PDA

View Full Version : Connor praises the fans...then appeals for more

Rory H
12/10/2006, 10:33 AM
he told the champion how happy he was with the fans in tolka last thursday because we sang all game,stuck with the team and that we have the best away fans in the country[maybe a slight exaggeration that]

but he then went onto say he hoped all the fans who were together in tolka last thursday could meet up again and re-create that atmosphere and support in the showgrounds....

any chance of it happening though????

Bravo
12/10/2006, 11:30 AM
I think the club should do more to assist, I know one person that has compiled a collection of “impact songs” or whatever ya call them and passed them on to the MC (Chairman) these should be played at every chance & Benny the Bull should be doing cartwheels and streaks up the line!!!

I don’t think we are all going to congregate though, People in the Blue stand wont move (it would be like changing locals) & the Shed Heads love their haunt also…

I would say though if he put us all on a bus with complementary Beer & drove us round the town for three hours the atmosphere would be just like Tolka last week:D i.e. mimic the trip to Dublin :rolleyes:

Rory H
12/10/2006, 11:44 AM
the shed will have the same people as always and will always be the same...its really annoying cos we can do so much more....how many will be in the shed saturday...50?wont make much noise,you can barely hear them from other parts of the ground...what they do they do well...and well done to them.no one wants them to move...thats not the debate i think

theres a feeling we can do so much more though...the atmoshphere in tolka was electric last week.........and then we will all go to derry next tuesday and once again we will bring a brilliant atmosphere!

i guess the answer is.....mooneys at about 6pm saturday:D and blue stand then...supermans drum maybe be broken but the crowd should still follow him to that middle section of blue stand.lets go try to recreate that atmoshpher in that stand saturday......it would set us up nicely for derry.

Redzer
12/10/2006, 12:26 PM
& Benny the Bull should be doing cartwheels and streaks up the line!!!

If Benny was asked to do cartwheels, there would be streaks up the line alright. But streaks of what????????:D

DonalE
12/10/2006, 12:31 PM
I'll join you wild rover and try and bring a few more.

Rory H
12/10/2006, 2:29 PM
cool..ill be at the back of the middle section of the blue stand...im trying to round up a few more

bravo and rogue trader...ye up for it?

sligoman
12/10/2006, 9:12 PM
ill be at the back of the middle section of the blue stand...im trying to round up a few moreI'll be there, well, in that general area anyway:p

Rory H
13/10/2006, 8:13 AM
I'll be there, well, in that general area anyway:p

well actually you'll just be sitting on an advertising board cos you are too cheap to be a real fan:p

Bravo
13/10/2006, 8:20 AM
c u there (In Mooneys before hand and in the Blue stand)

Rory H
13/10/2006, 8:33 AM
brilliant....i know there a few more on here to recruit too.....anyone else?

SligoBrewer
13/10/2006, 1:33 PM
i'm not sure.. will the man from bognor regis be making an appearance in the blue stand?

Bravo
13/10/2006, 2:14 PM
i'm not sure.. will the man from bognor regis be making an appearance in the blue stand?

Even the "two-auld dolls" are getting out of their bed for this one!!!

Jeebus
13/10/2006, 2:37 PM
I will be in Jinks Ave. stand also.

In relation to the 'man from Bognor Regis' song, did there not used to be a verse about a woman from the city also??!!!:)

red_away
13/10/2006, 2:55 PM
As has been stated already - 2 hours preparation in mooneys b4 the match is the answer for 'sound in da ground' - and someone can explain to me this bognor regis effort because i am lost?

SligoBrewer
13/10/2006, 4:24 PM
I will be in Jinks Ave. stand also.

In relation to the 'man from Bognor Regis' song, did there not used to be a verse about a woman from the city also??!!!:)

i have it fully learned off in preparation for waterford:D
every word

Midgit
13/10/2006, 4:28 PM
well arnt u great sligobrewer!!!!!

SligoBrewer
13/10/2006, 4:32 PM
well arnt u great sligobrewer!!!!!

yeah, im fantastic, well in line for a medal at this stage:p

Midgit
13/10/2006, 4:37 PM
OK!! cant wait 2 see u shout ur head off in da shed 2moro wit all these songs!!!!

SligoBrewer
13/10/2006, 4:40 PM
OK!! cant wait 2 see u shout ur head off in da shed 2moro wit all these songs!!!!

i dunno yet, shed or blue stand?

if the blue stand has bognor regis then well...;)

Midgit
13/10/2006, 4:52 PM
Sunshine supporter.

Fivesilver
15/10/2006, 1:46 PM
I have to say "Foyzer for Ireland", "Singh & we're winning" and other obviously Rovers songs do more for me than random rugby club stuff like the BR one.

The really daft one (and Derry must get a great kick out of it) is the "I was born in the Showgrounds" song. The whole "knives were made for stabbing" and so on has its origins in a lovely Loyalist number - "I was born under the Union Jack" - all about shooting Taigs in the back.

Could we ever put that one to bed, lads? Or do you want to throw in a few lines of "the Billy Boys" as well?

Red&White Rover
15/10/2006, 2:10 PM

plz no txt spk.:p

Jeebus
16/10/2006, 12:28 PM
The really daft one (and Derry must get a great kick out of it) is the "I was born in the Showgrounds" song. The whole "knives were made for stabbing" and so on has its origins in a lovely Loyalist number - "I was born under the Union Jack" - all about shooting Taigs in the back.

Could we ever put that one to bed, lads? Or do you want to throw in a few lines of "the Billy Boys" as well?

Been reading your bro's book again recently Fivesilver??!!;)

The song i really hate and refuse to sing is the "no one likes us, we dont care" one. Its pretty obvious if you talk to other el clubs' supporters that this is not the case. Its also a real Rangers/ Milwall/ Chelsea song and i refuse to join in when it is sung.

JW.
16/10/2006, 2:27 PM
I wouldn't be sure about that ;)

Fivesilver
16/10/2006, 2:55 PM
Been reading your bro's book again recently Fivesilver??!!;) :p

Not in a while. But do you think he just invented the link to that crappy song?

My original point was that Rovers have more tradition on the field and off than most clubs. We should have our own songs.
More to the point, are we going to make sure, come October 29, that despite being well outnumbered, the Derry fans aren't going to come out on top?