PDA

View Full Version : Season ahead

Gary
01/07/2001, 1:42 PM
As much as I'm not a fan of Gunther, I dont think it is a good time to let him go. Now we all know the problems of last season, and I don't think anyone would be willing to step into the breach just yet. Besides, if Gunther was to go now, who would the "board" appoint, Noel O Mahony probably! he is after all cheap and "knows Cork sport inside out".

I don't think we are in for a particularly great season, however I'm hoping that LM might push for the youth. After all he has brought through Carey, relied on Horgan and now seems to be bringing in Bennet, and maybe Damien O Rourke as well. On the down side he continually plays Hartigol and Jonny C, except for the last 2 games.

This post seems like I'm defending LM now, I'm not. I think his tactics will have us in a whole lot of trouble sooner rather that later. However I'm reckoning if he gives all the new lads a good chance, drops Daly, Coughlan, Hartigan and Caulfield we may do OK.

Devine
Carey, O Rourke, Napier, Horgan

Grady, Flanagan, Buckley, Ollie

Any two but Hartigan or Caulfield.

Thats my view for now.

If anyone has a spare shed ticket for friday, give me a shout please.

niamh
01/07/2001, 8:41 PM
Was talking to Liam Murphy after the Galway match towards the end of last season. He said he realised the club needs new players and that young players needed a chance, but then he said they have to be blooded in and that they needed wise heads around them to show them the way. What ever he may do wrong, Gary has a point in that no one in their right mind would take the job so soon after what they did to Mountfield. They need to leave the dust settle and then look. I think they know this as Murphy's contract is still only for next season...