PDA

View Full Version : Irish Captain

cavan_fan
16/10/2006, 2:41 PM
A rival website (ok eleven-a-side.com) are running a poll to see who should be Irish captain. It worries me that 2.8% of those surveyed think it should be John O'Shea. I feel we are suffering enough.

Irish_Praha
16/10/2006, 2:43 PM
A rival website (ok eleven-a-side.com) are running a poll to see who should be Irish captain. It worries me that 2.8% of those surveyed think it should be John O'Shea. I feel we are suffering enough.

They were the votes casted by the odd Czech, German and Slovack fans who stumbled upon the site. :p

Dawn_Run
16/10/2006, 2:45 PM
Ah he's probably voting for himself, wouldnt worry about it. For me anyway it would be between Dunne or Given, and based on his leadership in the Czech game - Carsley.

Kingdom
16/10/2006, 2:59 PM
We had a thread on this before and I'm sure the concencus were against Keane as captain. I am. Let him concentrate on scoring goals. The responsibility should go to a centre half/ centre-mid or someone who is clearly a leader.
I plumped for Dunne previously because I'm against Keepers as captains as quite often they've long spells out of games or too far away from the action regularily. We, however, don't have someone reliable, so Given is the automatic choice.

youngirish
16/10/2006, 5:31 PM
Stan and John Delaney are voting no doubt to soften us up before letting that rock fall on us.

I would consider Finnan as an option for captain btw in the absence of anyone else.

macdermesser
17/10/2006, 8:37 AM
short term Carsley .. just to ensure that he starts in all the games .. don't have another player in the team like him .. Kavanagh is probably past it and would never be an automatic starter.

not going to happen though. probably a pointless discussion as Stan is stubborn (although the sudden inclusion of Carsley looked like pressure being brought to bear) and will not change Keane as captain for the foreseeable future

Emmet
17/10/2006, 10:21 AM
I've thought about Finnan as well actually - I think he is too quiet though. Very very good player who will rarely let you down but zero leadership qualities. If it was down to me the captain would be Given - no question.