Fri 10/11 - Cork City (Away)
Fri 17/11 - Bohemians (Home)

(3 Away, 2 Home)

League Form - WWDWDW

Derry City:

Tue 24/10 - Shelbourne (Home)
Fri 03/11 - Bray Wanderers (Home)
Mon 06/11 - Drogheda Utd (Away)
Fri 10/11 - St Patrick's Athletic (Away)
Mon 13/11 - Waterford United (Away)
Fri 17/11 - Cork City (Home)

(3 Home, 3 Away)

League Form - DDLWWD

---------------------------------------------

Six points up with one game extra played. Next Tuesday's game could hardly be bigger....

A Shels win in the Brandywell would all but secure Shels fourth title in six seasons, but a Derry win would guarantee the most exciting run-in since... well... last year!

I can see Shels picking up 9 points (draws against Derry, Sligo and Cork and wins in the two Dublin derbies) and ending up with 64 points...

Derry could beat Bray, Pats, Waterford and Cork, and then draw with Shels and Drogs to leave them with 14 points from 18, and 63 points.

That said, my calculations never go to plan, and thats why I'm not a gambling man.

Either way, we're guaranteed an exciting last four weeks, and a last day battle between Bohs and Shels, with Derry and Cork battling it out up north would draw massive excitement from fans and those with a passing interest alike. It might just kill me though. :)

Thoughts/predictions/hopes?

sfc red
21/10/2006, 8:56 AM
We've got Drogheda too.

bohsmug
21/10/2006, 9:32 AM
We've got Drogheda too.

It seems the Drogheda match is the "Dublin Derby" he's referring too. For what it's worth I think it's Shels title now. Derry with only 2 wins from last 8 league games (I think). It's not the form of champions and they look like dropping more points then Shelbourne at the moment. I hope Derry do beat Shels on Tuesday to keep the interest alive.

Rebal Boy
21/10/2006, 10:02 AM
If Derry do beat Shels on Tuesday I think its going to go down to the wire. I hope it happens the way it will be an exiting end to the season. Is this on TV does anyone know. Its a disgrace if its not. A game this big should defentily be live.

Mr A
21/10/2006, 10:03 AM
Tuesday night- Derry to win, but to have their entire squad sent off.

And all their backroom staff.

Anto McC
21/10/2006, 10:04 AM
Is this on TV does anyone know. Its a disgrace if its not. A game this big should defentily be live.

It's not on TV and yes it is a disgrace but what the hell,sure it's only the League of Ireland,who cares :rolleyes:

Mr A
21/10/2006, 10:05 AM
And their ballboys.

MrJoeSoap
21/10/2006, 10:18 AM
And their ballboys.

Don't forget the fans.

pete
21/10/2006, 10:56 AM
Shels have the advantage as have the points in the bag already. Always better than games in hand especially at this time of the year.

Shels definitely have the harder run in as no guaranteed 3 pointers. Derry on the other hand should expect to get 3 points at Bray, Waterford & Pats.

Its hard not to see it going down to the last day. Key games:
Fri 10/11 - Cork City V Shels
Fri 17/11 - Derry City v Cork City

I think Shels will win as most attacking threat. They have very good home record & have the ability to go away & attack. They also have the best record in the matches amoung the top 4 which is where title will be decided:
Derry 6 points from 6 games.
Shels 10 points from 5 games
Cork City 9 points from 6 games
Drogs 6 points from 7 games

Dr.Nightdub
21/10/2006, 11:47 AM
Everyone seems to assume Derry will beat us in Richmond, which they haven't looked like doing the last couple of visits, far from it. A lot depends on the outcome of next week's Cup semi - if Rovers beat us, then our season's over and we won't care enough to put it up to Derry. But if we beat Rovers, then Pats v Derry could well be a dress rehearsal for the final and psychologically, that's one we certainly won't want to lose.

MrJoeSoap
22/10/2006, 4:45 PM
Everyone seems to assume Derry will beat us in Richmond, which they haven't looked like doing the last couple of visits, far from it. A lot depends on the outcome of next week's Cup semi - if Rovers beat us, then our season's over and we won't care enough to put it up to Derry. But if we beat Rovers, then Pats v Derry could well be a dress rehearsal for the final and psychologically, that's one we certainly won't want to lose.

You mightn't want to pick up injuries either though. :)

mypost
22/10/2006, 6:02 PM
It's not on TV and yes it is a disgrace but what the hell,sure it's only the League of Ireland,who cares

Because the viewers can't stomach them two on the tele again for the fifth time this season. :eek: :rolleyes:

Derry were on tele last Friday, are on it next Sunday, and want to be on it again :eek: in midweek. If they want to be that greedy, they can negotiate their own tv deal, where all 50 of their games can be shown live on the box every year.

holidaysong
22/10/2006, 6:06 PM
Shels have it in the bag in my opinion. I can't see Derry beating them during the week.

dfx-
22/10/2006, 6:25 PM
Sh!te football it may be, but the First Division is more entertaining run in than any equivalent in the Premier...

The Sheliban
22/10/2006, 7:15 PM
Derry to win on Tuesday night thanks to an anti-Dublin ref and go on to nick the title by a point. Ollie goes to the European Court of Human Rights to try and get the three points for the Bohs game. He wins, Shels awarded the title, Derry complain of pro-Dublin judges in the Hague and are awarded rubber medals. The league descends even further into farce. Rico maintains that Cork are still the most attractive team in the country.

Aaron
22/10/2006, 8:45 PM
Rico maintains that Cork are still the most attractive team in the country

:eek: :D

MrJoeSoap
22/10/2006, 11:21 PM
Because the viewers can't stomach them two on the tele again for the fifth time this season. :eek: :rolleyes:

Derry were on tele last Friday, are on it next Sunday, and want to be on it again :eek: in midweek. If they want to be that greedy, they can negotiate their own tv deal, where all 50 of their games can be shown live on the box every year.

Too much eL on tv shocker! None of their European games were on Irish TV.

Its a 1st vs 2nd with 5 games left in the title race, of course it should be on TV.

Sheridan
22/10/2006, 11:37 PM
Should definitely be on TV, inexcusable that it isn't. I predict a draw, the two sides are pretty evenly matched (Shels have no balls and Derry have no brains.)

Aaron
22/10/2006, 11:39 PM
Should definitely be on TV, inexcusable that it isn't. I predict a draw, the two sides are pretty evenly matched (Shels have no balls and Derry have no brains.)

Canny wait now!! We are at full strength bar McHugh. Baz Molloy will be back in the centre of midfiedl, Paddy McCourts back and fit and Gary Beckett is back, great news!!

Wots Shels team news?

crc
23/10/2006, 12:34 AM
Too much eL on tv shocker! None of their European games were on Irish TV.
What you mean is Southern TV - three of the Euro games were on BBC Northern Ireland!

There have been a lot of Derry Shels games on TV this year and a few of them have been grueling battles (i.e. not 'attractive') and Tuesdays game should be the same. But for the football purist I think the psychological battles of the last few Derry-Shels games have been absolutely fascinating (even to non Derry or Shels fans), so I think that someone should show it. Incidentally, where are Setanta?? I thought this kind of thing would be right up their street. The other day I spotted St. Eunan's Letterkenny v Somebody in the Donegal GAA Ch'ship, surely Derry v Shels is bigger than that!

mypost
23/10/2006, 12:57 AM
Its a 1st vs 2nd with 5 games left in the title race, of course it should be on TV.

The only title race this year is on downstairs. Shels have won the other league.

dancinpants
23/10/2006, 4:24 AM
(Shels have no balls and Derry have no brains.)

POTM - purely because it came from an ex-fan of the ex-Home Farm. :D

The only title race this year is on downstairs. Shels have won the other league.

Yeah and what does winning the title gaurantee you? Oh wait...it means nothing.

MrJoeSoap
23/10/2006, 11:12 AM

Yeah, 6 points clear with a game extra played, and a game against Derry on Tuesday.

Its all sewn up...

Peadar
23/10/2006, 11:40 AM
If Shels are going to win it, then I want us to come second, Derry third and Derry win the FAI Cup. That would sort Europe out nicely for next season.
We've a great home record and the best defensive record but just aren't scoring enough so I think Shels could manage a draw at the cross. Think if Derry are still in with a chance on the last day, they'll get a draw against us.

pete
23/10/2006, 2:24 PM
Rico maintains that Cork are still the most attractive team in the country.

I couldn't comment on that myself. Maybe some of thew female eL fans would have an opinion?

EnDai
23/10/2006, 7:28 PM
Oh Rico! Rubs me up the right way, every time!

:eek:

micls
23/10/2006, 7:42 PM
I couldn't comment on that myself. Maybe some of thew female eL fans would have an opinion?

Well Danny Murphy and John O' Flynn would be pick of the bunch anyway..................If we were going by this shels would definately be relegated.

Some of their players give kids nightmares :D mentioning no names.....

I think shels will win it. Derry coming second and winning the cup is the best we can hope for IMO-guarantees us uefa.

I think shels will beat Derry tomorrow night. Derry's confidence is low, on a poor run of form and a lot of pressure on them. Would like to see an exciting end to the season though so would get interesting if Derry nick it.

mypost
24/10/2006, 2:19 AM
what does winning the title gaurantee you? Oh wait...it means nothing.

:confused:

MrJoeSoap
24/10/2006, 11:32 PM

You were saying... :rolleyes:

Réiteoir
25/10/2006, 12:28 AM
You were saying... :rolleyes:

There's a FIRST Division? :eek:

Never knew that

mypost
25/10/2006, 1:11 AM
You were saying

Shels are still top of the other league.

CollegeTillIDie
25/10/2006, 6:59 AM
There's a FIRST Division? :eek:

Never knew that

Quite clearly an Irish Times reader, cause it doesn't exist in that paper!:D

MrJoeSoap
25/10/2006, 10:16 AM
Shels are still top of the other league.

Congratulations, and Dundalk are top of the First Division by three points as well... is that also over? :o

I'm quite embarrased for you. :p

pete
25/10/2006, 12:54 PM
Quite clearly an Irish Times reader, cause it doesn't exist in that paper!:D

Even eL fans care little about the 1st division. Its somewhere fallen clubs do their penance before being let back into football society.

mypost
25/10/2006, 8:07 PM
Even eL fans care little about the 1st division. Its somewhere fallen clubs do their penance before being let back into football society.

They also don't care about clubs whose run-ins are meaningless. :D

Dr.Nightdub
25/10/2006, 9:36 PM
They also don't care about clubs whose run-ins are meaningless.

Cork v Shels second-last week of the season, Derry v Cork last day of the season. Meaningless? Ooops. Silly hoop..

mypost
26/10/2006, 2:09 AM
Meaningless? Silly hoop..

Correct hoop.

pól-dcfc
26/10/2006, 7:34 AM
Why does anyone listen to mypost? It's been proven beyond all doubt that he's a ballbag of the highest order. See his self indulgent, utterly pointless and inaccurate eL roundup thread...

pete
26/10/2006, 10:48 AM
Cork v Shels second-last week of the season, Derry v Cork last day of the season. Meaningless? Ooops. Silly hoop..

As i've said elsewhere those games will deicde the title. I think we can beat Shels even if not playing well but Derry away not so likely. Strange considering suits us that Shesl win the league.

Anyway i'd prefer to be battling for 3rd-4th in the Premier than 1st-3rd in the other division.

Schumi
26/10/2006, 12:55 PM
They also don't care about clubs whose run-ins are meaningless. :DLike yours? Promotion won't be decided on the pitch.

mypost
26/10/2006, 7:06 PM
As i've said elsewhere those games will deicde the title. I think we can beat Shels even if not playing well but Derry away not so likely. Anyway i'd prefer to be battling for 3rd-4th in the Premier than 1st-3rd in the other division.

If it was your club, what run-in would you prefer? Go for the league and cup double, or go to win a match or two?? No-brainer to me. :confused: There's not many trophies going for finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.

Why does anyone listen to mypost? See his utterly pointless and inaccurate eL roundup thread.

Another anti-mypost WUM. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, back to "that". The time "that" thread becomes "utterly pointless and inaccurate", is the time when I stop writing it...

...which won't be anytime in the immediate future.