PDA

View Full Version : Kilkenny City v Rovers

NY Hoop
17/10/2006, 10:56 AM
Lads am looking for a copy of Mud, Sweat and Jeers by Jim Rhatigan. If there are any copies would appreciate one this saturday.

KOH

Thanks

A face
18/10/2006, 11:37 AM
I want one aswell ..... if anyone knows where you can get copies of it will you please let us know. I know of a few people looking for this.

WeAreRovers
18/10/2006, 11:53 AM
Try the Kilkenny People. AFAIK either they published it or Rhatigan was editor or both.

KOH

A face
18/10/2006, 9:01 PM
Try the Kilkenny People. AFAIK either they published it or Rhatigan was editor or both.

KOH

I have never got a response from the Kilkenny People, Jim is gone from them now aswell.

steno
18/10/2006, 9:20 PM
Forgive me lads, but what is it?, a book?

A face
18/10/2006, 10:32 PM
Forgive me lads, but what is it?, a book?

Yeah, its meant to be a very good read, not just for the Irish game but football overall. Jim Rhatigan is a journalist for a few papers in Kilkenny and had written it a few years back.

steno
19/10/2006, 8:12 AM
Thanks A face, might have a look for that myself!

finlma
20/10/2006, 8:54 AM
Jimmy is the editor of the relatively new paper the Kilkenny Voice. You could try emailing them and asking Jimmy directly: info@kilkennyvoice.ie

He's a sound man - if you're down for a City game go into the Sceilp after and he'll probably buy you drink for the night if you tell him you want to read his book.

NY Hoop
20/10/2006, 11:13 AM
Jimmy is the editor of the relatively new paper the Kilkenny Voice. You could try emailing them and asking Jimmy directly: info@kilkennyvoice.ie

He's a sound man - if you're down for a City game go into the Sceilp after and he'll probably buy you drink for the night if you tell him you want to read his book.

Rang him already and he's away at the mo apparently. Where is the Sceilp?

KOH

finlma
20/10/2006, 1:04 PM
Where is the Sceilp?

KOH
Its the pub that people generally go to after the game and Jimmy is in there most weekends anyway. Its across from Hotel Kilkenny on the way out to Buckley Park.

A face
20/10/2006, 1:31 PM
Rang him already and he's away at the mo apparently. Where is the Sceilp?

KOH

Dead serious now ... .will you get a copy for me aswell ??

NY Hoop
20/10/2006, 3:06 PM
Dead serious now........NO:D

Ah the Sceilp is the one at the roundabout? Good boozer.

KOH

finlma
20/10/2006, 5:05 PM
Ah the Sceilp is the one at the roundabout? Good boozer.
KOH

Thats the one - my local when I'm back home.

NY Hoop
09/11/2006, 10:32 AM
Just finished it. Good read alright think he included all his friends in the book! Fair play to Jim a gent and true league man.

Great set up down there and a bar on the way too! Lovely:D

KOH