PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Season

BrayUnknowns
19/10/2006, 12:41 PM
We all know that it has'nt been the best of seasons, but who do you think would sneak Player of the Season ? (can someone make this into a poll)

Chris O'Connor
Colm Tresson
Robert Doyle
Andrei Georgescu

I don't think anyone else could be really included ?

Hulsey
19/10/2006, 12:59 PM
Close call between Tresson, Franco and skippy, but I'd say Tresson shades it. Just too bad he's coming to the end of the line

BrayZil
19/10/2006, 6:01 PM
Daz definately gets my vote as he has been our most consistent player this year. My top 3 would be:

(1) Daz
(2) Franco
(3) Caffo

Eoingull
19/10/2006, 7:29 PM
I think Caffo has the potential to be Bray's best player, but there's only two contenders for me this year; Colm Tresson and Franco. I'll mull over my choice for another few weeks!

superfrank
19/10/2006, 8:27 PM
Daz or Franco.

Noone else comes close.

BrayUnknowns
20/10/2006, 8:45 AM
Think most of us are in agreement that it's either Tresson or Franco, still can't decide myself, maybe a few more matches will make my decision for me.

Any chance of the poll ?

jonboy
20/10/2006, 9:48 AM
franco's not a bad choice but remember he has only played about 10 or 11 league games he was left out by mcguirk for most of the first half of the season so i'd go with daz, when he plays we look like a very solid outfit

BrayUnknowns
20/10/2006, 10:41 AM
shame he is missing tonight !

Hulsey
20/10/2006, 2:17 PM
Daz definately gets my vote as he has been our most consistent player this year. My top 3 would be:

(1) Daz
(2) Franco
(3) Caffo

Agree with eoingull bout caffo having potential, but sometimes its hard to tell if he wants to fulfill this potential, well for us anyway

notever
23/10/2006, 7:38 PM
For me its Daz by a mile from Franco and O'Connor 3rd.

iancruickshank
23/10/2006, 11:07 PM
Franco, but a special award for tarzan O'Brien who is the player most likely to make things happen when he comes on, for the time he spends on the park he usually gets something, that could lead to a goal.

Eoingull
24/10/2006, 4:05 PM
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you about Tarzan, Ian...he's made a very positive contribution, and usually helps pick the team up. I love the energy and zest he still has for the game and Wanderers. Whatever happens to him in the future, I hope there's always a role for him at the club.

braysnumber1
24/10/2006, 6:09 PM
to be honest with you i will not vote for this award. i dont think anyone should, because i dont think anyone of the players deserve it. and i'm sure if you asked the players they will all say they dont deserve an award either ,for the way they've played this year. absolutly shocking all year

iancruickshank
24/10/2006, 9:19 PM
When a season has been as disappointing as this year, you can forget or be unaware of significant events. This season Franco was a goal short of breaking the record of consecutive goals scored in consecutive games. He equalled a goal a game for three games. I know goals have been a problem, along with other parts of the game, but we need to give some credit to some of the things that some of the players have achieved.

Hulsey
25/10/2006, 1:40 PM
No just achievements like that, but a thank you to the players who have tried at all times this year. Thats why Tresson gets my vote. He may have had 1 or 2 bad games, but has never given less than 100% for the team!

dublinwanderer
31/10/2006, 12:47 PM
to be honest with you i will not vote for this award. i dont think anyone should, because i dont think anyone of the players deserve it. and i'm sure if you asked the players they will all say they dont deserve an award either ,for the way they've played this year. absolutly shocking all year

i will not vote either

iancruickshank
31/10/2006, 2:29 PM
It's anyone's prerogative to vote or not. What you might be looking for though is introducing a new award called. "The player of the year, but only if the supporters feel that the players did enough to deserve being considered, award.

Stevo Da Gull
31/10/2006, 11:59 PM
a new award called. "The player of the year, but only if the supporters feel that the players did enough to deserve being considered, award.

That would look good on a plaque:D .

I'm not actually registered with the supporters club so I can't vote. If I could then Daz would be my first choice at the moment and with 3 games left I can't really see that changing, but If Franco scores 3 hat-tricks....

It is kinda depressing to cast your mind back over all of our games this season to pick a player but there certainly are players there who's efforts deserve more (just to be clear, I'm not saying we deserve to be higher up the table - I doubt you can find anyone who would argue with that), so I do think that the POTY award is relevant this year and not an achievement to be dismissed.

iancruickshank
01/11/2006, 11:43 AM
I'm with you Stevo, I'll vote for you in the SOYA. The Supporter Of the Year Award.

Stevo Da Gull
03/11/2006, 10:25 PM
I'm with you Stevo, I'll vote for you in the SOYA. The Supporter Of the Year Award.

I'm flattered:D but its probably best that there's not such an award, could you imagine the politicing on here:eek: .

According to the supporters club website,
``The Supporters Club Player of the year dinner dance will take place on Friday 24th November in the Glenview Hotel. More details will follow later``,
so all will be revealed then.