PDA

View Full Version : Bray v Cork live on TG4

CollegeTillIDie
13/10/2006, 8:03 PM
Well played Bray tonight. Winning 2-0 as I write this post. Great value for it.
Your new centre-back has been really good. Andre Georgescu is on fire.
Keep it up.:ball:

tippex
13/10/2006, 8:50 PM
The lads done great tonight I'm still in shock.
The kids really stood up well.

If only we played like that for the whole bloody season.

thedoyler
13/10/2006, 9:35 PM
The solution that ive been saying for weeks for our defensive woes was used tonight, no mcgovern! I know he was injured, but surely, surely someone will see that he isnt up to standard this time, as he plays week in week out and he' just ahhh....i cant say for fear of this post being edited! Very very spirited performance, best one ive seen all season, and in front of the cameras too, im over the moon, i cant say any more im too happy!

Eoingull
13/10/2006, 9:43 PM
Man, I can't believe that result...and after all the rubbish I've watched in recent weeks. What are the odds...the first home match I miss this season...? Well done Wanderers!

iancruickshank
13/10/2006, 10:40 PM
If we could put in a regular performance like that, we deserve to be with the best of them. The lads showed no fear, went to challenge every ball, solid in defence and mid park, stood their ground, tried to play passing entertaining stuff up front and got what they deserved. Great to be back. For what ever reason they all looked sharper in their thinking and movement to the ball. Eoingull, sorry you weren't here, look forward to the next one.

superfrank
13/10/2006, 10:54 PM
Brilliant performance by the lads. Great spirit and determination. You could see it in the way they stuck with their marker and closed down quickly. Great free-flowing passing movement too. It was ajoy to watch.

And of course, the three aren't so bad either......

Well done lads. You should be very proud. And Skippy "Laoch na hImeartha".

Green&whitearmy
13/10/2006, 10:57 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! Great atmosphere, what a night!!!(even with a drum breaking apparently) Great performance by everyone, the two up front played well together. O'Shea and Broderick. I'm still in shock. Hope its as good next week. C'mon da wanderers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superfrank
13/10/2006, 11:12 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! Great atmosphere, what a night!!!(even with a drum breaking apparently)Yeah the lid was loosened after "enthuasiastic" drumming. Was fixed though. I can't wait to see Grasshopper's face. He's going to go mad that he missed the match and everything else.

Hulsey
13/10/2006, 11:34 PM
Best home result since Bohs at the end of last season and grasshopper missed that too. Last ever in the shed and all.:D

Seagull
13/10/2006, 11:54 PM
What a night- this made the season for me. Where's Brayunknowns tonight- Gormley out??? After that turnaround, he has to be given a contract. The Cork crowd singing 'we want seven' before the game started, bring on the next Friday the thirteenth! Eddie Gormley's green and white army. Thanks to the players, the management for giving us something to shout about. :D

Stevo Da Gull
14/10/2006, 12:13 AM
Unbeleivable stuff tonight, brilliant football match, I thought some of our passing was just superb and the defending was as good as anything as I ve seen from us. Skippy - Laoch is ea an focail ceart de anocht, bhí sé ar fheabhas agus táim ar bís de. Well done Chris, you were fantastic and deserve the "Laoch na hImeartha" award, I'm delighted for him! (thats not a direct translation btw). Mind you, who did'nt play brilliantly tonight?! Thank you to all involved - nights like tonight are the one's that go in the memory vault and I'm definately glad I had it taping at home and you can be sure I wont be taping over that anytime!

Poor attendance tonight and we were slow to start off with the singing but judging by the fact that my voice is gone I reckon we were ok, on the whole I reckon that that tonights been a pretty good night (understatement of the century).
I know that this is a forum and people are entitled to their opinion but I thought that some of the stuff posted on here this season has been over the top - I suppose in most cases you could argue that it shows how much these people care about the club if its getting them so f'n angry - tonight is a night where we can all thankfully go to sleep smiling.

So much I want to say but I cant put it into appropriate words. So I'll just limit myself to: YEAH, WE WON, BLOODY AMAZING STUFF, I'M GONNA WATCH THAT TAPE TEN TIMES THIS WEEK. that is all for now. As thedoyler said, i cant say any more im too happy!

Stevo Da Gull
14/10/2006, 12:15 AM
Keep it up.:ball:

Cheers for the well-wishes, I'm drooling thinking of us keeping that sort of performance up so we'll just go one game at a time. But before I start thinking about Pats next week I think I'll just enjoy this for a bit;)

lowflyingseagul
14/10/2006, 9:29 AM
i'm not sure where that performance came from but it was fantastic. man of the match was Ivory who put in some superb tackles. the 2 boys up front worked their socks off. even tyrell played well. WE WANT SEVEN

centre mid
14/10/2006, 9:34 AM
What can i say.................

centre mid
14/10/2006, 9:34 AM
..............well played Skippy

Cabinteelygull
14/10/2006, 10:40 AM
Great result, great performance, and a nice highlight to a very bad season. I think maybe the idea of being humiliated live on TV gave the lads a bit of a kick up the backside. Well done again to Ivory, O'Connor and Gorgescu to name but a few who were outstanding.:cool:

CollegeTillIDie
14/10/2006, 10:45 AM
Cheers for the well-wishes, I'm drooling thinking of us keeping that sort of performance up so we'll just go one game at a time. But before I start thinking about Pats next week I think I'll just enjoy this for a bit;)

You're welcome, we like having our local rivals in the same League as us. Derby games are usually close affairs between the sides our two home games against yiz this season excepted!

I hated the fact the City fans were chanting "we want seven "before the game even started. Was so chuffed when you beat them... on that basis alone they deserved a comeuppance, but your lads played very well tonight in fairness.

wanderette
14/10/2006, 1:57 PM
The scottish man with the bray scarf in front of me chanting "we want seven" just after our second goal was my favourite part of the match :D

fan_1
14/10/2006, 5:45 PM
great team performance last night. thought we defended well reduced them to a lot of long range shots . our 2 young strikers done very well . much better than recently thought tyrell worked well on the left aswell

micls
14/10/2006, 7:00 PM
Fair play lads. Ye palyed out of ye're skins, really wanted it.

Obviously gutted in our performance but yer lads deserve great credit-well done

iancruickshank
14/10/2006, 7:59 PM
The scottish man with the bray scarf in front of me chanting "we want seven" just after our second goal was my favourite part of the match :D It was one of my favourite parts as well. Gods Blessing from the Scottish man with the Bray Scarf

Hulsey
15/10/2006, 10:14 PM
It was one of my favourite parts as well. Gods Blessing from the Scottish man with the Bray Scarf

The way we'd been playing it might well have been gods blessing!!!

BrayUnknowns
16/10/2006, 8:54 AM
Let's not get to carried away boys and girls ! Lets see how we cope away to Pats next weekend........

We played well but on another day, and even though they played really really bad by there standards, Cork could have beaten us by a few. It's not often that i can praise him, but O'Connor played quite well, some very good saves. Ivory was again excellent, some vital tackles.

It was good to see our youth being given a real chance, our team had 6 players Under the age of 21, shows how much good work Finno and the lads have been doing over the last few seasons.

Have to say though i'm absolutely delighted that we all but ended Cork's title challange, especially after the disprspect there fans showed by singing we want 7 before the match had even kicked off. Feels so sweet.......

Hulsey
16/10/2006, 11:00 AM
Lets hope they learned a lesson in respect. Bet some of their players were expecting an easy game aswell. Nice to see the arragant b@stards leave with their tails between their legs though :D , and they even had to walk by us :p .

BrayZil
16/10/2006, 6:14 PM
I think Cork turned up thinking they had the game won before it had even started. Great performance on Friday night. The lads played really well, worked hard and fully deserved the 3 points. I was very impressed by some of the younger lads. Ivory & Broderick in particular. Lets hope for a similar performance on Fri.

superfrank
16/10/2006, 6:32 PM
In all fairness to the lads, I think the performance might make people think we are better then we actually are. A lot of the lads gave it their all on Friday night and as much as id love it, I don't think they can go out and do that week in, week out.

Also, Pats will be aware of how we played. They know now that we'll be up for it and they'll have more drie then the Cork lads did on Friday.

I'm very happy with the result but let's not get too carried away. People have said Cork turned up thinking they'd won already last Friday, well our lads can't make the same mistake. Though I'm sure Eddie will have this pointed out to them.

notever
16/10/2006, 8:36 PM
this was Bray's best performance for a long long time, dare I say, it was almost worth waiting for.It was great to get a performance like that when the cameras were there.It has given us all great hope for the future, but we need another performance like that next Friday, here's hoping .Well done to all the young lads, we had five players in the starting line-up aged 21 or under, so well done to all.here's to Friday night ,keep it going Eddie & co. ;)

iancruickshank
16/10/2006, 9:01 PM
The way we'd been playing it might well have been gods blessing!!!
You never know. Last week a priest from Holy Redeemer joined the chaplaincy team of the Wanderers. Looking forward to the game against St. Pats hope the same Bray Wanderers team turns up. Agree with all that's been said, they were brilliant, it will be good if the lads can show the same confidence, and determination for more than just one game, that's the hard bit, being consistent.