PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Cronin's Fine and Ban

WeAreRovers
18/10/2006, 3:15 PM
Can't believe no-one's mentioned Garth Cronin's €1000 fine and a one-game ban for an poxy newspaper interview. Cronin said "We're all in the dark and it is a bit of a joke. The FAI have to tell us what is going on" That's it! What a joke.

Cronin was never sent-off in a 15-year playing career and yet these anonymous blazer-wearing ****s can do this to him. On top of Alan Matthews fine and ban (despite the hearing FAILING to find him guilty of the charge) plus Rovers farcical points deduction something has to be done about these people. Both the eircom League and the FAI. I hate them far more than I hate Bohs.

When the facts come out about our points deduction (and they will, have no fear) your previous disdain for these muppets will increase 100%. It's that shoddy and embarrassing for the league.

KOH

Schumi
18/10/2006, 3:18 PM
Complete joke but not particularly surprising.

your previous disdain for these muppets will increase 100%.I don't think that's possible.

Student Mullet
18/10/2006, 5:22 PM
An article in yesterday's Metro on this;

WeAreRovers
18/10/2006, 6:26 PM
I'm not sure that this is what WAR is referring to but this certainly increased my contempt for the FAI by at least 100%

From Mondays Indo

"
Rovers had three points taken from their tally as a consequence of playing former Dublin City player Paul Shiels in a match when he was due to be serving a suspension.

Despite the fact that the player was officially owned by the league itself due to the demise of the Vikings, the Hoops claimed that they had not been informed of Sheils's impending ban when they registered him. "

There's more, way more. Incompetent, lying, arrogant scum of the earth. And that's me being diplomatic.

KOH

Mental Man
18/10/2006, 7:06 PM
I just heard of the ban and to be honest i am shocked with it, seemingly you cant speak the truth now without the fear of a severe fine and a match ban , the w***ers that run this league are like the bleedin Gestapo, the club are gonna appeal the ban which they even regarded as totally crazy.
Gareth Cronin was a good player, tough but fair on the field and always spoke his mind and now is turning out to be a good manager, from speaking to him he is so passionate about the league but when he spoke the truth about how the league is being run this is what happens to him.
F**KING DISGRACE.

chippie0001
18/10/2006, 7:38 PM
When the facts come out about our points deduction (and they will, have no fear) your previous disdain for these muppets will increase 100%. It's that shoddy and embarrassing for the league.

KOH

Utter garbage, anyone who gas any time for these muppets now needs their head read anyway, for the rest of us our opinion is so low it can't go any lower. The FAI are clowns always have been and always will be yet our clubs all decided to get into bed with them. Says it all :rolleyes:

blue til i die
18/10/2006, 9:32 PM
i heard that it was also regardin comments he made after the controversity at the Bohs match!! tis aload of ******!!

DvB
19/10/2006, 7:57 AM
There's more, way more. Incompetent, lying, arrogant scum of the earth. And that's me being diplomatic.

KOH

Well having heard from our directors the case the EL put forward in the arbitration hearing i can honestly admit despite already having zero faith in either the FAI or EL i was still shocked by their incompetence, attitude & ability to just make stuff up as they go along to try & cover their tracks!

I'd be laughing only for the fact the whole league has signed up to administered by these people & their ilk for the foreseeable future!

Koh

Peadar
19/10/2006, 8:29 AM
I read Cronin's comments at the time and agreed with every word. It is a joke that the FAI haven't told everyone what's going on. We have to conclude that they don't know themselves what's going on.

manic da hoop
19/10/2006, 8:53 AM
If we hadn't 'signed up' to be run by the FAI, then who would be running the league for the forseeable future instead of them? Right now the league is being administered by what we refer to as the EL - not the FAI, or have they already effectively taken over the day-to-day running of the show?

dcfc_dee
19/10/2006, 8:59 AM
i cant see why he got such a big fine and a ban thats a joke

Dodge
19/10/2006, 10:00 AM
This is hardly news lads, every club (bar maybe Shels :D ) has been royally shated at one stage or another. In the registration fiasco (and before anyone starts I'm not saying Pats didn't deserve to lose the league, so don't start there) Roy Dooney's reort showed EVERY club had errors in registration. Rovers had a case the EXACT same as Pats (both players registered the same day ffs) and we were the only ones to get punished. To compromise Pats received compensation from the league (as well as other things) but they didn't announce that. I'm not trying too open up that debate, just giving another example of the league's undeerhandedness. They'll literally do anything to cover their own imcompetence

sadloserkid
19/10/2006, 8:28 PM
Hasn't John Gill expressed similar points like repeatedly in print during the course of the season? :confused:

DmanDmythDledge
19/10/2006, 9:25 PM
Hasn't John Gill expressed similar points like repeatedly in print during the course of the season? :confused:
Ye that's right IIRC.