PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Germany B at Dalymount

Noelys Guitar
15/10/2006, 12:36 AM
The B international against Scotland has reminded me of this game. We scored in the last minute to win 1-0. Our first team against their B team. Anyone else remember this game? It was around the late 70's. Some moron right in front of me threw a whisky bottle at the German goalkeeper. Don Givens picked it up and threatened to come up and sort the clown out. Can't remember any Gardai being involved.

geysir
15/10/2006, 11:53 AM
I don't remember it. What ticked off your memory? Scotland - scotch - whiskey - bottle.

Superhoops
15/10/2006, 1:07 PM
The B international against Scotland has reminded me of this game. We scored in the last minute to win 1-0. Our first team against their B team. Anyone else remember this game? It was around the late 70's. Some moron right in front of me threw a whisky bottle at the German goalkeeper. Don Givens picked it up and threatened to come up and sort the clown out. Can't remember any Gardai being involved.
Played on 11 March 1975. Jimmy Conway scored the winner.

Team: Paddy Roche, Joe Kinnear, Mick Martin, Eoin Hand, Tony Dunne, Noel Campbell, Gerry Daly, Liam Brady, Steve Heighway, Ray Treacy, Don Givens.
Subs: Terry Conroy for Treacy, Jimmy Conway for Campbell, Miah Dennehy for Daly.

Germans arived expecting to play a B team, found we were playing our first team. Was listed as B international, but was upgraded several years later and caps were awarded.

Noelys Guitar
15/10/2006, 2:37 PM
I don't remember it. What ticked off your memory? Scotland - scotch - whiskey - bottle.

Actually was a little infleunced by Mr Power last night. Thank you Hoops for the full record. Was Conway at Fulham then?