PDA

View Full Version : 11 a side v Boards.ie, 29th October

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdjaC
15/10/2006, 6:37 PM
Mentioned this a while ago about playing a foot.ie select :)

If possible would foot.ie be able to get 11 to play us(boards.ie) in DCU sports grounds on sunday 22nd of October or 29th between 3 and 5 on an 11 a side Astro pitch.

kdjac

padjoe
15/10/2006, 7:53 PM
i wouldn't mind that. i cant do next sunday but i can play on the 29th. fellow foot.ie i'm a ****e poster but i am an ok goalkeeper that and i have plenty of time to kill. anybody else up for this? it would be a cracking entertainment

superfrank
15/10/2006, 8:46 PM
I'd be up for it. Maybe some other memebers of the ill-fated foot.ie team would be too.

kdjaC
15/10/2006, 9:25 PM
2 down 9 to go :D

We had same issues lots of talk and posts about setting one up, then we met and trained in pheno...actually history is here http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boardeaux

Our league starts Nov 5th, lost our 2 freindly games so far, have jerseys and a squad of 20ish players who paid in advance.

League is www.astro.ie should foot.ies team get together :)

kdjac

padjoe
15/10/2006, 10:12 PM
that's legend we dont even need jerseys we just need white t-shirts or something. come on surely we've enough in dublin.

Anto McC
15/10/2006, 10:16 PM
I'm in and i'd say Drums red will play too,as well as another Foot poster who doesn't really post too often!

padjoe
15/10/2006, 10:21 PM
aido b would jump in as well i'm sure

kdjaC
15/10/2006, 10:27 PM
I have a set of bibs you can use.

This is where an organiser posts and says "yes i will organise a team" :)

Be an hour game 30 mins per half 11 is fine but a few subs would be handy. Rules No Offside and No slide tackles (1st one is league and 2nd all astro pitches have that one)

/me looks at padjoe for organiser person job thing :)

GK Padjoe
LB AntoMc Cb Drums red CB ANother RB Aido B
DMF Superfrank

kdjac

padjoe
15/10/2006, 10:31 PM
I have a set of bibs you can use.

This is where an organiser posts and says "yes i will organise a team" :)

Be an hour game 30 mins per half 11 is fine but a few subs would be handy.

/eme looks at padjoe for organiser person job thing :)

kdjac

Dont look at me. i have only 101 posts. i'd say superfrank or anto are the men for the job. i aint much of an organiser. but sure i'm sure someone will jump in at some point. i'll be at dcu for the game though.

dahamsta
15/10/2006, 10:32 PM
102 now, which I'm pretty sure is the qualification point. :)

padjoe
15/10/2006, 10:33 PM
102 now, which I'm pretty sure is the qualification point. :)

i dunno i'l need commitment from everyone who says they are going to be there. i'm not doing this to stand on my own in goal and take a beating. actually dahamsta should be in chrage aint he the godfather of foot.ie

kdjaC
15/10/2006, 10:38 PM
actually dahamsta should be in chrage aint he the godfather of foot.ie

Considering its vs Boards.ie he may well instruct you to wear spiked boots and go for the tender parts :p

Pitch is booked from 3-5 for the next 2 weeks, bus stop right outside from City Centre so handy to get too.

kdjac

padjoe
15/10/2006, 10:41 PM
Considering its vs Boards.ie he may well instruct you to wear spiked boots and go for the tender parts :p

Pitch is booked from 3-5 for the next 2 weeks, bus stop right outside from City Centre so handy to get too.

kdjac

ah yeah you might want to stay posting here till then cause you know how these go pear shaped.
dahamsta is the steve staunton of the operation

kdjaC
15/10/2006, 10:46 PM
You would probably get a team out of this, league we going into is still looking for teams (pay in advance is handy ensures commitment).

Can put you down for 29th @4pm play for an hour.

Manager Dahamsta
1. GK Padjoe
2. LB AntoMc Cb Drums red CB ANother RB Aido B
3. DMF Superfrank

5 more :D

kdjac

LeixlipRed
15/10/2006, 11:20 PM
Just seen this now. I could play on 22nd but not on 29th. And Anto and DR are rubbish lads ;)

padjoe
15/10/2006, 11:47 PM
I was thinking of saying the commitment in advance thing too but sure we'll see how this turns out first. i cant play next sunday because my club are in the county final and win or lose it'd be the session of a lifetime. def in for 29th. if we get a team people can jump on board after that

padjoe
16/10/2006, 12:04 AM
right we'll give it a go. if any one is interested in representing foot.ie and can be available on the 29th for an hour send me announce your availibility here and your position and then private message me. if you cant make it closer to the day then tell us.

Drumcondra Red
16/10/2006, 10:49 AM
I'm not around on the 29th, but I am on the 22nd... Watch your mouth LR!!! You can take me right out of that CB position too

Bluebeard
16/10/2006, 11:34 AM
Another game! Sign me up. After our close run contest with a far superior Dutch side, I'll be up for it once more, if I'm let. Preferably midfield (inside right?), as everyone now knows I'm muck at centre-half.

padjoe
16/10/2006, 12:01 PM
how about playing two legs. whoever who can play on sunday 22nd play then and sure then they can turn out plus those available the following week

padjoe
16/10/2006, 3:30 PM
Alright everyone we have been challenged to a game by boards.ie for either Sunday 22nd or sunday 29th october in DCU. need a squad of players to line out preferably for the 29th. we have five so far see 11-a-side thread i dont know how to do links so this is going to have to do. they will supply us with bibs if we can supply the players to win this much anticipated battle. if we got a could turn out maybe we could enter ourselves in the astro league. any way if your interested declare it and pm me for availability etc.

kdjaC
16/10/2006, 4:33 PM
how about playing two legs. whoever who can play on sunday 22nd play then and sure then they can turn out plus those available the following week

Good idea, we may have a game for sunday 22th not sure right now.

If you can confirm you will be there by morrow evening we play you twice :D

kdjac

padjoe
16/10/2006, 4:51 PM
i wont be there this weekend due to commitments in cork!! so far not many people have jumped in but there is still time.mi'm just giving the option to people who want to play both or one of the games.

Anto McC
16/10/2006, 6:20 PM
Numbers don't look to good do they?

LR,no need for that,i walked everyone of the park in the Shelsweb game and was Man of the match for the foot.ie team,in our game against the Dutch :)

superfrank
16/10/2006, 6:38 PM
After our close run contest with a far superior Dutch side, I'll be up for it once more, if I'm let. Preferably midfield (inside right?), as everyone now knows I'm muck at centre-half.
I think alot of us were caught out that time, BB.

I'm not 100% certain I could make it on the 22nd. 29th would be a lot better for me. I don't know exactly yet.

Put down in the team anyway. Midfield or upfront. The other lads will tell you I'm **** at tracking back.

steno
16/10/2006, 7:24 PM
Lads if you are still looking for players I would be up for it. Haven't played since I broke my wrist though so don't know if I am much use. :o

Can do the 22nd, not sure about the 29th yet but will have a better idea later on in the week.

Drumcondra Red
16/10/2006, 7:28 PM
Well what if the 22nd was switched to a 7 a side if the numbers are that bad???

aido_b
16/10/2006, 7:29 PM
aido b would jump in as well i'm sure

Yeha lads im defo in, can only make the 22nd though but any other dates after that im defo cool with! And as padjoe will tell ya im a rubbish defender! ya can stick us up front!

kdjaC
16/10/2006, 7:52 PM
Well what if the 22nd was switched to a 7 a side if the numbers are that bad???

Its only monday a lot of foot.ie users probably havent seen the announcement, distinct lack of pats fans involved :D

We have a big squad and most will turn up giving us 18ish players on the 22nd or 29th so we cool either way.

We've tried this before but it probably wasn't advertised widely enough, so let's try again: Click below if you'd like to play in a nasty, vicious, evil, dirty game of football against our mortal Internet enemies, Boards.ie.

heheehhe Bring it biatches :D

kdjac

theworm2345
16/10/2006, 9:52 PM
Alright everyone we have been challenged to a game by boards.ie for either Sunday 22nd or sunday 29th october in DCU. need a squad of players to line out preferably for the 29th. we have five so far see 11-a-side thread i dont know how to do links so this is going to have to do. they will supply us with bibs if we can supply the players to win this much anticipated battle. if we got a could turn out maybe we could enter ourselves in the astro league. any way if your interested declare it and pm me for availability etc.
I obviously wont be able to make it to play or watch (I am 6'4", so I perhaps could have been some help), so will someone film this?

padjoe
17/10/2006, 12:57 AM
can we focus on getting players for the 29th cause i want to play. i know that sounds childish but i'm drunk at present. so what have we got a goalkeeper, two defenders two midfielders and a striker. aido you were the journalism power house

Block G Raptor
17/10/2006, 8:36 AM
Count me in
I'm not great but I get stuck in

Drumcondra Red
17/10/2006, 8:48 AM
As I said I'm not around on the 29th, but entry to an astro league sounds interesting...

elroy
17/10/2006, 9:03 AM
I'd be interested.
Not sure if I'll be around the 29th either (bank hol wkd so any chance they might put it off till the following week?)
but would be very interested in an astro league team as well.

onenilgameover
17/10/2006, 11:38 AM
2 down 9 to go :D

We had same issues lots of talk and posts about setting one up, then we met and trained in pheno...actually history is here http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boardeaux

Our league starts Nov 5th, lost our 2 freindly games so far, have jerseys and a squad of 20ish players who paid in advance.

League is www.astro.ie should foot.ies team get together :)

kdjac

I play in div 1 of that league for chicane wheels and thinking about playing for standard life (div 4) who need players. What league are u in?

I'd be able to play on the 29th but not the 22nd. Can whoever's organizing this pm me and I'il give ye me number....

is it the pitch beside the esso garage on the ballymun road?
(beside tenis courts)

Drumcondra Red
17/10/2006, 11:45 AM
Somebody said the week after the 29th?? Is that possible?

padjoe
17/10/2006, 1:16 PM
ask kjac i think is his name. he's booked the pitch but i think he said they are opening their league campaign the next weekend. if people want to join for a league in D4 then we've to make a move on registration see astro.ie

seansouth
17/10/2006, 1:22 PM
Hi,

I'm the manager of the Boards.ie team.

We'll be playing in the Sunday Men's Astro 11-a-side starting on the 5th November.

So the next two weeks are for Friendly games. The lads on my team would really like this game to go ahead, so would I tbh, so come on lads, get a team together :D

green-blood
17/10/2006, 1:35 PM
yeah

go on, will drag the brother along as well, need to know dates asap though

Anto McC
17/10/2006, 4:57 PM
I'll play one or two games but i won't be able to commit on a permanent basis,as reagrds to the astro league!

steno
17/10/2006, 5:01 PM
Would be interested in astro league as well. Could go there from work.

Won't know about the 29th until later next week.

dfx-
17/10/2006, 5:52 PM
I can turn up on the 29th, but certainly only as a keeper in a playing capacity. Incidentally, if I did get in goal, I'd be looking for a bit more success than in the international friendly:o :D

kdjaC
17/10/2006, 6:00 PM
is it the pitch beside the esso garage on the ballymun road?
(beside tenis courts)

Yup thats the one.

we dont have exact number on our league atm.

So 29th is open to foot.ie (can a mod edit the title please)

kdjac

LeixlipRed
17/10/2006, 8:25 PM
well if its on 22nd someone pm me when you know. I'll undoubtedely forget about this thread

aido_b
17/10/2006, 10:54 PM
Lads just on the topic of playing a bit of ball, if anyones playing in a team that needs a striker (me) and/or a keeper (padjoe) let us know because from speaking to him we're looking to get back into playing a bit of regular football. The astro league looks well good!

superfrank
18/10/2006, 2:01 PM
Count me in
I'm not great but I get stuck in
Yeah and you were lucky not to be sent off against the Dutch lads....

Congrats on the baby by the way, BGR.

Block G Raptor
18/10/2006, 2:02 PM
Cheers mate

kdjaC
18/10/2006, 8:52 PM
Game?

kdjac

aido_b
18/10/2006, 8:54 PM
well im around to give boards.ie an ass kicking on the 22nd and any other date after that except for the 29th!

padjoe
19/10/2006, 11:08 AM
Game?

kdjac

These are the numbers so far from looking back through the messages on this post. And here is what is available for the 22nd and 29th. I was thinking seeing as boards.ie have such a large panel of players that they might just incorporate those for Sunday 22nd for a friendly game amongst yourselves. A game is a game. And then I am confident of getting players for the following week but again maybe we could borrow players at the end of the day we all just want a game of ball and this way the astro doesn’t go to waste. What do you think?

This is what we have for 22nd

Aido B
I suppose Superfrank*
Drums Red
Leixlip Red

This what we have for 29th

Padjoe
Superfrank
Anto MC
Bluebeard
Steno*
Block G Raptor