PDA

View Full Version : Title race still alive?

Pages : [1] 2

pineapple stu
24/10/2006, 8:01 PM
Ciarán Martyn puts Derry 1-0 up shortly into the second half. Well deserved by all accounts.

pineapple stu
24/10/2006, 8:12 PM
2-0. McCourt. Probably going to be needed as Forde's having another nightmare. Goal difference down to 6 in favour of Shels, I think, with every goal tonight counting double, effectively.

ccfcgirl
24/10/2006, 8:27 PM
11 minutes left ,Derry need to hang on still 2-0.

Buller
24/10/2006, 8:31 PM
what was mccourts goal like?

pól-dcfc
24/10/2006, 8:42 PM
Treble here we come!

dcfcsteve
24/10/2006, 8:46 PM
It's certainly breathed life into the race again - a defeat would've killed it tonight, and a draw would probably have seen it glide slowly in Shels favour over the weeks.

Just goes to show what might have happened had we not lost PJ in the Tolka game last month.....

Certainly adds spice to it all anyway. Can only be good for the game.

Fivesilver
24/10/2006, 8:47 PM
Fair play Derry. Now the team should go out for a well-earned celebration (preferably involving several days of a p!ss-up), then make sure not to get tripped up in the league run-in by getting too distracted by the Cup. Just a suggestion. :o

TonyD
24/10/2006, 8:49 PM
Well done Derry, delighted. Now do us all a favour and finish the job, deny Ollies evil empire the title.

crc
24/10/2006, 9:06 PM
Obviously very happy that the title race is still open (and we have the momentum!), but listening to it on the radio made me even more pi$$ed off that it wasn't on the TV. I don't think we'll haul in the goal difference, so realistically we still need shels to drop a few more points than we do. Hopefully they'll get beat down in the 'Cross!

Thanks again to RTE Radio 1, they put on a good show, just a shame its only radio.

Peadar
24/10/2006, 9:19 PM
I'm not being funny, but, I can't see Shels beating us at The Cross. We always struggle away to Derry, however. Think Shels will be lucky to get 4 points from Bohs, drogs and ourselves. Who said this run in wasn't exciting!

Aaron
24/10/2006, 9:20 PM
what was mccourts goal like?

We hit them on the break, Beckett played the ball down the left, McCourt drifted in and slid it under Williams. Good finish. Changed the game when he came on. Forde had one or two nervous moments but more than made up for it with a world class save. Great performance all round, great nite, pity i cant compliment a few Shels fans who decided they wud try and start trouble. But as usual our well trained stewards dealt with it!!

CTID!!!

Edit: Just a note on the ref, he was very fair tonite. People may say its cause Derry won i say this but i thought he handled the game well. Well Done!!

chippie0001
24/10/2006, 9:43 PM
Well done Derry, delighted. Now do us all a favour and finish the job, deny Ollies evil empire the title.

Looking at the games left going to be very close. I think Shels have the slightly harder run in but this could come down to goal difference in the end its that close. Sligo away will be tough for Shels this weekend, they have to bounce back quick. Here's hoping Kenny can prove me wrong, I will be a happy man.

Aaron
24/10/2006, 9:44 PM
was he a dublin ref?

Yep Damien Hancock

dcfcsteve
24/10/2006, 9:45 PM
Looking at the games left going to be very close. I think Shels have the slightly harder run in but this could come down to goal difference in the end its that close. Sligo away will be tough for Shels this weekend, they have to bounce back quick. Here's hoping Kenny can prove me wrong, I will be a happy man.

No Sligo away for Shels this weekend - they've got City in the Cup.

sfc red
25/10/2006, 12:45 AM
Outclassed tonight by a very good side.

headtheball
25/10/2006, 4:59 AM
Great win for us tonight. We battered Shels tonight and no one can argue with the result...Our two wingers McGlynn and in 2nd half McCourt when he came on had O'Halloran and Rogers on toast...Should be an exciting finish now to the league for everyone involved, as i can see it go to the last game now.

CollegeTillIDie
25/10/2006, 6:30 AM
Well exciting stuff awaits. Heery is apparently out for the rest of the season, so it will be interesting to see if Shels can recover from this setback and last night's result.

Peadar
25/10/2006, 8:40 AM
Yep Damien Hancock

Is he not the ref who took charge of the League Cup Final this year?
I think he usually does a good job.

hoops1
25/10/2006, 8:56 AM
Edit: Just a note on the ref, he was very fair tonite. People may say its cause Derry won i say this but i thought he handled the game well. Well Done!!

Now thats a suprise, Derry won and the ref was great.
I think there is a pattern forming here. Im not sure but I think its
along the lines of when Derry win the ref is fair and when they lose/ draw
the ref is terrible. Interesting.

Poor Student
25/10/2006, 8:58 AM
There's still the whole McGuinness suspension issue hanging around. With the league so tight this could yet be a deciding factor.

Raheny Red
25/10/2006, 9:07 AM
pity i cant compliment a few Shels fans who decided they wud try and start trouble. But as usual our well trained stewards dealt with it!!

Don't give me that. They are nothing more than hired goons just like any other steward in the league. Anyway, if you mean that swinging their arms and legs as dealing with it then fair enough.......................:rolleyes:

desaintsno.12
25/10/2006, 9:09 AM
delighted. please please do it derry.

dcfcsteve
25/10/2006, 9:11 AM
Now thats a suprise, Derry won and the ref was great.
I think there is a pattern forming here. Im not sure but I think its
along the lines of when Derry win the ref is fair and when they lose/ draw
the ref is terrible. Interesting.

I think you'll find its more a case of when Derry gets players sent off for what are perceived as dubious circumstances, or the ref makes patently ridiculous decisions, the ref gets criticised - regardless of whether we lose (which, to be fair, hasn't exactly happened a lot this season).

No real complaints on the ref in games where we've lost and this didn't happen (e.g. Glentoran, PSG). Big complaints on games like, for example, Linfield away where the ref did things like give Linfield a free kick when it was one of their own men that clearly clattered their own goalkeeper.

Still - nice theory.

hoops1
25/10/2006, 9:15 AM
I think you'll find its more a case of when Derry gets players sent off for what are perceived as dubious circumstances,

Only dubious in the minds of SK and the Derry support

dcfcsteve
25/10/2006, 9:17 AM
Don't give me that. They are nothing more than hired goons just like any other steward in the league. Anyway, if you mean that swinging their arms and legs as dealing with it then fair enough.......................:rolleyes:

"Hired goons".... :rolleyes: Well if only the goons that Shels employ could be in some way organised then you might be able to prevent the by-now traditonal pitch invasions after every game in Tolka.

As for City stewards being hired goons - I've heard criticism of stewards from other clubs on a number of occassions (mostly yours and Longford, I might add) but rarely any credible criticism of ours. Maybe that's why the FAI rates them very highly, and has asked them to run training for other clubs, to work at international games etc.

Anyways - let's not have your views on stewards deflect from the fact that the schooligan Bebo-massiff at Shels tried to cause trouble at yet another game. Only this time they were easily prevented by organised stewarding. You know - of the sort that is painfully lacking in Tolka...

wws
25/10/2006, 9:23 AM
Maybe that's why the FAI rates them very highly, and has asked to work at international games etc.

standard practice at all the clubs in fairness

Krstic
25/10/2006, 9:42 AM
Shelbourne want the game replayed or to be given the points for last night.
Ollie is using rule 69er, that Derry should have at least one man sent off per game and must not finish a game with a goalkeeper on the pitch.

But on a serious note, when do Shelbourne get the 3 points from the game they didn't win against Bohs??

And as for the Shelbourne fans last night, i was in block B beside them and it was much ado about nothing. A few kids acting the ****.

Raheny Red
25/10/2006, 9:51 AM
Organised in what way? Attacking Shels fans when there was a bit of a scuffle. Kicking out 2 Shels fans for flag waving and pointing at a steward, yes you read that right pointing. :rolleyes: :mad:

BohDiddley
25/10/2006, 9:53 AM
Go on Derry. Do it for all our sakes.

hoops1
25/10/2006, 10:12 AM
Kicking out 2 Shels fans for flag waving and pointing at a steward, yes you read that right pointing. :rolleyes: :mad:

Dead right pointing is nearlyas serious as making a gun with your hand and then pointing it, all very well until someone gets poked in the eye.

DvB
25/10/2006, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=dcfcsteve;562332]
As for City stewards being hired goons - I've heard criticism of stewards from other clubs on a number of occassions (mostly yours and Longford, I might add) but rarely any credible criticism of ours. QUOTE]

I have to agree here, always found the Stewards in the Brandywell easy to deal with & have never had any hassle from them, they've even protected our flags on occasion when young City fans had a go at damaging them, easily admit they look after us very fairly. Derry, Galway & Cobh easily the best i've encountered in the last few seasons.

Koh

NY Hoop
25/10/2006, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=dcfcsteve;562332]
As for City stewards being hired goons - I've heard criticism of stewards from other clubs on a number of occassions (mostly yours and Longford, I might add) but rarely any credible criticism of ours. QUOTE]

I have to agree here, always found the Stewards in the Brandywell easy to deal with & have never had any hassle from them, they've even protected our flags on occasion when young City fans had a go at damaging them, easily admit they look after us very fairly. Derry, Galway & Cobh easily the best i've encountered in the last few seasons.

Koh

Not always only recently. Years back they used to have fans with bibs who were clueless and were not afraid to start trouble but in fairness now they are competent.

Fair play to Derry. Keeps the league interesting and if they win it and we win friday we're in Europe:D

KOH

dcfcsteve
25/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Only dubious in the minds of SK and the Derry support

Hence my use of the word "perceived" in front of dubious...... :rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
25/10/2006, 11:50 AM
standard practice at all the clubs in fairness

All clubs have been asked to provide training to all other cluibs......? :confused:

dcfcsteve
25/10/2006, 11:55 AM
Organised in what way? Attacking Shels fans when there was a bit of a scuffle. Kicking out 2 Shels fans for flag waving and pointing at a steward, yes you read that right pointing. :rolleyes: :mad:

People thrown out merely for pointing and flag waving ?

Raheny Red - I suggest you have a look on your club's own forum for numerous posts form Shels fans describing exactly what was happening and saying that it needs to stop :

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6924&sid=bcb6227317dd437a032e24dd8758d256

Seems it's more than just schooligans at it with Shels these days. Bad losers. You'd have thought you'd have got used to not beating City by now...

hoops1
25/10/2006, 12:33 PM
Hence my use of the word "perceived" in front of dubious...... :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike! Percieved dubious only by SK and the Derry support.

wws
25/10/2006, 12:34 PM
All clubs have been asked to provide training to all other cluibs......? :confused:

i meant they all steward in lansdowne

a lot of club stewards would be event controllers in the various stands on international days - co ordinating the security - i know the pats guy certainly has a hand in running things on the east stand

the volunteer stewards were even doing security for Leinster rugby at lansdowne

Jaime
25/10/2006, 12:57 PM
i know the pats guy certainly has a hand in running things on the east stand

And a fine job he does too. :D

wws
25/10/2006, 12:58 PM
he doesnt take any sh.t! :D

el punter
25/10/2006, 1:01 PM
RTE showed the goals and a few chances from last night's game on the 1 o'clock news this afternoon. You should be able to view it on the RTE website later today.

Aaron
25/10/2006, 4:38 PM
Raheny Red: Do you think lighting three flares is above the rules. No it isnt, its not allowed, hence the reason they were ejected from the ground. Do you call having your car scratched "SHELS" on it acceptable? I dont!! You lot need to accept that there are sections there hellbent on ruining the night. As for our stewards, they dealt with the situation well. If they want to act animals, they shud be treated like animals.

OneRedArmy
25/10/2006, 4:47 PM
2-0. McCourt. Probably going to be needed as Forde's having another nightmare.
.....those nightmare clean sheets indeed.
Change the record Stu, its getting old. We know you don't rate him.

pineapple stu
25/10/2006, 4:49 PM
It was relevant to the potential outcome of the game when I posted it. Don't see why it shouldn't get mentioned. I was listening on the radio and RTÉ singled him out a number of times. Not my fault if it happens every time. You may as well complain that I noted that Derry's lead was well deserved - same principle.

BohsPartisan
25/10/2006, 4:53 PM
It'll be sweet if they're level on points going into the last game of the season. Give us the chance to spoil Shels party! :D

lofty9
25/10/2006, 4:58 PM
It was relevant to the potential outcome of the game when I posted it. Don't see why it shouldn't get mentioned. I was listening on the radio and RTÉ singled him out a number of times. Not my fault if it happens every time. You may as well complain that I noted that Derry's lead was well deserved - same principle.

And point it out you may. He's had a bit of a nightmare this season. However, he produced a few quality saves over the season to keep us in as well. It balances itself out in the end. He'll come good with his kicking and distribution (hopefully)!

NavanBohs
25/10/2006, 7:21 PM
It'll be sweet if they're level on points going into the last game of the season. Give us the chance to spoil Shels party! :D

Would be nice alright, or else Shels lose the league by 4 points and end up getting the 3 points from our game at the end...

Raheny Red
25/10/2006, 10:47 PM
People thrown out merely for pointing and flag waving ?

Yes.

Raheny Red - I suggest you have a look on your club's own forum for numerous posts form Shels fans describing exactly what was happening and saying that it needs to stop :

I have read everything on the site. I am talking about the behaviour of the stewards.

Raheny Red: Do you think lighting three flares is above the rules. No it isnt, its not allowed, hence the reason they were ejected from the ground. Do you call having your car scratched "SHELS" on it acceptable? I dont!! You lot need to accept that there are sections there hellbent on ruining the night. As for our stewards, they dealt with the situation well. If they want to act animals, they shud be treated like animals.

Where did I mention flares? :confused: and the stewards were on power trips last night.

LukeO
26/10/2006, 12:37 AM

Yep and looking at the highlights on Sports Tonight earlier he nearly cost Derry two goals.

Aaron
26/10/2006, 7:10 PM
Where did I mention flares? and the stewards were on power trips last night.

You didnt mention it but i'm bringing it up. You seem determined to defend the scumbags who started the **** on tuesday nite, wot ur trying defend i dont know, there is nothin to defend. our stewards shud have dealt with the falres bit and thats their fault, dosnt make them the worst stewards or lazy cnuts!!

LukeO
26/10/2006, 9:26 PM
Is this the same RahenyRed who came onto the Bohs Message Board to lecture and preach to us about our Bebo schooligan problem?? You've some fúcking cheek and you've just shown yourself up to be a total and utter hypocrite. It's about time Shels got their heads out of the clouds and admitted they've a schoolie problem, at least we at Bohs have woken up to realise and have acknowledge the fact that we have a problem and are taking measures to bring it under control. Your own club would be doing well to take a leaf out of our book.