PDA

View Full Version : SunderlandWatch

Pages : [1] 2

Passive
12/10/2006, 2:23 PM
Green Luas line, October 11th at roughly 5:45pm.

...The first Sunderland jersey in Ireland?

Jaime
12/10/2006, 2:32 PM
Whatever about the jersies, I want to tear that poxy flag to shreds; the one with a Reg Vardy logo sewn together with a tricolour. :mad:

NY Hoop
12/10/2006, 2:37 PM
Whatever about the jersies, I want to tear that poxy flag to shreds; the one with a Reg Vardy logo sewn together with a tricolour. :mad:

Is that what it was? Thought it was a wankpool one. There was a ****ing tranmere tricolour there too ffs:rolleyes:

KOH

green army
12/10/2006, 3:22 PM
they were selling sunderland jerseys in lifestyle sports in the square a few years ago

Schumi
12/10/2006, 3:24 PM
There was a ****ing tranmere tricolour there too ffs:rolleyes: That was in Stuttgart too, thought it was another one of your lot at first.

DmanDmythDledge
12/10/2006, 3:52 PM
I saw a tricolour with an Everton crest as well last night.

pineapple stu
12/10/2006, 3:55 PM
That last was in Basel in 2003 anyway.

Bomb Landsdowne
12/10/2006, 3:56 PM
There were 2 Sunderland jerseys in the crowd in Cyprus was a bit strange to see alright.

dcfcsteve
12/10/2006, 4:03 PM
Is that what it was? Thought it was a wankpool one. There was a ****ing tranmere tricolour there too ffs:rolleyes:

KOH

Doubtless the very same proud Irish people who'd be working themselves into a lather hurling abuse at the Ing-er-land team if they ever came to town fro a game.

Sometimes I wish that entitlement to nationality could be confiscated......

EnDai
12/10/2006, 4:16 PM
The guy in Tolka for the friendly, with half an ireland shirt stitched to half a sunderland shirt. Arsehole!

BrayUnknowns
12/10/2006, 4:22 PM
Not being funny, but this thread has what to do with the eircom League ?

dancinpants
12/10/2006, 4:46 PM

If we put it in the "Other Football" section, it would have been binned after 4 posts. ;)

In here, in our on wee section we can flame away!!!

stickyjoe
12/10/2006, 4:54 PM
AFAIK the Tranmere flag belongs to a 2nd generation Irish fella living in Liverpool and that flag has been at games for years ! Not quite the same as someone living here plastering a tricolour with Sunderland or some other rubbish

BohDiddley
12/10/2006, 4:54 PM
If you have to ask, there's probably no point trying to explain.

PS: There is an extensive collection of Sundireland material on Bohsnews, as it's become a pet subject. Am I allowed link?

Sheridan
12/10/2006, 4:57 PM
Not being funny, but this thread has what to do with the eircom League ?First maxim of warfare - Know Your Enemy.

I saw Sunderland shirts for sale in Champion Sports yesterday (I'm not scum, I was looking for cricket gear. Didn't find any.)

Anto McC
12/10/2006, 5:10 PM
Am I allowed link?

Do you still have to register to read?

dcfcsteve
12/10/2006, 5:10 PM
First maxim of warfare - Know Your Enemy.

I saw Sunderland shirts for sale in Champion Sports yesterday (I'm not scum, I was looking for cricket gear. Didn't find any.)

Now that the Vikings have gone under, you're getting into to cricket....?!?

Dude - you love those crazy sporting fringes...

;)

Sniffer
12/10/2006, 5:26 PM
It's hard not to fall to the ground and weep. Was mentioned on forum recently, and I spotted report in paper, that 600 more people per week are travelling to Sunderland since you know what. Fair enough, they came here to put a few bob in Olly's pocket, but to think that those hundreds could be attending eL games instead of flying to Sunny Sunderland...AAAGGGHHHHH.

Come to think of it, they must know guck all about football anyway.:)

BohDiddley
12/10/2006, 6:25 PM
Do you still have to register to read?
No. If you ever did, it was a settings error!

superfrank
12/10/2006, 6:28 PM
I know 2 Sunderland fans in Bray. One of them goes to Bray matches.

chippie0001
12/10/2006, 6:34 PM
Green Luas line, October 11th at roughly 5:45pm.

...The first Sunderland jersey in Ireland?

I had a Sunderland jersey about 5 season's back, the blue away one. I got on the bandwagon far before the rest of ireland. :p

Poor Student
12/10/2006, 6:36 PM
If it means anything, I've seen more eL jerseys in UCD than I've ever seen in my previous 4 years. I've seen Sligo, Derry and Bohs. Just a coincidence or is there an increase in eL jerseys about?

ger121
12/10/2006, 7:06 PM
Think there has been an increase in el jersies doing the rounds in recent years. I've seen Pats, Bohs, Shels and Rovers plenty of times around Dublin. Few lads in work wear them too.

Poor Student
12/10/2006, 7:28 PM
Think there has been an increase in el jersies doing the rounds in recent years. I've seen Pats, Bohs, Shels and Rovers plenty of times around Dublin. Few lads in work wear them too.

Strangely, I got the filthiest look on Sunday from a lad in a Shels t-shirt who spotted my UCD jersey.

Anto McC
12/10/2006, 8:56 PM
No. If you ever did, it was a settings error!

Fair enough then,i'd like to look at the link if you care to put it up!

steno
12/10/2006, 9:06 PM
they were selling sunderland jerseys in lifestyle sports in the square a few years ago

They were selling them there on Sunday.

OneRedArmy
12/10/2006, 11:06 PM
Strangely, I got the filthiest look on Sunday from a lad in a Shels t-shirt who spotted my UCD jersey.Surely thats a positive in the context of this thread?:confused:

Macy
13/10/2006, 7:22 AM
Surely thats a positive in the context of this thread?:confused:
Yeah, great example of integration of the disadvantaged.

Passive
13/10/2006, 8:57 AM
If it means anything, I've seen more eL jerseys in UCD than I've ever seen in my previous 4 years. I've seen Sligo, Derry and Bohs. Just a coincidence or is there an increase in eL jerseys about?

From talking to a few people involved in the sportswear industry, I get the impression that this is the case. They say that sales are growing every year and say that one reason could be that EL jerseys look better now then they did a few years ago. The obvious exception is the Bohs jersey, which looks like it was drawn with crayon.

bluemovie
13/10/2006, 9:17 AM
I was in town yesterday and while I wasn't on SunderlandWatch, I couldn't seem to get away from them. Arnotts have the jersey in pride of place in the football section. Easons have their fanzine neatly positioned at eye-level (the others I noticed were Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Celtic and Leeds so they're in that category now). I've actually taken an interest in Sunderland (looking for their team selection/reports) since Daryl Murphy (Waterford man, former Blue, sound lad) joined them, but by no means would I delude myself into any connection with the club.

You'll love this one - a conversation a few weeks back between 2 of my Man Utd -supporting mates:
"We'll have to go to a United game this season"
"We'd nearly have better craic going to Sunderland though"

That's what you're dealing with!

Peadar
13/10/2006, 9:38 AM
Not having a go at boez for once, but isn't their jersey made by O'Neills, the worst inflicters of bogball jerseys in the world. It's no coincidence that anything they touch turns to muck, or in this case slightly more muck.

I think O'Neill's did a grand job on our home shirt.
Better than buying into the generic trash churned out by Scumbro.

Peadar
13/10/2006, 9:44 AM
I disagree it looks like a Lyons Tea minstrel.

And yours looks identical to what Bigot Brother 1 wears. I know which I'd be more upset about.

Peadar
13/10/2006, 9:56 AM
Bring back cotton I say!

Fruit of the Loom in Ireland closed down, I'm afraid.

Passive
13/10/2006, 10:32 AM
And yours looks identical to what Bigot Brother 1 wears. I know which I'd be more upset about.

That's actually not true. Aside from the fact that both jerseys are green and white hooped, they are a totally different design. Umbro used to give us Rovers versions of Celtic jerseys, but not anymore.

Not having a petty go at Bohs but O'Neill's jerseys look terrible.

WeAreRovers
13/10/2006, 10:38 AM
Celtic are Nike, Rovers are Umbro, O'Neills are puke. I think even Bohs fans hate their O'Neills rag.

KOH

el punter
13/10/2006, 10:55 AM
I think even Bohs fans hate their O'Neills rag.

Didn't the Bohs fans pick or design the jerseys themselves this season?

NY Hoop
13/10/2006, 10:56 AM
AFAIK the Tranmere flag belongs to a 2nd generation Irish fella living in Liverpool and that flag has been at games for years ! Not quite the same as someone living here plastering a tricolour with Sunderland or some other rubbish

I dont care if he founded the nation putting an english club on a tricolour is a disgrace.

KOH

hoops1
13/10/2006, 10:58 AM
I dont care if he founded the nation putting an english club on a tricolour is a disgrace.

KOH

Quality :D

Schumi
13/10/2006, 11:43 AM
Strangely, I got the filthiest look on Sunday from a lad in a Shels t-shirt who spotted my UCD jersey.I hope you returned the favour. :D

Peadar
13/10/2006, 12:30 PM
Celtic are Nike, Rovers are Umbro, O'Neills are puke.

OK, sorry, didn't realise that but Rovers shirts still look like Celtic cast offs. Nothing unique about them. I love our home kit so what rival fans think of it doesn't concern me.

pineapple stu
13/10/2006, 12:33 PM
O'Neill's do UCD's kit, which I think is one of the nicest ones in the league. But customer service, on the other hand...

Mr A
13/10/2006, 12:38 PM
O'Neill's make really good shirts. The ones I have from the 1998-99 season are still in far better shape than many of the ones we've had since. Umbro and Errea both provided woefully bad shirts.

Peadar
13/10/2006, 12:45 PM
Is their any correspondance in the inferiority quotient of bogball shirts to the inferiority of bogball itself?

I doubt it, since they wear the same shirts for Hurling, which is a vastly superior and more technically challenging sport than hockey.

fbtn
13/10/2006, 1:35 PM
The O'Neills shirts we had were up there with the best we've ever had. AFAIK, they were designed by someone in the club though. Looked great and we're very good quality.

We had PF Sports for a few seasons and they were also a top job. Patrick were okay as well. Errea were by far the worst. We have Jako now and think they are pretty cack as well. We'll hopefully be changing next season.

Back on topic re:Sunderland, I know that bus load left Donegal/Derry already for a Sunderland game and as far as I can make out, they were all Man U/Celtic fans. Strange but true I'm afraid. Can you believe any self-respecting Donegalman would share a bus with someone from Derry? *

*Only joking. Hopefully I don't get a ban for that ;)

Dodge
13/10/2006, 1:46 PM
From talking to a few people involved in the sportswear industry, I get the impression that this is the case. They say that sales are growing every year and say that one reason could be that EL jerseys look better now then they did a few years ago. The obvious exception is the Bohs jersey, which looks like it was drawn with crayon.

It helps that they're available to buy in Sportshops and not just through the club.

Agree the overall design level has gone up bar Bohs. Good job they're all casuals anyway

BohDiddley
13/10/2006, 3:33 PM
Didn't the Bohs fans pick or design the jerseys themselves this season?
That's the spiel all right. A few designs were put online, and 'Bohs fans', i.e. anyone who happened to be passing, were asked for their preference.
The shirt is appalling. So was last year's. It's a constant source of complaint, so I don't understand how anyone can defend O'Neill's, unless they are giving better service elsewhere.

holidaysong
13/10/2006, 7:14 PM
Umbro and Errea both provided woefully bad shirts.

Our home jersey last season was Errea and I love it. It is the exact same jersey as Kildare County's current home jersey though...

RonnieB
13/10/2006, 10:26 PM
umbro shirts are terrible quality. The new home jersey we have has fallen to bits in a few washes. (awaits witty reply :P)

brendy_éire
13/10/2006, 10:43 PM
umbro shirts are terrible quality. The new home jersey we have has fallen to bits in a few washes. (awaits witty reply :P)

My Derry Umbro top has held up quite well over the past 2 seasons. Hmm...

RonnieB
13/10/2006, 11:13 PM
best blame the missus then. It is the actual replica shirt I have problems with, the training shirts are of a much higher quality.