PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night's Latest

Pages : [1] 2

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 7:29 PM
Dammit I've to rely on 'errortel' tonight has too many people are tying to listen to Galway Bay fm at once (damn Dundalk fans!!! :mad: )

So errortel has

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
Galway Utd 0-1 Dundalk 7.45
Flanagan 20
:(

Monaghan Utd 0-0 Finn Harps 8.00

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 7:32 PM
EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Cork City 0-0 Sligo Rovers 7.45

St Pat's Ath 3-1 Bray Wndrs 7.45
Murphy 18, 42 Georgescu 32
Molloy 29

UCD 0-1 Shelbourne 7.45
J Byrne 19

Waterford Utd 1-0 Longford Town 7.45
G McCarthy pen 26

Derry City 0-0 Drogheda Utd 8.00

oriel
20/10/2006, 7:41 PM
Im one of them, couldn`t get on it about 5 times, given up, gone to local radio now.Im even updating a dlk fan sitting in a internet cafe in bangkok -

galway 0 dundalk 1 ht

oriel
20/10/2006, 8:16 PM
75 Mins

Galway 0 Dundalk 1

Derry 0 Drogs 0 (65 Mins)

Cork 1 Sligo 0

Pats 3 Bray 1

Ucd 0 Shels 2

Wat`d 1 Long 1

Mons 0 F Harps 0

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:16 PM
FRIDAY 20 OCTOBER
Cork City 1-0 Sligo Rovers 7.45
Woods 70

St Pat's Ath 3-1 Bray Wndrs 7.45
Molloy 29

UCD 0-2 Shelbourne 7.45
J Byrne 19
Baker 52

Waterford Utd 1-1 Longford Town 7.45
G McCarthy pen 26 Byrne 59

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
Galway Utd 0-1 Dundalk 7.45
Flanagan 20

Monaghan Utd 0-0 Finn Harps 8.00

Cousins has made all 3 subs for united as they try to pull back the deficit

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:22 PM
united 0-2 dundalk

flanagan again

Mr A
20/10/2006, 8:28 PM
Harps 1-0 up in Monaghan through Walsh.

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:29 PM
Cork City 1-0 Sligo Rovers 7.45
Woods 70

St Pat's Ath 4-1 Bray Wndrs 7.45
Molloy 29
Quigley 72

UCD 0-2 Shelbourne 7.45
J Byrne 19
Baker 52

Waterford Utd 1-2 Longford Town 7.45
Kirby 76

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:34 PM
3-0 to Dundalk now .... Hughes this time :(

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:36 PM
Reilly gets one in injury time for United ... 1-3

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:38 PM
Result

Galway United 1 - 3 Dundalk

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2006, 8:40 PM
Cork City 2-0 Sligo Rovers RES
Woods 70
O'Donovan 87

St Pat's Ath 5-1 Bray Wndrs 7.45
Molloy 29
Quigley 72,
Roche OG 90
UCD 0-2 Shelbourne RES
J Byrne 19
Baker 52

Waterford Utd 1-2 Longford Town RES
Kirby 76

McHugh s/o 73

oriel
20/10/2006, 8:42 PM
Galway 1 Dundalk 3 ft

MAGIC RESULT FOR US - BACK ON TOP

Mr A
20/10/2006, 8:54 PM
Monaghan 0-1 Harps RESULT

Mr A
20/10/2006, 8:55 PM
Derry 0-0 Drogheda FT

Aaron
20/10/2006, 9:37 PM
Titles not over yet lads. Tuesday will be a decider. If we fail to beat Shels it will be.

dfx-
20/10/2006, 9:40 PM
Bray, if they really tried, could give Monaghan a game..

The worst game I've seen this season...and that's saying something.

Hibs4Ever
20/10/2006, 10:23 PM
Bray, if they really tried, could give Monaghan a game..

The worst game I've seen this season...and that's saying something.

Which game is that? The one with 6 goals in it???

Dodge
20/10/2006, 10:27 PM
Worst team I've ever seen. Without even trying we scored five

dfx-
20/10/2006, 10:28 PM
Yep.

Goals don't excuse the 'Premier' standard..the fourth goal was good, but it has to be taken into context of the game and the opposition.

Buile Shuibhne
20/10/2006, 10:51 PM
Pats are ****e - but bray are even ****er.

Derry have it all to do now.

dancinpants
20/10/2006, 10:55 PM
Pats are ****e - but bray are even ****er.

Derry have it all to do now.

But that gets to stay :rolleyes:

Réiteoir
20/10/2006, 10:57 PM
But that gets to stay :rolleyes:

Put a lid on it now

Fintan's post has some basis in fact - just look at the League table - Bray are lower that SP - therefore Bray are worse

As for your ramblings - no factual basis - if you are referring to the McHugh dismissal (which I expect you were) - he was sent on the advice of his Assistant - so it's on his report.

dancinpants
20/10/2006, 11:06 PM
Put a lid on it now

Fintan's post has some basis in fact - just look at the League table - Bray are lower that SP - therefore Bray are worse

As for your ramblings - no factual basis - if you are referring to the McHugh dismissal (which I expect you were) - he was sent on the advice of his Assistant - so it's on his report.

http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=5592

Some inconsistent refereeing first came to note when Farren was left on the ground after a poor challenge from Graham Gartland. Although Gartland appeared to catch Farren with both a high foot and a leading arm, not even a free kick was awarded

Before the hour Keegan would also pick up a booking after kicking the ball away after the whistle.... Discipline went out the window for a few moments as tackles flew in and Keegan was lucky not to follow McHugh off on 82 minutes after an awful tackle in midfield. Had he not been booked already, he would surely have seen yellow

Reiteoir, any chance you could just not assume?

Réiteoir
20/10/2006, 11:06 PM
lads what was the derry sending off for???????anyone actually know apart from dave and his mate

It was either for McHugh giving Gartland some kind of dig (which would be violent conduct) - or for something he said to him

dancinpants
20/10/2006, 11:07 PM
lads what was the derry sending off for???????anyone actually know apart from dave and his mate

The talk is that he may (or may not have...nobody seems 100% certain) that he elbowed yer man.

Réiteoir
20/10/2006, 11:10 PM
dp - watched the game myself - thought that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the referee tonight

Anyway - I'm not willing to get into any kind of argument - I have better things to do - lets just say - I do not care for posts insinuating bias, cheating by officials, conspiracies of a Capital nature, or other such nonsense - any posts I do see which have any of those elements WILL be binned.

dancinpants
20/10/2006, 11:14 PM
dp - watched the game myself - thought that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the referee tonight

Anyway - I'm not willing to get into any kind of argument - I have better things to do - lets just say - I do not care for posts insinuating bias, cheating by officials, conspiracies of a Capital nature, or other such nonsense - any posts I do see which have any of those elements WILL be binned.

That was my initial point Reiteoir, I wasn't insinuating bias - I was saying, IMO, it was another poor performance in the long list of poor performances ALL season in ALL games for ALL teams. Like the rest of you I couldn't be arsed going through the whole "bias" argument...I'm not one for flogging dead horses.

Réiteoir
20/10/2006, 11:17 PM
To digress generally - tbh - any kind of stuff like this comes from people who watch the game with an interest in one of the sides - you get a wholly different viewpont and outlook when watching as a neutral

dancinpants
20/10/2006, 11:25 PM
To digress generally - tbh - any kind of stuff like this comes from people who watch the game with an interest in one of the sides - you get a wholly different viewpont and outlook when watching as a neutral

Not necessarily, I'll happily admit that Drogs were victim to questionable "offside" decisions too.

But anyway, point taken...I'll move on.

And Fintan, Derry certainly have it all to do. I agree with CTID, a draw for Shels on Tuesday would almost certainly clinch them the title. Its gonna be some match.

pineapple stu
21/10/2006, 1:10 AM
Worst team I've ever seen. Without even trying we scored five
Have to agree. While trying very hard, we scored four twice. I mean, UCD...scoring four...?!?! :eek:

Drumcondra Red
21/10/2006, 8:01 AM
Derry certainly have it all to do. I agree with CTID, a draw for Shels on Tuesday would almost certainly clinch them the title. Its gonna be some match.

And yet the game isn't being televised!!! Unbelievable!!!

Anto McC
21/10/2006, 10:02 AM
Derry certainly have it all to do. I agree with CTID, a draw for Shels on Tuesday would almost certainly clinch them the title. Its gonna be some match.

I disagree,maybe i'm just being over cautious but having watched Shels all season and in particular our last 3 games,i think that even if we beat you on Tuesday,we will slip up in one of the other games and that it may go to the last day!

pete
21/10/2006, 11:14 AM
Only saw the 2nd half but though Drogs were terrible. You don't win anything with draws & Drogs are so negative its unbelievable. Even playing against 10 men they used counter attack tactic when they weren't killing the game in the corner flag. They finished the game with 6 defenders, 3 midfielders & 1 forward amoung their outfield players.

I thought Derry played a more controlled game than i've seen in the past yet few opportunities.

The problem with basic RTE camera work is no extra angles to see why player sent off. :rolleyes:

No idea how Keegan stayed on the pitch. :confused:

bohs til i die
21/10/2006, 2:14 PM
Only saw the 2nd half but though Drogs were terrible. You don't win anything with draws & Drogs are so negative its unbelievable. Even playing against 10 men they used counter attack tactic when they weren't killing the game in the corner flag. They finished the game with 6 defenders, 3 midfielders & 1 forward amoung their outfield players.

I thought Derry played a more controlled game than i've seen in the past yet few opportunities.

The problem with basic RTE camera work is no extra angles to see why player sent off. :rolleyes:

No idea how Keegan stayed on the pitch. :confused:

From what I saw of Derry they were very ordinary. They look a very tired team because of the fixture pile up [which isnt a case of being punished for being successful, its being punished for being stupid in July and August with your fixtures].

Derry looked over-prepared and over trained. Kenny may well be a good manager but its 2003 with Bohs all over again for Stephen Kenny.

Aaron
21/10/2006, 2:43 PM
From what I saw of Derry they were very ordinary. They look a very tired team because of the fixture pile up [which isnt a case of being punished for being successful, its being punished for being stupid in July and August with your fixtures].

Derry looked over-prepared and over trained. Kenny may well be a good manager but its 2003 with Bohs all over again for Stephen Kenny.

U obviously dont know much about football if u suggest we were ordinary last nite. From the vary start, we attacked weel only for Drogheda to defend well. It wasnt our best performance of the season but we were far from ordinary. As earlier pointed had it not been for questionable refereeing decisions then there wud have been a different complexion to the game. We are being punished for being successful, the league made us play a huge amount of games in a space of time, not many teams cud do that. If it was Shels in our position, he wud be up in arms about it and rightly so. The difference is we just get on with it and dont complain. We looked fresh last nite and up for it very much. Had it not been for dogged Drogheda defending, we wud have won that game

Celdrog
21/10/2006, 2:46 PM
The talk is that he may (or may not have...nobody seems 100% certain) that he elbowed yer man.

Belted him in the face and ran away. The linesman put his flag up as soon as it happened as he was looking at the pair of them. It also happened in front of the Drogs fans so we had a decent view.

About the only thing that linesman got right last night. His "offsides" were unusual to say the least.

bohs til i die
21/10/2006, 2:50 PM
U obviously dont know much about football if u suggest we were ordinary last nite. From the vary start, we attacked weel only for Drogheda to defend well. It wasnt our best performance of the season but we were far from ordinary. As earlier pointed had it not been for questionable refereeing decisions then there wud have been a different complexion to the game. We are being punished for being successful, the league made us play a huge amount of games in a space of time, not many teams cud do that. If it was Shels in our position, he wud be up in arms about it and rightly so. The difference is we just get on with it and dont complain. We looked fresh last nite and up for it very much. Had it not been for dogged Drogheda defending, we wud have won that game

1. You agreed to postpone a game 6 days ahead of your European tie with Gretna. You didnt have to agree to that.

2. Derry were one of the better teams to watch earlier in the season but last night they didnt know how to break down Drogheda. One good clear chance in 90 minutes is a poor return.

3. There was no questionable decisions by Dave McKeon last night. I didnt see the whole 90 minutes [saw about 70 minutes of the game] and he got everything pretty much spot on. Derry got very lucky with 4 offsides given against Drogheda. 0

4. Drogheda defended from 1st minute to last and Derry had loads of possession but it was all outside the Drogheda penalty area. Any team can look good with tons of possession but Derry did very little with it to trouble Dan Connor.

5. Derry havent just got on with it. There have been several newspaper interviews with Stephen Kenny were he claims Derry are being asked to undertake an unprecedented run of games [which is bullsh1t because Kenny landed Bohs with a much worse run in 2003 for the exact same reason]. If Derry had re-arranged the first postponement with Drogheda earlier during the summer and not agreed to postpone the game in August you'd have 2 less games to fit in. Thats down to the decison made by your manager and board. Not the league.

Poor Student
21/10/2006, 2:52 PM
Also, what do Derry fans want? There's so many games to be played in x amount of time. It has to be done. Why are you making it out like an injustice has been carried out against you?

Aaron
21/10/2006, 3:07 PM
3. There was no questionable decisions by Dave McKeon last night. I didnt see the whole 90 minutes [saw about 70 minutes of the game] and he got everything pretty much spot on. Derry got very lucky with 4 offsides given against Drogheda. 0

U r off ur rocker hi!! How can u say that, the decisions he made were scandelous. Rubbish officiating and his linesmen were just as bad. There were several decision i will point out he got wrong:

1: McHugh's sending off was a nothin incident. They both clashed and the Drogs player went down as if he was poleaxed. I was in line and seen it. The linesman obviously saw Gartland go down and assumed the rest.

2: The linesman gave and offside decision when our player was two yards on. Holmes was on the left hand side, lino wasnt up with play and he raised his flag when holmes got in behind defence ready to cross.

3: Linesman on opposite side gave and offside against Drogheda that was a mile on. I think it was Fitzpatrick who was through and lino gave offside. Never offside.

4: Inconsistent refereeing by McKeown. Drogs player nearly took Gareth McGlynns leg off and yet only gave a yellow catd. Was a disgraceful tackle, shud have walked. Same player kicked the ball away and didnt get booked even tho another Drogs player had got booked for same offence minutes earlier.

These are four points that changed the game in different ways. I really hope the refs are shown up for wot they really are, inconsistent and incompetant

bohs til i die
21/10/2006, 3:11 PM
U r off ur rocker hi!! How can u say that, the decisions he made were scandelous. Rubbish officiating and his linesmen were just as bad. There were several decision i will point out he got wrong:

1: McHugh's sending off was a nothin incident. They both clashed and the Drogs player went down as if he was poleaxed. I was in line and seen it. The linesman obviously saw Gartland go down and assumed the rest.

2: The linesman gave and offside decision when our player was two yards on. Holmes was on the left hand side, lino wasnt up with play and he raised his flag when holmes got in behind defence ready to cross.

3: Linesman on opposite side gave and offside against Drogheda that was a mile on. I think it was Fitzpatrick who was through and lino gave offside. Never offside.

4: Inconsistent refereeing by McKeown. Drogs player nearly took Gareth McGlynns leg off and yet only gave a yellow catd. Was a disgraceful tackle, shud have walked. Same player kicked the ball away and didnt get booked even tho another Drogs player had got booked for same offence minutes earlier.

These are four points that changed the game in different ways. I really hope the refs are shown up for wot they really are, inconsistent and incompetant

3 of those decisions were by the assistant referee's, not by the match referee. The assistants also got several offside decisions wrong which benefitted Derry.

McKeon may have got some decisons wrong but none of them were match altering decisions.

Aaron
21/10/2006, 3:21 PM
McKeon may have got some decisons wrong but none of them were match altering decisions.

Thought u said he got everything pretty much spot on!! He didnt, he was useless

bohs til i die
21/10/2006, 3:22 PM
Thought u said he got everything pretty much spot on!! He didnt, he was useless

pretty much everything ... the contentious issues you listed were decisions made by the assitant referee's. The referee acted upon information received from his assistant to send a player off. You cannot blame the ref for that

lofty9
21/10/2006, 3:26 PM
The referee last night was incompetant. On a number of occaisions he made blatent errors. The first I recall was the one in which Mark Farren was assaulted by Gartland - he didn't even award a freekick, never mind a card. Secondly, he didn't have the b alls to send of Keegan for his foul in the last ten mins after he was already booked. For me he gave a lot of strange decisions. The refereeing gets worse every week.

As for Derry looking tired, another load of crap. We missed Barry Molloy badly. Deery and Martyn were bullied by the Drogs midfield. Martyn hasn't had a good game without Molloy at his side and was rightly hauled off. I was talking to one of the suspended players last night and he said the squad was buzzing about all the games they had to play, so a pile up of games recently is no excuse, not that we need any.

WindmillWarrior
21/10/2006, 4:19 PM
First half was quite even I thought. No doubt about the 2nd half though! It was all Derry, albeit without creating f*ck all. In fact you could argue that we created the best chance of the game.

McHugh had to go though, it was an elbow, even a couple of Derry fans I was talking to on the way out agreed.

hoops1
21/10/2006, 5:17 PM
Why is it everytime Derry dont win its the refs fault?
McKeon done a decent enough job last night.
Drogheda were overly defensive and Derry didnt have enough to break them down
A draw was a fair result

Celdrog
21/10/2006, 5:28 PM

Probably because he was poleaxed. I saw it as well (as did the linesman). He belted him in the face ffs.

If you "seen" it then you need to visit This place (http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=39&pname=storepage.html&store=320)

hoopy
21/10/2006, 5:31 PM
Derry should ask themselves why some of their players can't pass a ball 10 yards or why, when another team matches them physically, they struggle. Watching the game last night I can understand why Derry fans are annoyed with the ref as we've all be in situations with our own clubs where we think the ref is totally against us, but Derry's lack of creativity will always hinder them when they can't bully teams

Aaron
21/10/2006, 6:10 PM
Derry should ask themselves why some of their players can't pass a ball 10 yards or why, when another team matches them physically, they struggle. Watching the game last night I can understand why Derry fans are annoyed with the ref as we've all be in situations with our own clubs where we think the ref is totally against us, but Derry's lack of creativity will always hinder them when they can't bully teams

I am not taking away the fact that we didnt create enuff chances to win and we didnt deserve to win on the basis of chances.

Why is it everytime Derry dont win its the refs fault?
McKeon done a decent enough job last night.
Drogheda were overly defensive and Derry didnt have enough to break them down
A draw was a fair result

When did i ever blame the ref for us not winning last nite? I never blamed the ref for us not winning, simply said he and his linesmen were inept to say the least.

Probably because he was poleaxed. I saw it as well (as did the linesman). He belted him in the face ffs.

If you "seen" it then you need to visit This place

It was a simple clash were the two of them were grabbing each others shirt, just that when McHugh grabbed Gartland he went down as if he was shot. It was the same last week when Connor was theatrical when Pizza was in his face but didnt touch him and O'Brein playing theatrics to try and get Sean hargan sent off shortly after McHugh went. Cheating b******s, unfortunately the linesman fell for this.

hoops1
21/10/2006, 7:43 PM
As earlier pointed had it not been for questionable refereeing decisions then there wud have been a different complexion to the game.

That complexion being?