PDA

View Full Version : Niall Quinn "spills the beans"

patsh
23/09/2002, 7:56 AM
Niall Quinn has revealed the content of Roy Keane’s tirade against Mick McCarthy, which saw the Cork man sent home in disgrace from the 2002 World Cup finals in Japan Korea.
Quinn has described the McCarthy and Keane saga as “one of the defining moment’s of Irish history”, and that it was the most surgical slaughter he had never witnessed. Keane is said to have used words such as gutless, ignorant and con man in his attack on the Irish Boss.
Quinn commented that Mick McCarthy was dismantled from a-z by Keano, including attacks on his personality & his ability as a player, and that the scenario was a clinical, fierce, and an earth shattering event. According to Quinn, Keane was the biggest victim of the World Cup bust-up
Quinn also confirmed that he attempted to patch things up after Keane received his marching orders at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light this season, after a one on one battle with Jason McAteer, but Sir Alex Ferguson intervened. Quinn said:
”I though the least I could was shake his hand, but Sir Alex intervened and obviously thought that it would make the situation worse”.

I'm not trying to restart any arguments or controversy, (Really , I'm not...Honest) , but does anyone agree that calling McCarthy a gutless, ignorant con-man who was a sh*te player is simply stating the truth ??.......... ;)

Éanna
23/09/2002, 9:54 AM
read the article andit ****ed me off to be honest. quinn was going on that keane's speech was up there with michael collins and robert emmet- a bit of perspective would do no harm!:rolleyes:

patsh
23/09/2002, 10:03 AM
I only read the bit in Soccercentral. Where was this interview published?

patsh
23/09/2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
I only read the bit in Soccercentral. Where was this interview published?
OK, read the mirror today and saw that it was in Oirland on Sunday.
I have to say though Quinny sounds like he wants to be the next leader of FF....Michael Collins, Robert Emmet, Eamonn DeValera???????? Agree with you on the lack of perspective, Eanna. I just hope he won't claim Tom Humphries was taking "artistic licence".....;)

pete
23/09/2002, 1:03 PM
Does anyone give a **** anymore?

Never have so much been written about nothing...

:eek: