PDA

View Full Version : 3 days to go, anyone getting nervous?

Counting Crow
02/10/2002, 9:59 PM
Well, just 3 days to go.

Are the doubts setting in?
What's the defence going to be like?
Will they cope with 2 speedy strikers?
It's going to be a long night!!!
How will the players cope with the atmosphere?
Will the younger players freeze?
Which way will the ref lean?

Oh, by the way these questions are aimed at you "Brandywellpride", not our City.
Cause I have no doubt.....the Southern City to win.

Just in case you thought I was going soft!

On another note, I agree with you on one of your earlier threads, both City's can show the "Hub Cap Collectors" from Duuuuublen what it's like to have REAL following.
The 2 best sets of supporters in the country should make this a night to remember.

See you in the Turners Cross Tavern @ 6.00pm - Call out my name and I'll identify myself.

MariborKev
02/10/2002, 10:39 PM
Yeah,

The nerves are setting in, but they are counteracted byt the "Wacky Races" atmosphere amongst the travelling fans as we pore over maps to try and outwit each other and be the first car/coach to hit Cork.

As for your questions

Doubts? What doubts- everyone together now "We are City, Super City, Derry City, from Brandywell"(tune of sailing"

If Pizza misses out the defence may have problems as out midfielder battler Doc will have to revert to full back and we will lose the "bite" in the middle of the park

We will cope with the strikers- we will haev to or there is no point turning up. However our defenders already know what to expect from the League game and we no longer have Darren Kelly

Unless Cork is in a parallel universe it will be the same length of a night throughout the island of Ireland

The players will have no problems with atmosphere- remember we were at this stage last year, youse haven't been there for four years. We know the pain of losing and so ready to ensure that we are not in that position again.

The yonger players WILL NOT FREEZE. They were all there last year and so know what a semi-final is like- remember we played "the BIG club" last year.

As far as I remember it is Hugh Byrne in the middle- well at least we can't blame the ref being from Dublin this time round.

Roll on Friday!!!!

Shed End John
03/10/2002, 10:34 AM
Now that there's only ONE day left to go, I have to say I'm as nervous as F***. Not for City, I'm sure they'll do a great job on the night, but.....it is a Cup semi and it's all on the night. The younger players will do just fine and the atmosphere will make WWII look like a social get together. So Come On City!

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
03/10/2002, 11:02 AM
The last two big games with capacity crowds at the cross were probably Rovers in the League Cup & Pats in the league on tv.

Both games had different outcomes yet i'm sure most people at them will probably remember both for the atmosphere irrespective of the results.

Even though we lost in the end that first 45mins playing into the shed against Pats (on tv) was possibly some the best atmosphere ever at the cross.

Éanna
03/10/2002, 11:32 AM
Yeah those were two magic games. When we scored against Pats i was somehow transported from the back of the shed to the front, and my feet hardly touched the ground- it was unbelievable! Couldn´t even get into the shed for the league cup game. Hope there´s more of same tomorrow!!!

Dricky
03/10/2002, 1:23 PM
Pat's game
woow what a crowd what a match and to be far to Pats the used to be able to play football, they made some comeback any neutral would have wondered why we don't always play like that in the el.

Those are the days when being a fan really pays dividends.

noel
03/10/2002, 6:49 PM
If the match is a draw , anyone know when the replay is on ?

Troy.McClure
03/10/2002, 6:54 PM
At a time that would suit Cork fans Im sure:p

joe
03/10/2002, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by noel
If the match is a draw , anyone know when the replay is on ?

thursay afaik

Counting Crow
03/10/2002, 9:32 PM
Derry have just announced that if the game ends in a draw on Friday night the replay will be @ 8.30 in the morning on Wednesday the 9th of October.
They have said they are doing this specifically for all Cork City sipporters to allow them get back early to Cork for tea.

It's thoughtfullness like this that ensures the two clubs remain the "best of friends".

COME ON CITY...........GIVE ME A WEEKEND IN DUUUUUUBLEEEN THE OCTOBER WEEKEND.......CAUSE I HATE JAZZZZZ.