PDA

View Full Version : You Decide

Éanna
26/09/2002, 9:59 AM
Ok. Enough talk. Throw your ideas up here.
I´ve been very nice and put in an option to hang to His Royal Anti-Tacticness, if some of you so chose.

patsh
26/09/2002, 10:08 AM
Whitney Houston's husband for me, I think........:D
or A. N. Other, that guy who's been around for ages....

Éanna
26/09/2002, 10:09 AM
By the way, if you´re going to vote for "other" can ye post who that "other" is, please?! Cheers

Éanna
26/09/2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
If a voice can carry from the Burger Van to the pitch, Pat Dolan's name could be added...
I reckon Dolo would be a great manager for City, but no way he´ll ever leave Pats, so no point in thinking about it

Troy.McClure
26/09/2002, 10:52 AM
Id go for A.N.Other but Im screwed if I can think who. Not Rico anyway. Im surprised that you didnt put Liam Buckley there aswell, lots of people wanted him and he'll be free soon enough :D Also Patsy should be a contender, thats how Gunter got in after all

Éanna
26/09/2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Im surprised that you didnt put Liam Buckley there aswell, lots of people wanted him and he'll be free soon enough :D
3 or 4 months ago, he´d have been in there, but not with the way he´s done at rovers.

Troy.McClure
26/09/2002, 11:23 AM
He did it to Pats, he did it to Athlone and he's doing it to Rovers now. Rovers should have had more sence and I think that Brian Lenox not stupid enough to have him.

pete
26/09/2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
3 or 4 months ago, he´d have been in there, but not with the way he´s done at rovers.

I don't he'd ever have been suggested as almost no one seems to rate him cos he inherited the Pats league team he won the league with... Has done nothing besides one good league winning season with Pats.

mouldymurphy
26/09/2002, 12:20 PM
id say bring back dave!

A face
26/09/2002, 12:29 PM
to keep him .... 'cos i think he is great. :D

Gary
26/09/2002, 6:29 PM
Derek Mountfield.

Éanna
26/09/2002, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Derek Mountfield.
OI! YOU! No p!ss takers :D

Lads, if so many of ye keep voting to keep gunther, I´ll take him out of the poll- I only put it there as a joke :p :D

Éanna
26/09/2002, 7:06 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
He did it to Pats, he did it to Athlone and he's doing it to Rovers now. Rovers should have had more sence and I think that Brian Lenox not stupid enough to have him.
Spot on. He seems to do well everywhere for a bit and then it all falls apart. Although with rovers, he doesn´t even seem to have managed the good bit first!

Originally posted by pete
I don't he'd ever have been suggested as almost no one seems to rate him cos he inherited the Pats league team he won the league with... Has done nothing besides one good league winning season with Pats.
I think he doesn´t get enough credit for what he did at pats. very similar situation between him and mountfield at city. He came in, played a season with what he inherited, and then when he tried to change personnel, it all fell apart- I think he lost the dressing room big time.

Counting Crow
26/09/2002, 7:42 PM
I've gone for "An Other".

My "Other" has to be Ger Loughnane. I have several reasons for this.
1. He would have them going for points all the time instead of goals - can you imagine the amount of times the ball would end up in the Shed - " Up, Up, Up"
2. Tactic # 1: Let Pat's out on the pitch first, then let D Daly, Renno, Greg, Jimmy Floyd, out after........with hurly's. What a thought! Osam would s**t himself.
3. Ger would be on the TV so often with that prat on The Sunday Game- think of the publicity we'd get.
4. The crack outside the Home dressing Room ( listening to the TACTICS ..... ouch) before and @ H/Time would be brill.
5. He might even get us to play some games in Croke Park.
6. Pre season tours would be in Clare....Hmm, let me think about that one again.
7. His antics on the sideline during games would be worth the admission price alone. Better than watching cardboard cut-outs!

ccfcman
06/10/2002, 7:18 PM
Ok. Enough talk. Throw your ideas up here.
I´ve been very nice and put in an option to hang to His Royal Anti-Tacticness, if some of you so chose.
oh me i hark back to the days (2months if my memory serves me correctly) when u were as quite as a mouse when i enjoyed the lack of biggotory and "murphy out(in)" brigades

Éanna
07/10/2002, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
oh me i hark back to the days (2months if my memory serves me correctly) when u were as quite as a mouse when i enjoyed the lack of biggotory and "murphy out(in)" brigades

What the bloody hell are you on about?! :mad: :rolleyes: I haven´t been as QUIET (I´m not sure if one can be as "quite" as mouse) as a mouse on that issue at any stage since the fool took over :rolleyes:

And if you´re looking for bigotry pop on over to one of the scottish websites or something will ya :rolleyes:

Shed End John
08/10/2002, 3:48 PM
I'm not saying such a manager is actually available but, someone with the footballing brain of Noel O'Mahony and the charismatic personality of Dave Barry ( League and Cup winning managers respectively) would fit the bill perfectly. Don't ask for much, do I? Someone from outside Cork is probably the best way to go, I reckon.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
09/10/2002, 8:13 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
the footballing brain of Noel O'Mahony and the charismatic personality of Dave Barry
what so we can have nice guy in charge who gets people to hoof all the time? Sounds like we just need to give gunther a personality transplant to keep you happy :D ;)

joe
09/10/2002, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
the charismatic personality of Dave Barry

[Nelson Muntz]HA HA![/Nelson Muntz]

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 11:08 AM

what so we can have nice guy in charge who gets people to hoof all the time? Sounds like we just need to give gunther a personality transplant to keep you happy :D ;)

You seem to be forgetting that NO'M won us our only title in our history and deservedly too I might add.
Do you have ANY idea how many anti-rejection pills Gunther would have to take if he got a personality. Besides we'd still have to look at the same old face.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Dricky
10/10/2002, 11:16 AM
Well seeing as Peter Reid is now free and he likes the Irish, why not get him over here, working is better than the dole(unless you have a big bag of pot)
:D

Dricky
10/10/2002, 11:17 AM
Pump up the prices to a tenner and that will cover his wages
come think Big

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Dricky
Well seeing as Peter Reid is now free and he likes the Irish, why not get him over here, working is better than the dole(unless you have a big bag of pot)
:D

Which I'm sure he does. That idiot f***s up every half decent job he gets after a couple of seasons and there's always a pile of clubs that actually WANT him as their manager. From Citys point of view, I wouldn't touch the c**t with a barge pole.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
10/10/2002, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
(unless you have a big bag of pot)

[HOMER SIMPSON] MMMMM (drools)[/HOMER SIMPSON] :D

John, which half-decent jobs are you referring to, because as far as my memory serves me, Reid only had one (maybe two) jobs before sunderland, and I wouldn´t have called them great ones at all. I think he was badly let down by his players at sunderland to be honest. I am not forgetting that NOM won us a title, but thats not a reason to take him back, or to look for someone similar. We should be looking for the most talented man for the job, not a clone of a previous successful one.

Shed End John
10/10/2002, 3:55 PM
Manchester City for one, a potentially MASSIVE club with the resources to match. I'm not saying bring NO'M back either, just that he was a very capable manager. Besides, ultimately all successful managers are similar to SOME extent but not clones.

Murphy Out Now!!!