PDA

View Full Version : Newstalk Radio

A face
12/10/2006, 7:10 PM
What is the story with listening live? I try and launch it and it open with RealPlayer and gives me a message about WMP not playing the extension ??
Anyone else having trouble ??

http://www.newstalk.ie/

Edit : It works in IE

Demoshield
12/10/2006, 9:47 PM
The NewsTalk106 stream is broadcast in .asf format which will only play correctly in Windows Media Player. No other media player is currently supported. Some Web browsers may not support the Windows Media Player plug-in, Internet Explorer does.
You also need to make Windows Media Player the default player for .asf files, To do this open Windows Media Player and from the menu click on “Tools” , select Options from the menu, Click on the “File Types” tab, ensure that the check box for Windows Media Files (.asf files) is ticked.

Dodge
12/10/2006, 9:59 PM
Opens fine for me in realPlayer

A face
13/10/2006, 9:40 AM
Thought everyone spoke well last night, even if the Shels fan was a bit doom and gloom, that must be the norm in Tolka though :p The girl from Drogheda (?) went way off on a tangent talking about barstoolers etc. but overall very good and all sounded like they know the game. More of the same would be great.

headtheball
13/10/2006, 10:09 AM
Was very good forum. A weekly forum would be great on Newstalk.

Well done to Greengo (Derry forum), spoke very well and even got a wee dig at Shels about our recent game.:p

A face
13/10/2006, 10:57 AM
Was very good forum. A weekly forum would be great on Newstalk.

Well done to Greengo (Derry forum), spoke very well and even got a wee dig at Shels about our recent game.:p

"I just have to disagree with my Derry friend here" !! :p

Peadar
13/10/2006, 10:59 AM
Thought the Shels guy was good.
Niamh needs to be a bit less "nice" and say exactly how she feels about Waterford and UCD. :D

Overall, I thought it was worth listening to.

bambi
13/10/2006, 12:22 PM
Yes i heard this woman insulting UCD on the radio by putting us in the same bracket as Bray and Waterford. If i remember correctly, the question asked was about attracting people to games to watch sh*t football and she replied with the above named teams needing to up their standard.

This baffled me to be honest as UCD have a reputation of being a good footballing side who try to play the game in the right manner.

She also said (i think it was her), that people cant have an opinion on the Eircom league unless they have watched 6 or seven games, well NIAMH, how about watching UCD 6 or 7 times, then, and only then put forward your opinion! :mad:

Drumcondra Red
13/10/2006, 12:29 PM
What did the Shels guy say, and who was it???

bluemovie
13/10/2006, 12:39 PM
UCD have a reputation of being a good footballing side who try to play the game in the right manner.

The Blues always tried to "play the game in the right manner". We just failed miserably to do so this year. Kerley had us playing nice passing football, but we just didn't have a team (for a variety of reasons) capable of competing at this level. I worried that Cronin might try to impose Dublin City-style hoofing on us, but thankfully we rarely go Route One. The past 18 months have been really tough for us, but it was a huge achievement just to keep the club alive and get it back on a solid footing. We'll be much better next year.

Peadar
13/10/2006, 12:42 PM
She also said (i think it was her), that people cant have an opinion on the Eircom league unless they have watched 6 or seven games, well NIAMH, how about watching UCD 6 or 7 times, then, and only then put forward your opinion! :mad:

Niamh has watched UCD on many painful occassions.
At least 3 a season for the last number of years.
She knows exactly what your idea of football is.
Putting you in the same bracket as Bray and Waterford was the least insulting thing she could have said.

Niamh, you're going to have to start taking notes when I'm talking to you about UCD. :D

pete
16/10/2006, 11:34 AM

If people had to watch UCD 6-7 times before juding the league there would be even less people at matches. Niamh was asked about the standard of the eL & she answered honestly. I've taken friend to Belfield once & never again.