PDA

View Full Version : Big Derek still a corkman

Ali-G
27/09/2002, 10:18 AM
Saw Derek Coughlan at the Frank & Walters in the Savoy last night. This just proves he is still a huge city fan, he's just in a state of denial. I was going to break his legs, but my girlfriend reckoned he wasnt worth getting my new runners all dirty. So I gave him an evil stare instead.
I remember the sultans of ping concerts years ago. They would let you in free if you wore a city jersey. And the tickets had printed on them "No Bohs or Rovers fans"

Éanna
27/09/2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Saw Derek Coughlan at the Frank & Walters in the Savoy last night. This just proves he is still a huge city fan, he's just in a state of denial.
Judas b!"%& :mad: Wait til he comes down the cross :D

pete
27/09/2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
So I gave him an evil stare instead.

Did you get one back? derek does a mean evil look.

:eek:

Éanna
27/09/2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by pete
Did you get one back? derek does a mean evil look.

:eek:
specially when he has his collar up

niamh
27/09/2002, 1:57 PM
Would yez leave the poor guy alone! He was not the greatest defender ever, so things can only improve.

Éanna
27/09/2002, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by niamh
He was not the greatest defender ever, so things can only improve.
Yeah ok but seriously- there´s a huge issue at stake here. Derek´s gone. Deccie ain´t gonna be round much longer. Who´s gonna hoof it then :eek:

Hecko
27/09/2002, 3:44 PM
None of us know too much about Andrews - maybe that's what he's for:confused:

razor
28/09/2002, 7:38 AM
He only went and got the winner for Bohs last night

Éanna
28/09/2002, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by razor
He only went and got the winner for Bohs last night
yeah, according to soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie) the goal "capped a fine display" by him. Meanwhile we were throwing our title hopes away down the road against Pat Fenlon´s geriatric army :mad:

niamh
28/09/2002, 10:47 AM
Decy did alright last night considering it was his first start of the season. We've now got the players up front, if the club manages to hang onto them. The centre of defence needs attention now.

It will be hard for the team to win anything if they play and defend like they did last night. Derry are playing better these days and the match on Friday will need a good perform for the entire 90 minutes.

City were destroyed in the opening half an hour or so. They were lucky not to be at least 2:0 down early on.

Éanna
28/09/2002, 10:58 AM
It will be hard for the team to win anything if they play and defend like they did last night. Derry are playing better these days and the match on Friday will need a good perform for the entire 90 minutes.

nah, sure we´re at HOME to Derry, so we´ll crack out the usual display, beat them and liam will give out about being criticised by the neanderthal types known as fans :rolleyes:

OUT OUT OUT:mad:

niamh
28/09/2002, 11:08 AM
Hope so. Was disappointed to see Gunther didn't talk to TV3 after the match last night. Ah well. Will have to buy a paper to see his wise words of insight.

Éanna
28/09/2002, 11:46 AM
Was disappointed to see Gunther didn't talk to TV3 after the match last night.
they probably told him they only wanted to interview him if he had insightful comments to make and not more flimsy excuses :rolleyes: