PDA

View Full Version : He has got to go now!

Colm
05/10/2002, 12:31 PM
Well lads, 4 defeats in a row, out of the cup, dropping down the table, terrible tactics, the return of the hoof, the crowds WILL start to disappear. It looks like things are getting back to normal!:rolleyes:
Despite all this some people still support Gunther, there were even a few fools in the shed who started singing "Liam Murphys barmy army".
Heres some of the things a did wrong over the last few games:
- dropping Gaz in favour of Deccie 'im well past it' Daly.
- sticking with O'Grady despite him having a stinker against Shels, Pats and Longford.
- refusing to allow Devine go up for the 2 last ditch free kicks in the dying moments last night, we had nothing to lose.
- He continues to stand motionless on the sideline like a cardboard cutout!

He has taken the team as far as he can (which isnt very far!) and needs to step aside to make way for a fresh new manager.

MURPHY OUT

Éanna
05/10/2002, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Well lads, 4 defeats in a row, out of the cup, dropping down the table, terrible tactics, the return of the hoof, the crowds WILL start to disappear. It looks like things are getting back to normal!:rolleyes:

Heres some of the things a did wrong over the last few games:
- dropping Gaz in favour of Deccie 'im well past it' Daly.
- sticking with O'Grady despite him having a stinker against Shels, Pats and Longford.
- refusing to allow Devine go up for the 2 last ditch free kicks in the dying moments last night, we had nothing to lose.
- He continues to stand motionless on the sideline like a cardboard cutout!

He has taken the team as far as he can (which isnt very far!) and needs to step aside to make way for a fresh new manager.

MURPHY OUT

Can´t argue with a single word of that. OUT

Neil
08/10/2002, 1:56 AM
I thought it summed up Liam Murphy's reign as manager when with 2 of the 4 minutes added time gone, City get a corner. Devine starts tearing forward as most goalie's would when 1-0 down and only seconds left. But Devine gives a look over to the bench and then suddenly stops and then starts shaking his head. Gunther obviously told him NOT to go up.

It's not the first time either that I have seen Devine AND other players shake their heads and throw their eyes to heaven in reaction to Liam Murphy decisions on the pitch. A bad sign when players think so little of their manager.

Onto the train Liam...
You're bringing OUR club to it's knees.

pete
08/10/2002, 9:14 AM
Originally posted by Neil
It's not the first time either that I have seen Devine AND other players shake their heads and throw their eyes to heaven in reaction to Liam Murphy decisions on the pitch. A bad sign when players think so little of their manager.

Yup, Devine has definitely been seen shaking his head in disbelief at some substitutions in the past.

:rolleyes:

Éanna
08/10/2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by pete
Yup, Devine has definitely been seen shaking his head in disbelief at some substitutions in the past.
Yeah, I´ve seen it a few times, and heard of it happening other times. Says it all really.

Éanna
08/10/2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Neil
I thought it summed up Liam Murphy's reign as manager when with 2 of the 4 minutes added time gone, City get a corner. Devine starts tearing forward as most goalie's would when 1-0 down and only seconds left. But Devine gives a look over to the bench and then suddenly stops and then starts shaking his head. Gunther obviously told him NOT to go up.

He´s probably wishing he´d played 4-5-1, then we´d have had a better chance of scoring :rolleyes:

Colm
08/10/2002, 3:07 PM
I cant understand why he wouldnt leave Devine go up for it, it was probabley the last kick of the game and we had nothing to lose. Did Gunther want us to be defeated?!!

Another thing I noticed while watching TV3 last night was that of the 4 managers involved in the 2 semis, the only one who didnt give an interview was Gunther. Surely, he should be ordered by Brian Lennox to speak to the media. Its bad PR when the manager wont even give an interview after the game, the grumpy little pr!ck has got to go, sooner rather than later!

Shed End John
08/10/2002, 3:12 PM

Agreed, this long running fiasco can't continue. I would even say that affairs on the pitch have gone backwards under LM. Anyone remember the last time City went two consecutive seasons without European football? 'Cause that's exactly the scenario we're looking at. Not winning the League or Cup in a given season is a HUGE underachievement for a club like City, never mind to say 2 in a row without Europe. LM should do everyone a favour and disappear off the face of the planet.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
09/10/2002, 8:10 AM
Another thing I noticed while watching TV3 last night was that of the 4 managers involved in the 2 semis, the only one who didnt give an interview was Gunther. Surely, he should be ordered by Brian Lennox to speak to the media. Its bad PR when the manager wont even give an interview after the game, the grumpy little pr!ck has got to go, sooner rather than later!
With all the talk of professionalism going around, thats a glaring mistake on his part. That said the once or twice I´ve seen him interviewed he looked like a rabbit in the headlights (a particularly dopey rabbit at that :rolleyes: ) so maybe better to keep him away from the cameras.

Jim Smith
09/10/2002, 10:14 AM
I think interviewing Gunther would be a PR disaster. How would he come over on TV, or radio for that matter? Better to get someone who can communicate to do it, say Brian Lennox himself?

wiseman
09/10/2002, 11:16 AM
Interviews by either the manager or his assisstant. If the chairman gives one it means the club are f****d and B Lennox won't want to give that impression.

Jim Smith
09/10/2002, 12:16 PM
...break the mould then? One or two interviews from a chairman without the club collapsing should do it. The first time perhaps people might think "what is going on?" but a few refusals to be interviewed or surly performances isn't going to win any friends.

So any replacement for Gunther needs to be reasonably articualte when coaching or dealing with the media. BTW Rico is NOT articulate. He is some sort of vomiting dictonary :D

eoinh
09/10/2002, 12:16 PM
what do you mean by that colm?

http://wwa.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/faicup_0102_second.html

ive got my ticket!

A face
09/10/2002, 12:59 PM
Must have got through on some sort of technicallity or something, how bad. :confused:

And who said RTÉ weren't always right. :D

Éanna
10/10/2002, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
He is some sort of vomiting dictonary :D
LMAO :D :D

Agree that Lennox might be an option for the interview. Someone has to do one, the club can´t just refuse to talk to anyone, and better not gunther because he comes across terribly on tv.