PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsense

Paraic
16/10/2006, 4:24 PM
Adam

you or others may be able to give some tips here - (then again you may want to delete this thread as I'm a competitior on the google front)

I've recently put up google adsense on the sligo rovers site and it's nicely clocking up a fistful of dollars.

I'm wondering what's the best way of maximising the revenue. I have the ads on the inside pages but the revenue varies considerably from day to day and there doesnt seem to be much consistency between clicks and spondulics.

any advice other than getting friends to click feverishly for the bit ored?

thanks
Paraic

dahamsta
16/10/2006, 5:01 PM
Some people get obsessed by fine-tuning and twiddling Adsense and SEO Paraic, but I'm not one of them -- I've found that when I do twiddle with them I just screw things up, so I generally let them be and hope that they generate enough dosh during the month for a few pints (they always cover my costs, thank god). Sorry!

adam

Paraic
18/10/2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks Adam

the only twiddling i did was excluding a couple of the dating sites (official club site and all that). Apart from that it's strandard. It's a nice little earner for little or no effort. Unfortunatley the revenue goes to the club / to cover website costs and not pints !

John83
18/10/2006, 12:23 PM
There's a Google group where they post tips and the like here (http://groups.google.com/group/Inside-AdSense). You can subscribe to it to get emails. You can see the frequency of posts yourself - maybe 3 a week.