PDA

View Full Version : News forums removed

dahamsta
03/10/2002, 11:44 PM
They weren't really doing anything for the site, so I've archived them and removed them from the menus. We'll introduce an alternative in the coming weeks.

adam

Xlex
08/10/2002, 10:18 AM
I quite liked the idea of fan's wiews on games on JW's old site, I think I'll start posting some again. To avoid cross referencing a URL on a secondary forum, is their anyway of posting a 'go to' URL where the supposed link would divert to the page rather than open a new window...

Éanna
08/10/2002, 11:06 AM
xlex, thats a disgraceful signature you have there!

btw, agreed, I thought the fansviews were great.

Xlex
08/10/2002, 11:08 AM
ask Sinéad... she translated it for me...

On the Fan's views... It would generate traffic... I mean with the exception of Hospitalpass pages, we need something as such... I would ask the powers that be to recruit people from each club to do so, each article can be used for Hospitalpass along with additional views on the club... There's not enough to just talk about... need 2-3 more clubs like Cork here...

Éanna
08/10/2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
well Eanna will you?? It was designed to catch your attention...:D
don´t be making it worse you revolting b@stard ya :p

dahamsta
08/10/2002, 11:14 AM
I quite liked the idea of fan's wiews on games on JW's old site, I think I'll start posting some again. To avoid cross referencing a URL on a secondary forum, is their anyway of posting a 'go to' URL where the supposed link would divert to the page rather than open a new window...

Not following you Xlex, can you explain a bit more, or perhaps give me an example?

Thanks,
adam

Éanna
08/10/2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
need 2-3 more clubs like Cork here...
of course ;)

Xlex
08/10/2002, 11:24 AM
ok adam... If I was logging into the net at home the last thing I would want is a new window popping up... If, I for example post a Fans View on the Longford Forum and post the link in the Drogs forum, any Drog who clicks that link opens a new window for that link.

In your memo, you don't want multiple posts across two forums. Is there anyway of posting the link of the original post in another forum and the link just diverts the page to the original post.

As (Super)Moderators, can we just apply the copy post feature for these proposed fans view only? Any replys from either sets of Fans would therefore be featured on both threads...

Am I confusing things??

pete
08/10/2002, 12:32 PM
:confused:

In its previous format the News section didn't seem to work as usually people discuss anything thats posted so better to post in relevant forum then.

Changing News Section to some sort of Fans match report section might work though but would as has been said obviously need some people from other clubs to post as well - too many domant sections at the moment.......