PDA

View Full Version : Steven Reid out for season?

mjpcc
16/10/2006, 1:57 AM
According to the gossip section on the BBC web site

Sunday's football gossip

Blackburn midfielder Steven Reid could miss the rest of the season with a stress fracture in his back. (The People)

Is there any truth in this?

theworm2345
16/10/2006, 3:06 AM
According to the gossip section on the BBC web site

Sunday's football gossip

Blackburn midfielder Steven Reid could miss the rest of the season with a stress fracture in his back. (The People)

Is there any truth in this?
If definitly looks as if he aggravated it, as his original return date was October 14th, and now there is "no return date" This would obvoiusly be a huge blow for Wales and Slovakia

Dallasirish
16/10/2006, 3:19 AM
Saw this on BBC earlier today --- another injury for staunton to deal with. Wish Steven reid all the best and hope he recovers fast. It may cement lee Carsleys role in the team which in my opinion is not a bad thing at all. Its just a pity how its happening.

antrimgreen
16/10/2006, 8:51 AM
Carsley should be starting regardless who's fit (in my opinion). By far the most determined player in the 3 games to date (in my opinion).

Stuttgart88
16/10/2006, 10:42 AM
I said this before I heard Reid was long term injured, but I thought Douglas' performance almost means the position is his to lose for now. Steven Reid has yet to put in a performance as good as Douglas' in my opinion, though on club showing he's capable of more.

shakermaker1982
16/10/2006, 11:10 AM
A loss but we have adequate cover in Carsley, Douglas and A Reid.

mjpcc
16/10/2006, 1:01 PM
It is a shame. He has a physical presence we are lacking and have been lfor a while now.

The ppor guy has been so unlucky with injuries.

Stuttgart88
17/10/2006, 12:10 PM
out until mid february according to bbc

Billsthoughts
17/10/2006, 12:45 PM
had his chance and blew it. no way should be considered an automatic first 11 choice.

brine3
17/10/2006, 12:50 PM
i don't think steven reid has ever really been given a proper chance in the ireland team... against germany he was moved out to the wing so kilbane could anchor the centre with o'shea. he was a victim of one of stan's tactical meltdowns. he didn't do too badly really, all things considered.