE OUT!

Troy.McClure
15/10/2002, 1:13 PM
How about a new poll?

Would you rather Murphy to be sacked, in public - infact right infront of the Shed at half time, or Nice to be passed for Bertie and his boys?:D :eek: :(

Shed End John
15/10/2002, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
How about a new poll?

Would you rather Murphy to be sacked, in public - infact right infront of the Shed at half time, or Nice to be passed for Bertie and his boys?:D :eek: :(

Public sacking for Gunther, please. Probably to wild celebrations also. Couldn't stand another season watching that c**t ineptly manage a team and club that we all clearly love ALOT more than he does. If he had any respect, he'd f*** off asap.

Murphy Out Now!!!

9pointdeduction
21/10/2002, 5:41 PM
he should go-NOW