PDA

View Full Version : No Favours from Athlone then...

gloryglorygufc
16/10/2006, 10:28 PM
Shamrock Rovers 2 - 0 Athlone Town
Myler 4
Kenny 22

Andy Myler scored against his former club for the first time this season as Shamrock Rovers eased back to the top of the eircom League, First Division, table.

Athlone’s 29-goal record scorer in a season five years ago, Myler led the way with Rovers’ opening goal after just four minutes to lay the foundation for a fifth win over the midlanders this year.

Danny O’Leary parried Myler’s initial header from David McGill’s free kick, but the Rovers’ striker kept his balance well to volley home at the second attempt.

A good advantage by referee Conor Fitzgerald allowed Tadhg Purcell skip clear onto Paul Gannon’s pass to square the ball for Ray Kenny to shoot home Rovers second goal on 22 minutes.

Conor H
16/10/2006, 10:32 PM
No but i'm sure the B team will give it 110% against us in 2 weeks!:mad:

dfx-
17/10/2006, 12:03 AM
If you lose to Athlone lads, you should worry...

JC_GUFC
17/10/2006, 9:55 AM
Went along for a look last night - got in and it was already 1-0.

Athlone looked completely uninterested but you know after rolling over to Dundalk and Rovers they will be well up for the game against us.

After Friday we have the easiest run-in of the 3 clubs, unfortunately with Rovers goals in the last week we'll need them to slip up. With Limerick and Cobh away and Harps at home it's not that's unrealistic.

NY Hoop
17/10/2006, 10:53 AM
Went along for a look last night - got in and it was already 1-0.

Athlone looked completely uninterested but you know after rolling over to Dundalk and Rovers they will be well up for the game against us.

After Friday we have the easiest run-in of the 3 clubs, unfortunately with Rovers goals in the last week we'll need them to slip up. With Limerick and Cobh away and Harps at home it's not that's unrealistic.

Is it true that you have seen Rovers more than Galway this season?:D

KOH

JC_GUFC
17/10/2006, 11:08 AM
Probably!

And I'm still trying to figure out how you're top of the league! :p

JW.
17/10/2006, 12:07 PM
Probably!

And I'm still trying to figure out how you're top of the league! :p
A general ruthlessness against the poorer teams. They've scored once against us in four games and that was because of a terrible mistake. Scully has them very fit though and organised.

NY Hoop
17/10/2006, 12:09 PM
A general ruthlessness against the poorer teams. They've scored once against us in four games and that was because of a terrible mistake. Scully has them very fit though and organised.

Nail on the head there.

What is certain is that it will be a hell of a finish.

BTW didnt see you in Galway the other week!?

KOH

JW.
17/10/2006, 12:13 PM
Heh KOH, to be honest I'm not sure who you are..
I was at the Rovers game alright, didn't go out after it though.
Should be some finish alright!

corbyeire
17/10/2006, 12:26 PM
going to a fecking wedding in italy - booked flights 6 weeks ago - saying surely its not going to come down to the away game in kilkenny

well what do you know - may have to cancel me flights...

some tight finish to the league

JW.
17/10/2006, 12:50 PM
Wedding, bah!

GUISAUltra
17/10/2006, 3:32 PM
part time supporter:D:D:D

corbyeire
17/10/2006, 10:35 PM
no more than yourself ...

GUISAUltra
18/10/2006, 11:20 AM
theres nothing part time about me

corbyeire
18/10/2006, 5:48 PM
so your insinuating the same about me with one game...surely youve missed one!

GUISAUltra
18/10/2006, 9:08 PM
i was only slagging with ya mate as you were supposed to see by the 3 big grins after it. :D i'll be honest with ya. i've missed 5 games this year home and away, 2 of those were to dundalk with no buses going and 2 were to cobh with no bus. i only missed the one game where there was a bus

corbyeire
18/10/2006, 11:23 PM
i was doing quick replys where you cant put in the emoticons - i was slagging you too...:confused: :eek: :D

GUISAUltra
19/10/2006, 10:11 AM
sound man. hey forget about it and lets just worry about dundalk this friday and getting three points

corbyeire
19/10/2006, 12:19 PM
hopefully - gufc tony cousins barmy army ahhhhhhhhhhh!