PDA

View Full Version : New Metropolitan Finance Monaghan-Cavan Girls League

Magicme
13/10/2006, 9:40 AM
Monaghan United FC are delighted to announce that they will be entering teams in the newly formed Metropolitan Finance Monaghan Cavan Girls League. The league will take place every 2nd saturday at different venues in Monaghan and Cavan and will be accepting entrance from teams in the two counties at under 16, 14 and 12 age groups.

As a result of this development Monaghan United FC are taking registrations this Saturday for U16,14 & 12 girls for training sessions which will take place at the Astro Parks at Monaghan United FC every Saturday morning from 11am. The training sessions will be coached by the Senior Women's coach Chris McBride and Monaghan United Senior footballer Paul Smyth.

All girls from 8-16 are invited to participate. For any further details pm me and I will give you contact numbers!

CollegeTillIDie
14/10/2006, 11:34 AM
Fantastic news Magicme.

Because until very recently your neck of the woods was a total desert where Women's soccer is concerned. And it shouldn't have been. I know from my involvement in Universities soccer that two Monaghan girls starred for the DCU Women's team in the WSCAI in recent years. Cavan was a particular black spot where as recently as three years ago there were ZERO women's teams in the county.

Magicme
16/10/2006, 9:16 AM
Yeah its down to the hard work of a few people, most notably RDO Tom Mohan, Enda Fields (Drumlin Youths) and now Eoin Killacky is the new Womens RDO and with Noel King's help has helped us to achieve our dream of a league in the area.

CollegeTillIDie
17/10/2006, 6:17 AM
I remember Tom when he played for Derry City. Noel King I know well as he used to coach UCD's men's team back in the late 1990's and Eoin Killackey has been involved in College's Women's soccer at University of Limerick in recent seasons.

Magicme
17/10/2006, 10:48 AM
yeah they are now the 3 wise men of women's football in the Monaghan area!

Number9
17/10/2006, 1:36 PM
Young Eoin is a super coach. He'll be missed in Limerick and in Tipp where he looked after a boys team for his local club.

Magicme
17/10/2006, 5:37 PM
As far as I know he is still coaching the teams down his neck of the woods too.

Number9
19/10/2006, 1:10 PM
I believe that he still has commitments to fulfill with Limerick FC. Who'll take his place with the girls in UL?

Jaws!
19/10/2006, 4:44 PM
I believe Steve Griffin has taken charge of the UL womens team.

Number9
20/10/2006, 2:07 PM
Good luck to Steve. It'll be a hard act to follow.