PDA

View Full Version : Bohemians & Rovers to sue the FAI

Counting Crow
03/10/2002, 10:27 PM
What a laugh!
The two of them are set to sue the FAI for loss of earnings as a result of having to play their Semi-Final on Sunday. What if City had to play on Sunday. We'd get naff all.

The word on the street is that the money they will loose as a result of the drop in "Big Issue" sales could cripple both Clubs. That, and the fact there won't be as many cars to rob outside Tolka Park - resale revenue taking a serious hit here.

Finally the protection money Rovers will lose ( you know the guys that "mind" your car when you're at the game ) could be quite substantial. Just in case any of you wondered, this is what the Board of Directors @ Rovers do on match day - they, obviously, have no interest in football.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was the FAI they were both suing ....... wait a minute I was about to say I agree with them. Oh my God I need to take my pills.
Now let me see, it's the Blue ones on a Thursday......!

Éanna
04/10/2002, 10:02 AM
See their statementon soccercentral. (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=8133&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes) They´re dead right.

Schumi
04/10/2002, 10:18 AM
Did anyone see the story on Aertel last night?

SHELS AND BOHS TO SUE FAI

Shelbourne Rovers and Bohemians are going to sue the FAI over the timing of their cup semi final

A new low?

pete
04/10/2002, 10:57 AM
Should be good publicity for the game (got top billing on aertel last night) but hard to see what else it can really achieve.

There does appear to be no reason why the game couldn't be on tonight although unlikely to affect sundats attendance by more than 2000 people?

Éanna
04/10/2002, 3:49 PM
The base facts are that the game was moved to sunday against the wishes of both clubs, on the premise that it would be on tv. The fact that this never materialised, and that the FAI have insisted on the game going ahead on sunday regardless, will mean a loss of revenue for both clubs and they are perfectly right to sue the FAI.