PDA

View Full Version : Viva Real!!

Shed End John
01/10/2002, 5:39 PM
I'm sure that by now all of you, including the dog on the street, know that Ronaldo is now a Real Madrid player. Which brings one question to mind, is there another team in the European Cup who has a chance in Hell of stopping Real registering their 10th title, and their 4th in 6 seasons?

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
01/10/2002, 6:07 PM
What is it about Real Madrid & their tendency to collect the biggest judases in football.

Figo & Ronaldo may be great players but no true football supporter can condone their actions.

Éanna
02/10/2002, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by pete
Figo & Ronaldo may be great players but no true football supporter can condone their actions.
Me a huge Real fan-have been for longer than I´ve been a city fan, but £igo´s behaviour in the way he left barca was awful. Obviously, glad to see Real signing great players, but I could never respect £igo for it.

As for ronaldo, I´ve read a few interviews with him since I´ve been over here and the reason he left inter is because he had a series of bust ups wth Hector Cuper and Massimo Moratti, it wasn´t for money or anything.

HALA MADRID- YA GANARÉMOS LA DECIMA (come on madrid- now we´ll win the tenth)

:D :cool:

brine2
02/10/2002, 9:53 PM
Valencia are nothing short of amazing.

Shed End John
03/10/2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

but £igo´s behaviour in the way he left barca was awful.

HALA MADRID- YA GANARÉMOS LA DECIMA (come on madrid- now we´ll win the tenth)

Fact is Figo knew nothing of his sale to Real until the contract was shoved in his face and he was ordered to sign it. Noyhing dishonourable about that or the way he kept his dignity on his return to the Nou Camp when the Barca 'fans' were so eager to lose theirs. Ronaldo was dead right to find another club when he wasn't happy at Inter.
Must agree with ya Eanna, HALA MADRID!!!

Murphy Out Now!!

pete
03/10/2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Fact is Figo knew nothing of his sale to Real until the contract was shoved in his face and he was ordered to sign it.

Do you think Barca would have sold him to Madrid? If a chairman sold him to Madrid he'd be linched.

Figo wanted out, bought out his own contract (clause when he signed initially) & then pretty much got signing on fee from Real Madrid to cover this. Whether they liked it or not Barcleona could do nothing to stop Figo...

btw its rumoured Rivaldo was let go by Barcelona as long as he agreed (maybe signed something) not to go to Madrid.

Shed End John
03/10/2002, 3:07 PM

Do you think Barca would have sold him to Madrid? If a chairman sold him to Madrid he'd be linched.

If the price is right politics doesn't even enter the equation. Juve sold Inzaghi to AC Milan, Fiorentina sold Baggio to Juve, City sold Woods and Cronin to Rovers + Coughlan to Bohs. Do I need to go on? What's so surprising about Barca selling Figo to Real? Also, chairmen on the continent are invariably majority shareholders in their clubs, so they are as good as immune to being linched.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
03/10/2002, 4:11 PM
City sold Woods and Cronin to Rovers + Coughlan to Bohs. Do I need to go on? What's so surprising about Barca selling Figo to Real? Also, chairmen on the continent are invariably majority shareholders in their clubs, so they are as good as immune to being linched.

Woods joined Rovers from Portadown i think, Cronin may in fact have been sold as had to move to dubland for work & Coughlan pretty much out of contract & a free agent.

I'm no expert on Barca but that clubs a sorta co-op member thing with 100k+ maybe voters. Chairmen get elected to their position by the ordinary members as its sorta of ego/prestige thing...

Shed End John
03/10/2002, 4:54 PM

I'm no expert on Barca but that clubs a sorta co-op member thing with 100k+ maybe voters. Chairmen get elected to their position by the ordinary members as its sorta of ego/prestige thing...

Don't think you're quite right on that one. After all, the Barca fans are such a fickle bunch that if they could use their vote like that Barca would have more chairmen in a season than Atletico Madrid have had managers in the last 10 years!

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
03/10/2002, 5:55 PM
Well the current Real Madrid chairman got elected cos he guaranteed he'd bring Figo to the Bernabeu.

Éanna
04/10/2002, 10:24 AM
Fact is Figo knew nothing of his sale to Real until the contract was shoved in his face and he was ordered to sign it.

Not true. Figo is perhaps the greatest Judas football has ever known.

What happened:
Figo wanted a new contract with Barca- i.e. more money. Florentino Perez needed/wanted to win the election for as president of Real. barca were stalling on Figo and Perez didn´t have a hope in hell of winning the election. Then Figo and Perez decided they might be able to help each other, and signed a contract saying that if Perez won the election, Figo would move to Real, and Perez promised then fans he´s personally pay all their season tickets if he didn´t manage to do so. Figo figured that the deal would shock Barca into giving him a better deal, and that Perez wouldn´t win, leaving him sitting on a better salary. It backfired, Perez won, and Figo HAD to move to Madrid. Real paid him a signing on fee with which he bought out his own contract at Barca and then moved to real as an out of contract player.

Agree with Pete, Barca chairman would have been lynched if he had actually sold Figo. As for Rivaldo, he was mulling over signing a pre-contract with Real in January and joining them on a Bosman, which is why Barca got rid of him.

Barca is owned by it´s members. In terms of presidents etc., they have elections every few years, with full-on media campaigns and everything. There are about 90,000 members AFAIK, but in most elections only about half that number bothers to vote.

As for the price being right- Gaz and Derek left city on free transfers, and Billy went to rovers via Portadown and tranmere. Only thing that compares to Figo going to Real might be Morley´s move to Shels. In italy it´s getting common for players to move from club to club every summer- it´s outta control now really.

Shed End John
08/10/2002, 3:39 PM

Not true. Figo is perhaps the greatest Judas football has ever known.

In italy it´s getting common for players to move from club to club every summer- it´s outta control now really.

Agreed, it's gone way out of control. Players are like bouncing balls or something. Footballs become a game of musical chairs transfer wise.
As for the Judas accusation. Figo is a Portugese with no natural (family, cultural etc) connection/affiliation with either Barcelona or Madrid. The Judas notion is only in the heads of those too stupid to realise that when push comes to shove soccer is just a game and no more. Rather than vilify, I prefer to salute Figo for his sublime skills and a footballing brain that only a few will ever possess.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
08/10/2002, 3:53 PM
As for the Judas accusation. Figo is a Portugese with no natural (family, cultural etc) connection/affiliation with either Barcelona or Madrid. The Judas notion is only in the heads of those too stupid to realise that when push comes to shove soccer is just a game and no more. Rather than vilify, I prefer to salute Figo for his sublime skills and a footballing brain that only a few will ever possess.

no way. there are things you do, and things you don´t do. leaving barca and going to real, is something you don´t do. he knew that he´d get the abuse when he did it,and he made the decision- tough SH!T Juda$.

BTW; Ronaldomania has really gone mad over here. The news on sunday showed footage of every time he touched the ball on his debut. the newspapers had 2 page spreads on his 14 touches of the ball complete with diagrams showing what he did on each of those occasions!!! It´s absolute madness!

On a less happier note, the Betis - Sevilla derby was marred by violence. A security guard was beaten with a crutch and got a broken nose and ribs, and a sevilla fan ran onto the pitch and slapped the Betis goalkeeper on the back of the head during the game. Cops were firing tear gas after the game, it was crazy

Shed End John
08/10/2002, 5:29 PM

no way. there are things you do, and things you don´t do. leaving barca and going to real, is something you don´t do. he knew that he´d get the abuse when he did it,and he made the decision- tough SH!T Juda$.

Says who? A player can do what he likes. He can move clubs, bitch about managers, chairmen, opposition fans etc. Course he knew he'd get abuse. But, at least in the way he's taken it he's kept his pride and dignity intact, unlike the Barca fans. Besides, you're a Real fan. You should be supporting Figo for what he is, someone willing to do his level best each game for Real (see him against Alaves-Magic!) and one of the three best footballers in the world.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
09/10/2002, 9:21 AM
I´ll never have any respect for a player who moves for money alone.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 11:35 AM
I´ll never have any respect for a player who moves for money alone.

Who says he moved for money alone? There is such a thing as winning trophies! He's already won a European Cup medal with Real. Can you seriously see Barca winning it anytime soon. Besides, money is a legitimate reason for moving. Players have a short career in which to secure their future, and then move on to the rest of their lives. Respect? You're either a Real fan or you're not.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
10/10/2002, 2:57 PM
You're either a Real fan or you're not.

Your "holier-than-thou" attitude is beginning to bug me. You are obviouly not content with questioing someone else´s credentials as a City fan in another thread, now you start questioning my attitude to Real. I´ve had a fondness for Real longer than any other team, it was the first jersey I ever owned, the first club I ever watched, so I AM a Real fan, and frankly I couldn´t give a rats @ss whether I meet your definition or not. I wouldn´t begin to compare my love of Real with my love of City, because City are my local team, Real are a mere sideshow in comparison, nor would I pretend to be a real Real supporter, like those who go home and away to all their games. But me liking a club does not have to mean accepting everything and everyone connected with them- by your definition of a "fan" many of us aren´t city fans, because we don´t like gunther :confused: :rolleyes:

Wise up and quit laying into people. :mad:

p.s. Figo has publicly admitted he moved for money

James
10/10/2002, 3:05 PM
Eanna OUT

spain loving... foreign club supporting MUPPET :)

brandywell here i come & city till i die

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 4:02 PM

Your "holier-than-thou" attitude is beginning to bug me. because we don´t like gunther :confused: :rolleyes:

Wise up and quit laying into people. :mad:

If MY attitude in a supposedly DISCUSSION forum annoys you, you can always f*** off out of it. Fact is I'm a MASSIVE anti-Guntherite myself and I'm NOT laying into people. I'm voicing my opinions on a DISCUSSION FORUM.
All I'm saying is you should show a bit more respect and appreciation for a man who is WITHOUT DOUBT one of the greatest players EVER in the Beautiful Game. No more, no less.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
10/10/2002, 4:20 PM
good thing you were never going on about american sport on this forum when you were in Boston then James isn´t it? :p like this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&postid=6807#post6807)

or this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2124&highlight=Patriots)

or this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1242&highlight=American)

:p ;)

Éanna
10/10/2002, 4:24 PM
If MY attitude in a supposedly DISCUSSION forum annoys you, you can always f*** off out of it.
Real mature. if everyone agrees, it´s not much of a discussion is it? I never said he wasn´t a great player, I just said I couldn´t respect someone who put making money over everything else. I´d be blind and stupid if I said he wasn´t a good player.

I'm voicing my opinions on a DISCUSSION FORUM.

And I´m voicing mine. Problem?

Fact is I'm a MASSIVE anti-Guntherite myself and I'm NOT laying into people.

Murphy Out Now!!!
I´d never have guessed :eek:

pete
10/10/2002, 4:34 PM
I´ve had a fondness for Real longer than any other team, it was the first jersey I ever owned...

:eek: :eek:

Éanna
10/10/2002, 4:58 PM
:eek: :eek:
Yup! No point in denying it :)

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 5:50 PM

Real mature. if everyone agrees, it´s not much of a discussion is it?
And I´m voicing mine. Problem?

Real (Madrid) mature, you mean? :p
I never said you had to agree with me in any way, just give Figo some ackknowledgement for the touch of class he is that most will never be.
Lastly, no I've no problem whatsoever with you voicing your opinions.
Still though, at least we agree on one thing:
REAL PARA LA DECIMA (REAL FOR THE 10th).

Murphy Out Now!!!

Xlex
11/10/2002, 10:15 AM

Still though, at least we agree on one thing:
REAL PARA LA DECIMA (REAL FOR THE 10th).

and that Murphy guy, tell me about him

:D ;)

Shed End John
15/10/2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Xlex

and that Murphy guy, tell me about him

:D ;)

OUT, OUT, OUT! The sooner the better for ALL concerned.

Murphy Out Now!!!

9pointdeduction
21/10/2002, 6:36 PM
I never said you had to agree with me in any way, just give Figo some ackknowledgement for the touch of class he is that most will never be.
Lastly, no I've no problem whatsoever with you voicing your opinions.
Jaysus boy your some tool like. In fairness, your just talkin crap all over the shop. When someone disagrees with ya u start layin into dem like

Shed End John
24/10/2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 9pointdeduction

Jaysus boy your some tool like. In fairness, your just talkin crap all over the shop. When someone disagrees with ya u start layin into dem like

Crap. I never have talked that and never will. It's not my problem if calling a spade a spade gets up other peoples noses.
Also, I don't "lay into people", I give a considered opinion and if people disagree I'll listen to what they have to say and speak back. That, I'm sure you'll agree, is the whole point of a discussion forum!

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!