PDA

View Full Version : Shelbourne appeal adjourned

soccerc
18/10/2006, 7:32 PM
The FAI Appeals Board has decided to adjourn, for further deliberations, the appeal by Shelbourne Football Club against the eircom League Protest Committee.

Raheny Red
18/10/2006, 7:36 PM
Same message just posted on the Shels site by Gar, The FAI Appeals Board will meet again at their earliest convenience.

dcfc_dee
19/10/2006, 8:45 AM
actually considering we are talking about Shels and the FAI/Eircom League, it was quite a logical step on their part. They will wait until after the Derry v Shels game next week to see what the result of that match is and then make their decision.

If Derry win - Shels gets the points or a replay - as they'll need it
If it's a draw - Shels gets the points or a replay - as they'll need it
If Shels win (had to laugh typing that one) - they will probably keep adjourning until Shels have the league won and then make the decision

As always, great timing by the FAI/Eircom League to bottle out of making a decision

Drumcondra Red
19/10/2006, 8:54 AM
DCFC Dee, I'm glad your so cockey going into the game... remember you've bootled it and are on a crap run, bar Sligo of course...

dcfc_dee
19/10/2006, 8:58 AM
DCFC Dee, I'm glad your so cockey going into the game... remember you've bootled it and are on a crap run, bar Sligo of course...

im not being cocky im speaking what most people possibly think is the truth

willymccann
19/10/2006, 9:42 AM
And I suppose the away win at Longford was also a flute - remember you lot drew with them the week before.

And are results against Shels this season have been OK. Played you 4 times in Tolka, won 1, lost 1 and drew 2, in the 2-2 draw we played the second half with 10 men and a striker in goal. Played you twice in the Brandywell this season, both 0-0, with us winning the League Cup on penalties, playing 20 minutes of extra time with only 9 men.

And considering that win you had against us in June was the first time you beat us in about 12 matchs, I think we have a right to feel we can get a result against you - and to be honest, I'd say Shels will be very, very lucky to get away from the Brandywell with a draw - if they do get a result fair dews to them - but I'm confident of a Derry win

pete
19/10/2006, 10:02 AM
Eventhough i suits me that Shels win the league (i feel unclean typing that) I think Shels getting the 3 points or a replay would be a disaster for the league. The fact that this hasn't been thrown out already is not a good sign either.

el punter
19/10/2006, 11:55 AM
The FAI Appeals Board will meet again at their earliest convenience.

Did anybody know this appeal was due yesterday, and can anybody here shed some light on when the earliest convenience of the board will be?

higgins
19/10/2006, 12:03 PM
I'd love to know the reason why the league can't hear the appeal!!
They seem to have had no problem hearing all other appeals this season..

Whats really going on ?

they don't have the balls to make a proper decision is my guess and are waiting on the result on Tuesday. It's a bit of a joke as the longer they leave it the less trust we can have that they made the correct decision.

If it happens after Tuesdays game I really hope they don't rule in Shels favour as regardless of the rights and wrongs it would make the league out to be a joke!

This should have been dealt with weeks ago.

Jaime
19/10/2006, 12:29 PM
They are clearly putting it off in the hope that the points won't matter. If Derry beat Shels next week, and Shels are put into a situation where 3 imaginary points could clinch the league for them, this could get very very messy.

pineapple stu
19/10/2006, 12:31 PM
The fact that this hasn't been thrown out already is not a good sign either.
I agree. Surely this is an open and shut case? There is no precedent in the league for getting a replay; in fact, there is precedent - invoked in part by Shels themselves - for the course of action the FAI took. End of story, surely?

Sniffer
19/10/2006, 12:45 PM
Another inept piece of administration by our beloved leaders; I imagine that they just called for tea and biccies, watched a couple of DVD's and agreed that they'd wait until after the Derry v Shels game. I am cringing with embarassment; these clowns are indefensible and are undermining any goodwill that our league is accumulating.

pineapple stu
19/10/2006, 12:49 PM
watched a couple of DVD's
This'd be the Manchester United season review DVD, I take it?

Sniffer
19/10/2006, 12:56 PM
Rumoured to have been two disputes - one about which biccies; Mikados or Kit Kats [ which sunk into the usual 'kit kat is a bar not a biscuit' territory] and the other concerned the Man U DVD as mentioned or a Liverpool one. An unidentified member suggested watching a recording of the League Cup Final which sparked huge guffaws and much spilling of tea.:)