PDA

View Full Version : Driving directions

MariborKev
03/10/2002, 6:31 PM
Lads I am staying in the "Clarion Hotel, Morrisons Quay" tomorrow night but the directions for getting to it are non existent.

I will be driving- coming from the North, probably on the Mallow road so how do I get to the hotel from there?

Any help appreciated

joe
03/10/2002, 9:28 PM
a bit tricky to explain, but the hotel is in the middle of town

there's a bypass of blackpool now, which will bring you into town. you'll cross a bridge with the opera house straight in front of you -
turn right after the bridge. just past the opera house take a left (it looks fairly narrow, but it's alright). you're now on academy street, which is one-way, and will come to a set of lights. keep in the right hand lane and turn right onto patrick street. this road curves left onto the grand parade, keep in the left hand lane and go straight through the lights. this street curves left onto the south mall - keep in the right hand lane once you get this far. go straight through two set of lights (the second ones being pedestrian lights, with the imperial hotel on your left) and take the next right. you're now heading onto morrisons quay so start looking for a parking space. not sure if the clarion is left or right once you get onto the quay, but i'm sure you'll find it if you get this far.

sounds fairly difficult, but hopefully you'll make! as i said it's in the middle of town, so if you get stuck just ask a friendly local :D

Counting Crow
03/10/2002, 9:40 PM
See above directions until the road gets really wet.

Seriously though the Hotel is smack bang in the center of town ( not bad fo later on ).

It's on the river's edge paralell to The Mall. "Joe's" directions are pretty good - you should be OK.

Crowds meeting in any of the following pubs beforehand - Horseshoe, Turners Cross Tavern, Turners Beer Garden.....see you there beforehand.

Don't forget your Cork City jersey......!!!!!!!!

MariborKev
03/10/2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks lads,

That is super- will save me a bit of time when I hit Cork. I think all the Derry fans are heading for the Horseshoe before the game- as we have to be at the ground before 6.30 in order to buy our tickets

See youse all there!!!!!!

City till I die

Kev