PDA

View Full Version : Rovers robbed by officials!

Calcio Jack
23/10/2006, 4:00 PM
The (so-called) independent arbitraitor has decided to turn down Rovers appeal and thus the 3 points deduction stays.

Whilst you might say I'm biased, this decision represents yet another notch in the catelogue orf errors that the joke shop that the powers that be regularily inflict on the clubs, players and indeed fans of the league.

Still all this will do is inspire the team to go and and win their five remaining games and lift the title . Of course then we'll all enter the twilight zone of the IAG.... interesting times ahead.

Finally to any league officials reading this... some time you might learn that it is a norm in business and indeed a comon courtesy to at least provide an explanation for your actions... a little less of the Stasi approach in the future.

NY Hoop
23/10/2006, 4:06 PM
So to summarise: CHF leave the league which is against league rules. All their players become property of said league then when they move to new clubs are not notified of any suspensions.

Club then plays player despite the player or club not knowing he is suspended and despite the club trying to contact the league.

3 points docked. Club then appeals this decision which costs €5000 and is then told points not returned.

Manager says on tv before all this that the league rule book needs tightening up. Because of this he then is fined €2000 and banned for 3 games for answering a question in a fair way:eek:

Any sane normal EL fan knows this is a joke.

KOH

Lim till i die
23/10/2006, 4:08 PM

It is indeed a joke

And to think I thought this was going to be another thread about the pitch in Kilkenny :eek:

JC_GUFC
23/10/2006, 4:12 PM
It's an open and shut case, and any other decision than reinstating rovers 3 points is a whitewash.

Having gone to 2 appeal processes, the latest one being an indepedent one, you surely have to question if it is.

Mr_Parker
23/10/2006, 4:19 PM
Will this be appealed to Fifa?

Sam Savic
23/10/2006, 4:22 PM
How can an appeal process be described as independant when it comes to its decisions behind closed doors and then offers no explanation as to how it came to that decision.

Even the gaa aren't that bad. Seems ridiculous that we pay 5000 euro to have the independant appeal and we don't even get an explanation. Someone must be making handy money.
I thought we had an excellent case. Would love to know why it was rejected.

Lim till i die
23/10/2006, 4:27 PM
Would love to know why it was rejected.

It's obvious there's a global conspiracy against your club

Their all out to get you......LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!!

BOO!!

A face
23/10/2006, 4:30 PM
Question is .... what will fans do to make sure it doesn't happen again, or at least register their dicontent.

gufct
23/10/2006, 4:34 PM
I think the big problem here is that Derry City got away with Hargans Case when they shouldnt have.If the new league does anything right it should be the rulebook and make it so watertight that we have no more appeals and threats of court cases.

pineapple stu
23/10/2006, 4:37 PM
Derry were right to get away with the Hargan case, by all accounts. They could actually prove in writing that the FAI had screwed up. Not so Bohs and Rovers, unfortunately.

Sam Savic
23/10/2006, 4:57 PM
Derry were right to get away with the Hargan case, by all accounts. They could actually prove in writing that the FAI had screwed up. Not so Bohs and Rovers, unfortunately.

Not quite right. Part of the Rovers appeal showed that the League fcuked up. That's why I'd love to hear the reasons for the rejection.

Dodge
23/10/2006, 5:37 PM
€5k to appeal!!!! WTF!?!? I presume if the appeal is succesful they'd have gotten that back.

Is anybody shocked by the FAI. They've ****ed every club in the country time and time again

hoopy
23/10/2006, 5:51 PM
Question is .... what will fans do to make sure it doesn't happen again, or at least register their dicontent.

Put it this way, I hope Lurch Delaney's in Tolka on friday

John83
23/10/2006, 5:56 PM
So to summarise: CHF leave the league which is against league rules. All their players become property of said league then when they move to new clubs are not notified of any suspensions.
I wasn't aware of that one. Can anyone confirm this? It would seem to suggest that Rovers actually had a strong case.

Club then plays player despite the player or club not knowing he is suspended and despite the club trying to contact the league.
That defense didn't work for Bohs, and clearly not for Rovers either. It shouldn't, because it would be open to abuse, but neither club should have been put in the situation they were either. It's madness to fine clubs when they've fallen foul of yet more poor communication from the league.

3 points docked. Club then appeals this decision which costs €5000 and is then told points not returned.
Seriously, what's up with the secrecy? Why is a document not produced, stating the ruling and the reasons for it?

Manager says on tv before all this that the league rule book needs tightening up. Because of this he then is fined €2000 and banned for 3 games for answering a question in a fair way:eek:

It seems that the FAI have become paranoid about criticism. I don't like this trend at all. It's not going to silence criticism either. The rules do need revision; the Dublin city bankruptcy highlighted a number of places where this was the case.

There's a summary of the Bohs, Rovers and Derry cases here (http://http://stigonline.com/league/league.htm), under "Diciplinary procedures". It's a little out of date now.

pineapple stu
23/10/2006, 6:13 PM
€5k to appeal!!!! WTF!?!? I presume if the appeal is succesful they'd have gotten that back.
You do, yeah. Still extortionate when compared to clubs' annual budgets. Basically means most of the league can't afford justice.

Not quite right. Part of the Rovers appeal showed that the League fcuked up. That's why I'd love to hear the reasons for the rejection.
Interesting. Was it in writing? If so, are Rovers going to take the case any further? Best of luck with it if so!

passerrby
23/10/2006, 6:17 PM
i dont know the rules but im guessing that the eircom league would be unable to issue a statement explaining what happened in a closed hearing without permission of all involved. if this is the case maybe rovers would like to issue a statement giving the reasons why there appeal was turned down, if they were not informed then it truly would be a joke,

Vitruvian Man
23/10/2006, 7:42 PM
Who is the independent arbitrator.

Somebody from within the FAI/EL or somebody from outside.

The answer to this question will go a long way for me to decide whether I think it is a scandal or not.

hoopy
23/10/2006, 7:58 PM
Someone from the world of Basketball

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2006, 8:01 PM
If you lodge an appeal and pay €5000 for it into the bargain, is it too much to expect a written explanation for why it was thrown out?

oriel
23/10/2006, 8:14 PM
Oh for goodness sake whats all the fuss about, even if Rovers come second they`ll prob still make the premier, also if you win on friday night you`re into the cup final, and if derry win on sunday you`ve made it to the uefa and setanta, stop whining, especially your mrs calcio !

Im just concerned that the competitive edge on the top of the table isn't lost with this weekends setback for Galway and Rovers, thats all I`m worried about........................

micls
23/10/2006, 8:18 PM
and if derry win on sunday you`ve made it to the uefa

Not if derry dont win the league they havnt....

ccfcman
23/10/2006, 8:19 PM
Rovers may want to take this case to UEFA?

kdjaC
23/10/2006, 9:17 PM
Rovers were screwed royally, some of their board and 1 player post/read here if they were to post similiar comments as to what Scully said would they get a fine and a ban?

kdjac

Aaron
23/10/2006, 9:35 PM
Rovers were robbed indeed. I said it before, if a teams results were expunged, then they are basically saying they didnt exist. So if they didnt exist, the players that played didnt exist. So how can they suspend a player who they say basically didnt exist and penalise another club for it? Sensless!! It will be now interesting to see if Shels are given the same verdict and get the points, that wud be wrong!!

DvB
24/10/2006, 7:53 AM
Might i point out that the 'independent' arbitrator was appointed by the FAI & the decision was communicated to them 48 hours before SRFC were informed. Seeing as it was SRFC that brought the case & paid for it i'm suprised at this sequence of events!

Having seen our case & the extent of the evidence put forward i have to say despite being extremely disappointed with the dismissal of the case it amazes me how an explaination as to how the decision was reached isnt given, completely unacceptable IMO!

Koh

Irish Fan
24/10/2006, 8:43 AM
Rovers were robbed! Its about time we all stood up to the Fai! Why did we ever agree to let these morans run this league!?!?:mad:

Calcio Jack
24/10/2006, 9:03 AM
Oh for goodness sake whats all the fuss about, even if Rovers come second they`ll prob still make the premier, also if you win on friday night you`re into the cup final, and if derry win on sunday you`ve made it to the uefa and setanta, stop whining, especially your mrs calcio !

Im just concerned that the competitive edge on the top of the table isn't lost with this weekends setback for Galway and Rovers, thats all I`m worried about........................

The real issue here is that a so called independent arbitrator has issued a decision without giving any reason for how she reached that conclusion.That IMO flys in the face of natural justice.

The other point to remember is that to quote the late great Frankie Byrne... "today's problem may not be yours but someday it might be.." in other words this process means that any club no matter how robust a defence it has could in the future suffer the same as us...

Finally less of the Mrs Calcio you cheeky git:)

fbtn
24/10/2006, 9:23 AM
Zero transparency and if it was as cut and dried as the powers that be make out, then surely they can give Rovers their findings.

Joke as usual.

TonyD
24/10/2006, 12:09 PM
Put it this way, I hope Lurch Delaney's in Tolka on friday

Come on now, be sensible. I mean what are the chances of that ?:rolleyes:
They're probably showing Man U's greatest goals on Sky.

shantykelly
24/10/2006, 12:22 PM
call me stupid, but does an arbitrator not have be an individual agreed upon by BOTH parties to the dispute? failing an agreement, an independent board usually appoints one.

holidaysong
24/10/2006, 5:43 PM
Great news indeed. You play a suspended player and you get a points deduction. Simple as that. :)

John83
24/10/2006, 6:04 PM
Great news indeed. You play a suspended player and you get a points deduction. Simple as that. :)
It really isn't.

holidaysong
24/10/2006, 6:09 PM
It really isn't.

No not at all but I don't really care that much. If I was in Rovers shoes I'd be raging!